December 22, 2014 | 976 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Gremlynn13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Benzoyl peroxide, while clearing up all my acne, has left me with dry patches around my mouth, along my jaw, and around my eyes and temples. I gave this a go after many glowing reviews, though I was very hesitant over the fact that the first main ingredient is mineral oil, which i avoid like the plague. To my delight, however, using this removed my dry patches in about 4 days, and I have no breakouts to report as of yet. will definitely keep this as a staple in my skin care routine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim. I was only able to use it only one time. This stung my face and turned it beet red within seconds. I could not get this off my face fast enough. To be fair I do have very reactive and sensitive skin. I passed this onto my twenty something daughter who was able to use it without any problems. I gather that she likes it b/c the jar is almost gone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is everything I thought I would never use on my face. I'm 54, super oily and prone to breakouts. I tried this mainly because of the reviews and the remover I was using (Clinique Take The Day Off Balm) blurred my vision no matter how carefully I used it. Anyway, I use the Jergens cream mainly to remove my mascara (the few times I wear it) and my SPF sunscreen/primer (almost impossible to wash off). When I apply this all over my face, I usually remove it with a warm wet washcloth or a basic wipe (like a baby wipe with no fragrance). I follow with Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser to remove all traces of the cream. This would probably be too harsh if you have dry or sensitive skin, but it really works for my oily skin. I then follow with a mild moisturizer like Cerave cream or plain Aveeno lotion for night. I've been using the Jergens for about six months with no adverse affects. I have never left it on my face overnight or used it as a moisturizer because I fear what might happen, but it works great as a basic cold cream to remove my makeup before I cleanse. I'm giving it only four lippies because I'm not crazy about the fragrance, but it won't stop me from repurchasing... if I ever make it through the huge jar! You get a lot of product for your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

This is an excellent cold cream for the winter months. It's too heavy for my skin type in the summer when it's humid but once autumn arrives I add it to my regimen and keeps dry skin at bay perfectly and without breaking me out.

Typically I prefer cold creams that wash cleaner than this, that can be rinsed off without a washcloth if necessary, this is on the heavier side and excellent for skin that has patchy dryness like mind does in the winter. It takes off all your makeup and leaves your skin clean but well moisturized. You can even follow up with a foaming or acne cleanser and it will still leave your skin with a lot of moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by ElisabethWilson

i have had the same tub for 2 years now as i don't use it every single night. this product is amazing and the price is very cheap. my skin can be very dry at times and whenever that happens i put some on my face before bed. by the next morning my skin is usually not dry (depending on how dry it was ) i only put it on before bed because it can make your face look super greasy. there is no scent and its very nice on my sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Applemonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this cream as I saw a lot of good reviews and the price was not bad. Unfortunately, it wasn't for me. I couldn't stand the smell and it perhaps was too greasy for me or heavy even when washing it off. I was hoping if I leave it on all night it might be super moisturizer as it was heavy but it didn't really do anything for me. In the end I was unable to finish as I don't like how it feels/smells/ nor did it work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by omgsushi505

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have only used this once and it was an hour ago so if nobody takes this review seriously I don't blame you. I have extremely dry skin that is very sensitive with eczema on my cheeks and dry patches on my cheeks, forehead, area around nose, etc. This is the only product I used besides Neutrogena cleansing wipes that kept my skin clear and radiant and completely free of dry patches (Highly recommend Neutrogena cleansing wipes to dry skin people). My mother is a 54 year old Korean woman who people think is in her late twenties, she recommended that i try this and my skin instantly glowed when I wiped this off. Will update if opinions change but right now I am amazed with this product for the price.
**UPDATE***
I've been using this for a few weeks now and this has been amazing on my skin. My skin has never been so soft and radiant. I get a dollop of this, then wipe off with neutrogena makeup remover wipes (cut into quarters to save money and waste less) without rinsing, just let It all soak in for a min or two and then put on moisturizer. my skin is more beautiful than it has ever been and I don't think I'll ever stop using this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sunshinewonder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There's this conflict: on one hand there's the view that there is a linear progress and that modern is always more evolved, and then there is a view that some things are time tested, known to the wise, and are best left unchanged. Modern minds might take fright at the fact that this contains petrochemicals, fragrance, and coloring. Others, with a more relaxed attitude towards those things, might find a romantic feeling knowing that those now with generations beneath them opened fresh jars of this very same pink salve to remove the blacks and reds they dressed their skin with just before an exciting evening long ago. As for myself, I haven't found any science that would put me off anything in the jar. It seems to me to be one of those things that wiser women just know to have on hand. I enjoy the smell, the color, the texture, the price, and the efficacy in removing eye makeup. A simple jar, of old fashioned cold cream, is an inexpensive and smart thing to have. That's my take.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love cold cream, its your best friend. Many older women swear by a good cold cream. I didn't have any complaints about this product, id even buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by hpage84

I started using this cold cream a few weeks ago based on the positive reviews and low price point and I'm thrilled I did. At first I was unsure how to use it and tried just rinsing it off with water, but that doesn't really work for me as I didn't like the oily residue (though I suppose it could be beneficial for people with dry skin - mine's medium-to-oily).

Here's what I do: before bed I put a dab on my fingers and rub it into my face and just below my jawline for about a minute, making sure to get all my eye makeup loosened up. Then I use a tissue in upward motions to remove the cream, followed by a quick application of half a pump of Cetaphil liquid cleanser to remove any residue I might have missed. Rinse with water, apply night moisturizer, then off to bed. (I don't use the Jergens cream in the morning - just another half pump of Cetaphil and my daytime moisturizer with SPF.) My skin's never looked better and I have had no problems with breakouts.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No