September 16, 2014 | 1758 users online

Eyeliner - Yves Saint Laurent - L'Eyeliner Noir The Black Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

you can definitely see a difference in using this eyeliner over a drugstore one. it lasts all day long, its really black and glossy and dries fast so it doesnt transfer to the lid after applied. the brush is tiny and extreamly thin which is great for getting a thin, precise line but can be quite fiddily so i wouldn't recommend for anyone who isn't great with applying liquid eyeliners. ysl is super pricey in Australia, i think i paid around $59 for this, however i would probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I used this eyeliner as my second liquid eyeliner that i had ever used. First was L'oreal it flaked so easily so I never went back to the drugstore. I was fortunate to bump into this eyeliner so soon. Finish: Matte black (not faded out grey) very pigmented. Doesn't flake you can go over it how ever many times you need to! This is a must for me. Durability: Lasts until the next day on me and I have the world's most oily skin (no exaggeration). Bobbi brown's long-wear eyeliner smudges on me within 4-5 hours due to my oily eyelids. I played with gel liners after discovering this and sadly although so easy to apply, they all smudge on me. Brush: Can create thin or thick lines but if u like very thick lines in one go then this isn't for you. Why I stopped using it, being my second eyeliner I didn't realise at the time that there is literally nothing better out there! Also, I was a novice. If you are rubbish at applying eyeliner you will struggle because its so pigmented and liquid in consistency. Also the brush is long and you can't hold near the brush so control is far less than gel liner and a brush. My advice - take a cotton bud dip it into baby oil and remove very precisely in one line. Otherwise you will be in a mess! By the way this lasted me one year used every week day at least. Additionally, I occasionally used it the following year (when I wasn't in a rush) and it seemed like there was still plenty of product left, shocking! I threw it away after 2 years because I thought it was about time I stopped using it (for hygiene reasons more than anything , it still worked just fine). So, yes it is expensive, but by far the BEST value for money. I will buy again now, thought to try Lancome's artliner but I highly doubt the formula is better, I will just have to practice using this eyeliner again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great liquid liner and I have tried many including UD, Lancome, L'Oreal, Maybelline, NYX, Physician's Formula, Eyeko, Stila, and several Japanese brush tip pens (Dollywink, K-Palette 24 HR). I prefer brush tips because I can get thin lines. The brush tip is perfect for creating thin lines - it is neither too thick nor are the bristles too long. The gold packaging is luxe and the product itself is tops. The liner also doesn't flake when you go over the line and it lasts all day. The price is expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by IngaIndi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this like 2years already,and it is really THE BEST liquid eyeliner Ive ever tried in my life!Stays up to 12 hours ,applies so easily,the tip is so thin it follows your every move!Would recommend to every girl who is not afraid of literally painting flawless lines on your eyelids!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 More reviews by Newyorking

I have used a lot of liquid and gel eyeliners in the past, and this is by far the best. I tried Urban Decay and it flaked within a few hours. I tried the YSL felt pen liquid liner, it was a bit difficult to apply. I like applying very thin liner. My lids are very oily and have a lot of crease, so liners tend to get messy. Gel liner works well and after trial and error I found the right thin brush to use. However, gel tends to wear off my oily lids by evening.

I got this liquid liner and love love the thin brush, since I like applying a thin liner. Its also very easy to apply a thick liner. Its easy to rectify messes, I start out by applying a thin liner and if it gets ruined I can make it thick with the brush. After using it for a month, I have mastered the art of getting the perfect thin liner, and will buy this product again.

When I extend the wing close to where my upper and lower lids meet, the liner smudges because my eyes are very watery, but all liners including MAC Fluidline smudge in that area. If you like liquid liner, want staying power for the entire day, and like thin liners, I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've always loved liquid eyeliner but somehow I've never really improved my technique. I think L'eyeliner is ideal for people like me because of its small and forgiving paintbrush. The result lasts and it never flakes, even in the 'flick' portion which is usually the first to go! It really is an especially black and matte (yet not dead-looking) liner, yet if you act fairly quickly it isn't difficult to fix your mistakes. A decadent but worthwhile product, I think!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this product again? I already have! I have had a back up sitting in my drawer for over a year now. Having said that, I have been on the same eyeliner tube for nearly two years now and it still has the same fluidity, colour and staying power. Hands down my HG black liquid eyeliner. At first I was so afraid of the thin applicator brush but now I couldn't be without it. Takes practice but you will reap the benefits. Stays on all day, does not smudge, and wipes away clean when you wash your face. Excellent product and lasts so long that the price it totally justified.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by KKPP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Severe allergic reaction to this. Swollen eyelids, skin peeling and dry on eyelids leaving dark red line where eyeliner used. I have found this reaction to cheap drug store brands- Revlon etc. Surprised that a high end brand would be like this. 2 thumbs down. Id expect an expensive product like this to be hypoallergenic.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by missDeeblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a YSL addict.. and the packaging, Im afraid to say ALWAYS sways me, even if the product is not up to par. In this case Id give this 3 lipticks. 1 lipstick for the delicious gold packaging, 1 lipstick for the glide-ability and glossiness of the liquid, and 1 lipstick for the fact that its YSL however the minus points are that chances are the product will dry out before bottle empty, as the screw lid is sure to get jammed with dried liquid, making the lid over time, hard to close tight, and another minus is the fact the brush could have been a little finer/longer/more flexible

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the formula so far. It lasts all day and its black and glossy, My only problem is the brush. Im fairly new to liquid eyeliners and this brush was difficult to master :P I guess I have to practice some more. But overall, great liner!