April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Styling Products - Citre Shine - Shine Mist

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this religiously for a few years, in the early noughts, and it surprisingly did the job really, really well. I got lots of compliments about my hair looking nice and specifically being shiny. HOWEVER, during those same years my asthma got worse. I can't say for sure, of course, but I suspect this product may have had something to do with it. I now avoid spray products (some have been shown to be able to get in the lungs) and products with undisclosed fragrance (phthalates are known asthma triggers). Thank goodness they discontinued it (I think?) or I would have continued to use it longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm still very open to trying other shine/heat protectant sprays, but this one does the trick for me as long as I don't use any conditioner during my shower, and that's really when I need it most anyway. This stuff seems to leave hair greasy if you use too much, and especially if your hair already has enough moisture (ergo: after using conditioner, you may want to look into using something else.) My hair is very dry and curly, so this doesn't pose very much of a problem for me unless I use a lot of it around my roots. Other than that, the price is okay, I like the smell, and I'd probably buy this again in-between trying other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by hustlababy09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use Citre Shine Mist, Anti-Frizz Spray Laminator almost every day. It really makes a difference in the appearance of my hair. You only need 2 or 3 sprays and it makes your hair look so shiny and gorgeous; like you just came from the salon! Because you only need to use a couple sprays each time, the bottle lasts for a long time. My bottle isn't even half empty after using it daily for 2 months. You get a quality product for a low price. This is the perfect product to finish off your hair routine. It's not greasy AT ALL (unless you spray it an inch away from your roots) and definitely adds that extra "oomph" to your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by stephiesaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually received this product years ago as a gift and received a single piece of valuable advice - use it sparingly or your hair will look greasy. Hence, I either use it on wet hair to distribute it through my hair, or use it on the lower half of dry hair. Either way, my hair looks noticeably more shiny. The spray pump distributes the product well, plus it smells quite nice. My only issue is that I would have no clue where to buy this in Australia, if it is available here, because this stuff is excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by nappyminnie

Okay so I'm not sure if it made my hair shiny or glossy (I've used Fekkai Gloss and that one I noticed right away after I sprayed) at all but what it did for me was detangle detangle detangle which is not what the product is for but it's awesome at it. My hair gets tangles alot because it's really dry and ALWAYS gets tangle after a wash but everytime I use this right after I wash my hair it helps detangle very quickly that I'm able to brush my whole head through in 2 minutes.It also makes my hair very soft and healthier looking so it makes it not look dry and brittle but still, I don't think it makes it shiny. I spray very close to my head unlike what everyone else is doing. I do 10-15 sprits after I towel dry my hair for a couple of minutes. I love this and so glad I found it and thanks to all other MA reviewers. I got this for $2.76 (at first I thought it'd be impossible to find since many reviewers are having trouble but I found it at Wal-mart) which I can't believe how cheap the price is for basically a detangler and this will last a year or more with it's generous amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

I really like this stuff! I used it in high school, and saw that it really made my hair healthier somehow. maybe it sealed the split ends or something.. Anyway, now I use it only on DAMP/WET hair, and I use it quite liberally.. the trick is to put it mainly on the lower half of my hair, and to use it very sparingly around the face.. I feel like putting it on wet hair makes it distribute better to avoid being greasy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Xelestra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an EXCELLENT de-tangler to throw into your tote when the family goes to the beach. Doesn't matter if it's too greasy/oily from over-application then: I only want something that'll keep delicate hair conditioned until we get to a real shower. Can't beat the price or smell for that, not to mention the spray bottle is outstanding. Maybe I'll start using it normally after this...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this shine mist and it smells so good. It works great on my hair/hair extensions. It adds a great amount of shine, keeps my frizzy ends under control and keeps my hair extensions from getting too dry and unmanageable.

The product is made by Schwarkopf; this company makes my favorite shampoo, conditioner and color treatment for the ends of my hair. The shine mist is reasonably priced and best of all it works. I will purchase this product again...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this!! It goes on really light and does give subtle shine and smoothness. It's realy good for quick touch~ups on the go too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Luv this!!! I've been using this for sooooo many years...I luv how it makes my hair glossy without looking oily and it does not weigh my hair down.I have thick naturally curly hair that I straighten and 1 spritz of this works like a charm=)