Revlon Super Lustrous - Rum Raisin

4.4

on 2/18/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Fantastic lipstick! The colour is the perfect browny-pinky colour that compliments my skin tone so perfectly and works well with any makeup look or outfit. Whenever I am in doubt as to what lipstick to wear, this is the one that I always go for. The pigmentation is great and the formulation is creamy and moisturising, which is really key for me as I have quite dry lips due to being on roaccutane (this is one of the few lipsticks I have found that I can wear while I've been on it). The staying power is not the best but it wears pretty well so its not too bigger deal.

on 1/20/2015 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this today and love it. This is a terrific dupe for the Sephora Pantone lipstick that is sold out and was $18. I bought this and Really Red Matte (supposedly a MAC Russian Red dupe) on sale for $12 for both. Not bad.

on 11/17/2014 7:04:00 AM

Holy Grail MLBB for me (light complexion with strong yellow undertones, auburn hair). Particularly as I get older, I need a lipstick that just works: it works with no other makeup on, it works no matter what color shirt I'm wearing, it works for day and it works for night. Rum Raisin has that silky, highly pigmented, gorgeously moist feel that makes Revlon the best drugstore lippies hands-down. And then, of course, there is the color itself. A rosy-mauvy-brown that warms and flatters my complexion (I don't do well with pale nudes).

There were some Revlon lipsticks from the '90s that need to rest in peace (orangy-browns, eggplant-purples) but Rum Raisin was an instant, timeless classic. As I said, it just works. And I love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was given this as a gift. It's a muted red. A little on the brown side and it was some sort of sheen or undertone to it that makes the color pretty and not flat. I just love this color. I have pale olive skin, dark hair and hazel eyes and this color is very flattering. It's very versatile, one could wear it for day or night.

on 11/20/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this on a whim. You remember how brown lipstick was a trend in the 90s? Well, this lipstick is kiiind of reminiscent of that but mixed with a muted brick red color. It's really nice for every day if you want something bold but not TOO bold.

on 11/9/2013 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I know this was rated highly but I did not find this color flattering on me. I'm a MAC NC35, so medium warm skin tone. Straight out of the tube, the color is really like a darker version of my natural liptone, but with a brownish-gray tone to it. I thought it made me look a little ashy, rather than pep up my skin tone. I know that everyone's going to experience this aspect of it a little different, so....

I did however find the formulation creamy and moisturizing - the color is nicely pigmented and evenly applies.

on 11/3/2013 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really like this lipstick. It is categorized under the Browns in the display. Don't let that scare you away. It is a plummy with brown undertones. It is moisturizing and wears well for a regular lipstick. It's pretty close in color to Bobbi Brown's Raisin (at a fraction of the cost). This is a little brighter than the Bobbi Brown color.

on 9/28/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am totally shocked by this color. I was looking for a berry-red shade to replace my long discontinued Paula's Choice Berry Blush. A kind person on this site suggested Rum Raisin. I would never have found this on my own, because I don't look at the neutral/brown shades. I don't wear brown or orange. I look at the red and plum shades for something in between red and plum. But Rum Raisin looks like it belongs on me. On me, it definitely is more red than brown. It is not bright, but it is not pastel. I have dark hair and fair skin and I need contrast on my lips and this is exactly the right amount of contrast. Also, I love the finish. Super Lustrous Crème lipsticks look and feel like the Paula's Choice Soft Cream lipsticks I miss so much. Until this is discontinued, my lipstick shopping days are over.

on 9/9/2013 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I based purchasing this color on the photos here, which on my monitor displays this as a really pretty mid toned pink brown that is absent from my stash. However, my tube looks absolutely nothing like the color here. I had hoped this would resemble a Dior color from years past that I think was called Angora. It doesn't. Firstly, I'm not a fan of most Revlon products as I find the color or formula just off enough to annoy the heck out of me. That was the case here. On me this color is simply too brown almost sienna brown with a pinch of pink thrown in. Did I mention I don't wear brown lipstick? I do like the formula as it is creamy. I love that it is devoid of shimmer. The color payoff is lovely. The packaging, however, is cheap and more like a tester unit design than something I want to pull out in a public restroom. I can't comment on the price as I applied several coupons at CVS effectively paying about $3 for this. I'm on the fence regarding returning this and buying a different color as from what I see the colors are either too warm or blurple.
I will say that if your a bit warm complected and want a great everyday office color to wear during cool weather this is it. No more searching necessary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was pleasantly surprised by this lip color. Revlon Super Lusterous is a consistantly good product but sometimes the pigmentation is not the best, especially with the medium and lighter shades. This lovely muted reddish brown has great coverage and wear.

I usually like a deep almost goth shade but with age I have decided to try a softer color. Rum Raisin is not a pale nude shade that seems to be popular, but a quiet color that gives nice definition and brightens my neutral fair complexion. I think this shade would complment most fair and medium skin tones.

As usual Revlon has a wonderfully smooth and elegant formula. I would put this shade up against MACs Del Rio, which I also use, any day. Not an exact dupe but very similar.

Great lipstick.