July 25, 2014 | 1920 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by misslisaruiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Back in mid to late June I had tried the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleansing Pads... BIG MISTAKE!! I had the worst allergic reaction ever. My mom recommended that I wash my face with just plain water and use this cream. My face cleared up within three days. Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've really fallen in love with cold creams and have been trying out various brands. Although I think I like Avon's Care Soothing Cold Cream Cleanser the best, Jergens is also great, and you get about 5 times more product for the same price. In fact, Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream retails at Kmart for $3.99 for a HUGE 15 oz jar. And I love the slightly reto pink and white jar.

A pale pink cream, with a floral scent, Jergens cold cream is nice and thick. Although the directions say to apply it generously, I find that a cherry sized dallop is more than enough to remove a full face of makeup. Very gently massage the cream into the skin in an upward motion. Leave it on for a minute or two to lift off the makeup and/or grime, and then gently wipe away with a cleansing wipe or wash cloth. Follow with some toner or witch hazel. I personally like witch hazel best. Then if you need to moisturize. You might find that the cold cream leaves you moist enough and that eye cream is all you require.

I have sensitive combination skin and was worried at first that the cold cream would irritate my skin or make me break out. But really I've never looked better. In the morning I blot any excess oil away with blotting tissues and then cleanse with a cleansing lotion or cleansing cream. Personally, I think the Jergens, or any cold cream for that matter, is a little rich for morning cleansing. However, if you have seriously dry sky it might just be the ticket.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fond memories of both my mom and grandmother's using this when I was a little girl. My GG had the most gorgeous skin and all she used was Cold cream either Jergens or Ponds. Since Pond's changed their forumula it doesn't perform like it used to and Jergen's is much closer in the original Cold cream ingredient recipe (Merle Norman is also unchanged but much more expensive). I picked this up at Wal-Mart for $3.95. So CHEAP!! I've been battling Hormonal acne due to peri-menopause. I'm 42 but I take care of my skin and Im often mistaken for someone much younger. I don't go out in the sun if possible even though I only wear SPF 15, I still have only a few fine lines on my forehead (Genetic). So my skin is schizo. Acne fighting products actually make my skin worse. I would describe my skin as Semi-oily/Dehydrated/Clog Prone/Acne prone, eczema prone. I easily will breakout from a product or makeup. I can't use silicones at all in any products. After Doctors were not able to help me I decided to go back to Retro skincare. Our grandmothers had beautiful skin and acne was rare so there must be something to a good cold cream.

This removes all my makeup, makes my skin super uber soft and if you massage it around for 5-10 minutes you will notice sebum plugs and skin starting to rub off. It really does clean out pores. Mineral oil has no effect on my skin other than keeping in water, making it soft. I think it gets a bad rap because of many misconceptions. Most people hear about industrial Mineral oil and not cosmetic grade. They are very different. It is actually very low in comedegenity. It's why Noxema and Pond's still use it and they have been around forever. My cousin is a Chemist and says it's one of the best Cosmetic ingredients and superior to most oils in skincare and that propaganda has a lot to due with misconceptions.

So Im using this twice a day. Massage it in, leave on for 15 minutes and then using Pond's soothing wipes (Purple label) , I remove it. My skin is as soft as a baby's bottom, no breakouts. As a matter of fact my skin has completely cleared and getting better every day. I do not feel greasy at all after wiping off. I have left it on for about an hour as a moisturizing mask but I have not slept in it. I prefer a essential oil/Argan blend for healing at night instead. This really helps moisture retention in the skin. And to be honest not much can keep you from aging except proper moisture balance. Keep a good balance in your skin and you will stop breaking out and having irritation. This really helps the skin barrier function. Sodium Borate (also known as borax to some people) is a inflammation fighter, it also has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and has been in use for almost 130 years in skincare. It's inert and harmless. Borax is still used in a lot of countries and a natural fungal fighter and it does work. It's prescribed to Rosaceans in many Asian countries for a reason. It's just very good for a myriad of skin conditions. I plan to stock up on this. Walmart seems to be the best Source in the US. I've started using this after I shave my legs and wow, super soft gleaming skin. My BF even commented on how soft my skin is and he rarely says diddly squat about my skin.

It's so cheap, it's worth a try for those with problem skin. I breakout so easily but to be honest this actually keeps me from not breaking out by providing my skin not only with the right oil balance but also a protective barrier. I loves It!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by naturalbeaut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is the best makeup remover around! It moisturizes and leaves a dewy, glowing complexion. It also really helps calm and soothe the light eczema I have on my lower legs. It's a multi-tasking product with a lovely smell! Jergens Face Cream is one of those timeless "beauty secret" products. A must-have!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I freaking live this stuff. Always have a tub under my sink for nighttime makeup removal. I paid less than $4 at Wal-Mart for a huge tub. Just keep it clean and it lasts for a long while. I rub this stuff all over face and neck then wipe with a damp wash cloth or tissues. I then use a little more on my eye area for waterproof mascara, eyeliner etc. I do it separate bc I don't want to rub mascara all over my face doing it all at once. Usually I then wash residue off with soap or cleanser but have fallen asleep after just wiping it off and my skin was fine. I have sensitive, dry acne prone skin and this doesn't irritate or make me break out but I don't use as a face cream.
However if your coloring your hair at home rub this stuff on your face around hairline, backs of ears etc to prevent dye from staining it works fabulously.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by kalvanno

I love this stuff, I use it as night moisturizer,&to take my make up off&as mini facial I leave it on for 5-10minutes &wash off with a face cloth.also it smells good, makes my skin soft with a glow&it doesn't cost a lot,(I'm on a budget) next time I go shopping I'm going to get anothertub of it&leave it at my boyfriends.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by KarmaKins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream is so awesome! Just as good as Albolene maybe better!! You can do almost anything with this stuff and it wont hurt acne perhaps even helps it out. I reccomend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by babyro0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My grandmother and mother have always used this product, and my grandmother and mother have amazing skin. I wasn't blessed, I have horrible acne, especially cystic acne around that time of the month. I've always used Cetiphil and Proactive to help with breakouts, and it just wasn't working for me, so, I gave my grandmother a call, she told me to try the Jergens Cold Cream that she uses. And Grammy always knows best so I went out and bought a big tub of it for $3.97 at my local Walmart. I tried it that night, and the scent brought back so many good memories of my childhood, and I loved the consistency and beautiful light pink color. It makes you feel girly, and the scent reminds you of at least one person in your family because it was so widely used back in the day.

After using it for the first day I was really concerned about it containing Borax, as well as mineral oil. I was expecting my skin to break out, and have to lock myself indoors because I'd have such bad acne. I let it set on my face all night without washing it off, in the morning it was like my skin had drank it all up! I didn't realize how horribly dry my skin was until I used this! When I wake up in the morning my face smells beautifully like Roses, and my skin feels soft. The Best part is that I noticed results after using it for 2 days, and my acne had almost completely cleared up! I've never had clear skin, so, it was a real change, I was amazed!

I use this product twice a day, once in the morning as a cleanser, after applying it, I dab it off with a Seventh Generation Baby Wipe, and then use My Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner. Even though I clean it off of my face thoroughly, my skin still feels amazing, and isn't oily at all. After I get home, I use it to remove my makeup, and then rub a thicker layer on my skin before I go to bed. My husband doesn't mind the scent either!

Needless to say, everyone who's said it's not for people with oily skin, I beg to differ, I typically have oily, dry, combination skin, and it absolutely worked for me. My skin tone has evened out, and I don't get cystic acne like I used to. It's not a cure all, I still get some black heads and the occasional pimple, so, if you're looking for a miracle, this isn't a magic cream haha, however, it will definitely help. Keep in mind though, it isn't for everyone, what works for my oily, dry, combination skin may not work for you.

I also love using it as a eye cream, it makes my eyes less puffy and I don't get as harsh of dark circles as I used to.

I love the packaging, it's so vintage and cute, it reminds me of my Grandmother and my mother. It's lovely.

Bottom line, this cold cream is only $4.00, and it gets the job done. I would recommend trying it to everyone who's thought about it, it is amazing! I also use it as a deep moisturizing treatment for my feet, as I do get dry, flakey, calloused skin on my feet occasionally. I rub a thick layer on, and put on socks, it does wonders for dry skin. I haven't tried it on my legs as some reviewers have, however, I have used it on my elbows, I just don't want it all over my body as I think it would be uncomfortable as it doesn't rub in like other moisturizers. It also works as a makeup base if you're looking for a dewy, youthful finish under your regular makeup, typically I'll mix some of my foundation with it in my hand and use it as a tinted moisturizer during winter time as my skin gets really dry and flaky in winter.

Anyway! Sorry for the huge review, I hope this helps! If you're thinking about trying it, I definitely would suggest it for everyone!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by simplysaysea

This product is the best face cream/wash/moisturizer I have ever used.
About 6 months ago, I developed a very severe case of adult acne, the first serious breakout of my life. Since then, I have bought all the top of the line washes, spot treatments, masks, moisturizers, etc. desperately trying to find something that would help. Hundreds of dollars and dozens of products that didn't work, I saw this at the grocery store. I remember seeing it at my grandmothers house, and it was so cheap, I thought what the hell. I use it every morning as a light moisturizer, let sit for a few minutes and wipe off with a tissue. Every night I use this, as well as my makeup remover, to clean my face. I have completely eliminated all other spot treatments, moisturizers and masks from my regime. I only use this cream, along with my cetaphil face wash. My acne is completely gone, my face is blemish free, and my acne scars are even starting to smooth out. Seriously, best product ever! I'm kicking myself for using anything else all these years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this pink old ladies goop for years. It comes in the big tub, and is about $4.00. One tub lasts about a year.

My skin is dry. i use old face cloths, rub it in and gently remove. It takes everything off, dirt, oils, make up, waterproof make up.

The old facecloths gently exfoliate my skin as well

I would prefer a pump and pretty smaller container, no smell either but my skin looks silky, and is clear and soft.

It is the best thing on the market; at the cheapest cost. Every time I try something else, I keep on coming back to this

I even will rub it into my body skin before showering, and then wash my skin with an old face cloth exfoliating and cleaning at the same time. This is my holy grail for winter.