December 18, 2014 | 877 users online

Gels/Soaps - Aveeno - Stress Relief Body Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is VERY similar to the Daily Moisturising Body Wash, but with lavender, chamomile & ylang ylang instead of the oat kernel, soyabean, and sunflower oils that are present in the Daily Wash. The daily wash feels slightly more moisturising than this, but this one does smell pretty good too. I use both and have yet to come across body washes anywhere near as good as Aveeno ones. They have BEST rating on Paula's Choice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Eiffle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a huge fan of Paula's Choice, but I read that she suggest this one in particular and I bought it on sale for a dollar less than the regular price of $8.99. I'm impressed! I like to use higher end washes, including LRP, Clarins, Babor. Aveeno Stress Relief Body Wash with a very light scent of lavender that appears to fade very quickly has a texture of cream/gel. It spread on almost like cream on wet skin, but as you wash, it glides on the skin very well and washes off easily without much effort. This is a regular purchase for me and I've been using it for 6 months now.
UPDATE I find that if you use a body puff, you use less and I find that it lathers up more like whip cream. It is so fluffy and it doesn't stick to the skin. I'm still happy with this shower wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this body wash to match the lotion. I am loving it so far. It is definitely much more moisturizing then the other Aveeno body washes & has a nice smell to it. Only con would be the price (about $8 for 350ml in Canada) but I can deal with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by tarsmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was reviewing Beautypedia from Paula's Choice and noticed this received a high rating. I promptly went to the store and picked it up and it really is great! There's not one thing I don't like. The smell, the moisturization, all of it. I recommended it to a picky coworker and she loved it too! I've used a lot of body washes, drugstore to high end and this is a definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Anon00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely body wash. Just need a small dollop to create a big, foamy lather. Smells very nice and it doesn't smell too strong. I'm very sensitive to strong fragrances, as they can give me headaches, but this one is light and lovely. Doesn't irritate my skin one bit and leaves skin feeling moisturized enough, definitely doesn't leave you feeling tight and dry. Lasted a long time, perhaps about 5 months with daily use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by RobsGirl4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite body wash! I absolutely love how this smells and feels on my skin! It definitely calms and rinses the day's stress away! I still love my high end body products, but pick this up often and couldn't be happier with it! Smells amazing and leaves my skin feeling soooo soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Caralee419

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best body washes I have ever used! I dont know why it took me so long to give this a try..probably because of the price tag as it is 6.99 most places. The scent is wonderful and it does help to calm you down after a long day..this is definitely a HG body wash for me and the matching lotion is just as wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really cheap and the amount provided is good; My father got this for $3.75 and it's around 350 ml. The gel itself is very clear, the texture is thick and well... gel-like. It smells heavily of lavender with a second note of chamomile. Oddly enough, when you actually use it on your body, the smell starts to become more soapy, and even begins to smell more like an ordinary bar of soap with only a hint of the lavender and chamomile. Although the scent does dissolve once outside bottle, it still stays as a heavy aroma in the shower.

I didn't have high expectations for this shower gel to start with, but I also didn't think it would irritate my skin the way it did. When I started washing myself with it, I begun to feel itchy, something that normally never happens to me. My skin is not overly-sensitive towards products, so this was really worrisome. But the feeling started to subside as I washed it off, and it was then when I noticed that my skin was left feeling very moisturized! I've yet to feel my skin so softened by a body wash alone, that I was legitimately surprised and had to double check by constantly touching my skin, lol. Also, the scent still lingers on you after you're done washing. For me, I don't mind this, because its a very clean and peaceful scent. This is definitely the type of shower gel you'd use before going to bed.

So, even though this made my skin feel itchy at first, the moisture it provided more than made up for it. My skin is so soft and refreshed, it's a bit unbelievable. I'm not sure if I'd actually buy this or continue using it because of the mild irritation, but I definitely do recommend people trying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by helethea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The scent is calm and great but what makes it even better is i dont have to apply a moisturiser afterwards. Usual body wash leaves my skin itchy due to dryness but this made my skin feels soft. Hurray i save a step!

Since i am an overseas customer as there is no Aveeno in Singapore, i purchase mine from Drugstore.com. Only wish it comes in a bigger bottle with pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by nirvanabear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mother received this product in a holiday gift basket and since she's not into liquid bath soap, she gave it to me. It sat under my bathroom sink for about a year until I ran out of my usual soap. Now I can't imagine taking a showing without it. I'm very sensitive to aromas and this one definately brightens my mood and clears my mind. Although the scent isn't overpowering when you get out of the shower, it does leave a nice clean scent as if you put scented powder on your body. Since I don't wear cologne or aftershave, I like this. I've gotten compliments on it from friends who think it's either a scented talc or a laundry detergent. It makes my skin feel clean and not dry. Will definately keep purchasing!