July 31, 2014 | 1859 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Cooling Loose Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2006 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Willow_Campbell

Am glad they discontinued this. My powder moulded in a week or two.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2005 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Soie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I haven't noticed any cooling effects, I do love the subtle youthful glow the highlighter (a light peachy-pink) lends to my cheeks (I lightly dust it on after I've applied my blush). It cost $1.99 at National Wholesale Liquidators: I'm going back to get a few more while they're still available.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2004 6:01:00 AM More reviews by protobiont

I love the cooling sensation once it touches your skin. However, it contains 'micas' which in turns accentuate your pores. I like it over the blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2004 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Pixie410

I bought this at Big Lots and had no expectations for it whatsoever. Well I'm pleasantly surprised to say the least. Every time I put this on, I get compliments from almost everyone. It really perks up my complexion and it's very light with great staying power. The cooling sensation's nice, but I'm far more impressed with the way this stuff just livens up my skin without making it look like a shimmery mess (as with most highlighting powders). My only regret is that they're discontinuing this item.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 2:23:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not liking this, but I'm not hating this. I'm sort of indifferent to this. I have both the Translucent and Highlighter colors (Highlighter is a pale, shimmery pink), both of which I got on sale at CVS for $2.50 each.

It goes on fabulously smoothly, and the cooling sensation is WONDERFUL...not long lasting, but that part does feel great for a while. It gives me a bit of a glow, without looking shiny and like I doused my face with baby oil. It isn't really that great for oil control, but I did use it without a foundation underneath and that could have made a difference. It might perform better with a foundation (if I could ever find one that WORKS RIGHT!!!). The puff that is included is adequate, but most of the time I use a fluffy brush. Just make sure you screw the lid down tight, to keep this from drying out.

One word you need to remember with this...MODERATION. Too much, and you look like you stuck your face in the glitterpot. Use a very light hand, and try a big fluffy brush instead of the enclosed spongy-puff thing.

I might get more usage out of this in the summer, when I'm sure I'll appreciate the "cooling sensation" more. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2004 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in traslucent and since i usually have a tan it did work quite well. I loved the cooling effect. I havent tried the bronzer but if i can find it i will most definately get it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2003 4:33:00 PM More reviews by birdgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder a few months ago out of curiosity - how can it contain 50% water? I loved the cool feeling upon application, but after that - yuck. Streaky & way too shimmery. I looked stupid. This went straight into the drawer (I never throw anything out). Then, horror of horrors: A week ago I got this out, opened it & noticed a musty odor. Looking closely, on the edge of the puff, was MILDEW!! Yes, black mildew like you see in a campground shower stall. Since I got it on sale for $6 I didn't pursue this w/ the company, but maybe I should have. Avoid this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2003 2:36:00 PM More reviews by JennCap

I bought this powder based on the reviews and it was only 4.99 at CVS the local chain drugstore. It didn't do anything, no shine, no nothing. I'm glad you all like it. Just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2003 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ibaluvlyprincess

This is one of my staples. I found it at Big Lots, so I thought, why not give it a try? Now I can't live without it! The cooling effect is wonderful on the face. It gives me a dewy glow but without the shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 9:49:00 AM More reviews by jalin

This is a tad pricey for a drugstore product and the relatively small amount you get, but it does feel amazing when you apply it to your skin, more like a liquidy cream than a powder. Very refreshing.