April 17, 2014 | 1375 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Peppermint Patty Kiss Me Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used this for a year and I still love it. I agree with woodyoriental below that it is impossible to get it out of the tube when it's cold. I remember getting the package off the porch last winter and being freaked out that I couldn't squeeze any out. BUT that little quirk aside, this has been my favorite lip balm for a year and it's one of those purchases I might actually use up entirely. Great flavor and longevity.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by woodyoriental

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I might have given this product a higher rating if IT WOULD JUST COME OUT OF THE TUBE!

Seriously, I live in Northeastern United States, and since this product has the consistency of a lip *balm* (think: Chapstick) it is way too thick to put in a squeeze tube. Special for Winter??? Ha! There's no way you could get this to work if it were anywhere under 50 degrees! I took a look at a few of the rave reviews and most of them were from people who live where it doesn't get very cold.

I had to put this in my pocket for a good half hour before it softened enough to come out. Yes, it has a nice flavor, nice consistency, and isn't shiny *at all*, but what good is that if it's hard to get on your lips?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by bellajolie

This stuff is aromatherapy, invigoration and breezy coolness all in one tiny squeeze tube. It tingles my lips in a yummy way, and is fresh and minty. I got mine during the holidays, because they dont sell it year round! Pitty, it is super yummy stuff. Next to girl scout cookies, this is my favorite seasonal product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 4:05:00 AM More reviews by misskwan

I can't live without this one. I love the smell and the feeling of tingling coolness on my lips. The pink tint is just cute enough to wear alone. Once I thought I lost it somewhere forever, I freaked out!! Peppermint is great :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ffeist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was okay, pretty expensive, not sure if I would purchase it again

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2006 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Maverick8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The peppermint oil in this lip balm made my lower lip swell, get a bit raw, and it hurt like heck! I've used medicated lip balms before that contained menthol with no adverse effects so I'm guessing the peppermint oil is just more irritating. I can't really give this balm anything other than a 1 rating because it's unusable. I've asked the company for a replacement and will update here with their response. **UPDATE** Philosophy customer service called me and sent me out a Kiss Me in clear as a replacement without issue. Great service!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 2:24:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this in the set: The Ultimate Kiss, along with the red Kiss Me in a tube. I love this! The red is still my #1 fave HG of lip balms, but this comes in a close 2nd. I love how moisturizing it is, I love the scent and the flavor and the texture. I like that it gives me a tiny bit of pink shine and fresh minty breath all day long. It's fool proof and you can apply it without a mirror! I'm a big fan of dark eyes and a light lip, and I have pigmented lips anyway, so these work just fine on their own. Nice for when i'm not going for that lipstick on the teeth look. Will buy again, numerous times! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2006 12:29:00 AM More reviews by uniquemo

I recieved this product as a swap and I LOVE it! I have turned out to be a big Philosophy whore. I love the light tint this product leaves, just enough to not make me look like a real whore LOL ; )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 7:17:00 PM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked the color, and the taste. But I was very unsatisfied with the packaging. I received the set of three, and two of the lip balms, the holes got plugged up and the balm wouldn't come out. The other end where there was seams busted and balm was all over my purse. Cruddy packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2005 8:43:00 PM More reviews by madamoisellemoi

I like this product. Very shimmery, minty, and makes the lips lightly tinted. Perfect for those that like to do up their eyes but don't want their lips to go out naked.