October 31, 2014 | 1538 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by omgsushi505

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have only used this once and it was an hour ago so if nobody takes this review seriously I don't blame you. I have extremely dry skin that is very sensitive with eczema on my cheeks and dry patches on my cheeks, forehead, area around nose, etc. This is the only product I used besides Neutrogena cleansing wipes that kept my skin clear and radiant and completely free of dry patches (Highly recommend Neutrogena cleansing wipes to dry skin people). My mother is a 54 year old Korean woman who people think is in her late twenties, she recommended that i try this and my skin instantly glowed when I wiped this off. Will update if opinions change but right now I am amazed with this product for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sunshinewonder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There's this conflict: on one hand there's the view that there is a linear progress and that modern is always more evolved, and then there is a view that some things are time tested, known to the wise, and are best left unchanged. Modern minds might take fright at the fact that this contains petrochemicals, fragrance, and coloring. Others, with a more relaxed attitude towards those things, might find a romantic feeling knowing that those now with generations beneath them opened fresh jars of this very same pink salve to remove the blacks and reds they dressed their skin with just before an exciting evening long ago. As for myself, I haven't found any science that would put me off anything in the jar. It seems to me to be one of those things that wiser women just know to have on hand. I enjoy the smell, the color, the texture, the price, and the efficacy in removing eye makeup. A simple jar, of old fashioned cold cream, is an inexpensive and smart thing to have. That's my take.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love cold cream, its your best friend. Many older women swear by a good cold cream. I didn't have any complaints about this product, id even buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by hpage84

I started using this cold cream a few weeks ago based on the positive reviews and low price point and I'm thrilled I did. At first I was unsure how to use it and tried just rinsing it off with water, but that doesn't really work for me as I didn't like the oily residue (though I suppose it could be beneficial for people with dry skin - mine's medium-to-oily).

Here's what I do: before bed I put a dab on my fingers and rub it into my face and just below my jawline for about a minute, making sure to get all my eye makeup loosened up. Then I use a tissue in upward motions to remove the cream, followed by a quick application of half a pump of Cetaphil liquid cleanser to remove any residue I might have missed. Rinse with water, apply night moisturizer, then off to bed. (I don't use the Jergens cream in the morning - just another half pump of Cetaphil and my daytime moisturizer with SPF.) My skin's never looked better and I have had no problems with breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by frostwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm 40, clog prone with oily T-zone. Thought sure this would cause break outs, but it's so cheap, thought I'd give it a try based on the good reviews. As a previous reviewer said this pink old ladies' goop is great! Great make up remover! Even though I'm oily, I tend to get flaky due to skin care products aimed at cleaning pores. This face cream just leaves my skin feeling wonderful. You have to use a washcloth to remove. I attempted to just rinse off in shower and was left way too greasy. A warm washcloth is key!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by misslisaruiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Back in mid to late June I had tried the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleansing Pads... BIG MISTAKE!! I had the worst allergic reaction ever. My mom recommended that I wash my face with just plain water and use this cream. My face cleared up within three days. Love this product!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've really fallen in love with cold creams and have been trying out various brands. Although I think I like Avon's Care Soothing Cold Cream Cleanser the best, Jergens is also great, and you get about 5 times more product for the same price. In fact, Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream retails at Kmart for $3.99 for a HUGE 15 oz jar. And I love the slightly reto pink and white jar.

A pale pink cream, with a floral scent, Jergens cold cream is nice and thick. Although the directions say to apply it generously, I find that a cherry sized dallop is more than enough to remove a full face of makeup. Very gently massage the cream into the skin in an upward motion. Leave it on for a minute or two to lift off the makeup and/or grime, and then gently wipe away with a cleansing wipe or wash cloth. Follow with some toner or witch hazel. I personally like witch hazel best. Then if you need to moisturize. You might find that the cold cream leaves you moist enough and that eye cream is all you require.

I have sensitive combination skin and was worried at first that the cold cream would irritate my skin or make me break out. But really I've never looked better. In the morning I blot any excess oil away with blotting tissues and then cleanse with a cleansing lotion or cleansing cream. Personally, I think the Jergens, or any cold cream for that matter, is a little rich for morning cleansing. However, if you have seriously dry sky it might just be the ticket.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fond memories of both my mom and grandmother's using this when I was a little girl. My GG had the most gorgeous skin and all she used was Cold cream either Jergens or Ponds. Since Pond's changed their forumula it doesn't perform like it used to and Jergen's is much closer in the original Cold cream ingredient recipe (Merle Norman is also unchanged but much more expensive). I picked this up at Wal-Mart for $3.95. So CHEAP!! I've been battling Hormonal acne due to peri-menopause. I'm 42 but I take care of my skin and Im often mistaken for someone much younger. I don't go out in the sun if possible even though I only wear SPF 15, I still have only a few fine lines on my forehead (Genetic). So my skin is schizo. Acne fighting products actually make my skin worse. I would describe my skin as Semi-oily/Dehydrated/Clog Prone/Acne prone, eczema prone. I easily will breakout from a product or makeup. I can't use silicones at all in any products. After Doctors were not able to help me I decided to go back to Retro skincare. Our grandmothers had beautiful skin and acne was rare so there must be something to a good cold cream.

This removes all my makeup, makes my skin super uber soft and if you massage it around for 5-10 minutes you will notice sebum plugs and skin starting to rub off. It really does clean out pores. Mineral oil has no effect on my skin other than keeping in water, making it soft. I think it gets a bad rap because of many misconceptions. Most people hear about industrial Mineral oil and not cosmetic grade. They are very different. It is actually very low in comedegenity. It's why Noxema and Pond's still use it and they have been around forever. My cousin is a Chemist and says it's one of the best Cosmetic ingredients and superior to most oils in skincare and that propaganda has a lot to due with misconceptions.

So Im using this twice a day. Massage it in, leave on for 15 minutes and then using Pond's soothing wipes (Purple label) , I remove it. My skin is as soft as a baby's bottom, no breakouts. As a matter of fact my skin has completely cleared and getting better every day. I do not feel greasy at all after wiping off. I have left it on for about an hour as a moisturizing mask but I have not slept in it. I prefer a essential oil/Argan blend for healing at night instead. This really helps moisture retention in the skin. And to be honest not much can keep you from aging except proper moisture balance. Keep a good balance in your skin and you will stop breaking out and having irritation. This really helps the skin barrier function. Sodium Borate (also known as borax to some people) is a inflammation fighter, it also has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and has been in use for almost 130 years in skincare. It's inert and harmless. Borax is still used in a lot of countries and a natural fungal fighter and it does work. It's prescribed to Rosaceans in many Asian countries for a reason. It's just very good for a myriad of skin conditions. I plan to stock up on this. Walmart seems to be the best Source in the US. I've started using this after I shave my legs and wow, super soft gleaming skin. My BF even commented on how soft my skin is and he rarely says diddly squat about my skin.

It's so cheap, it's worth a try for those with problem skin. I breakout so easily but to be honest this actually keeps me from not breaking out by providing my skin not only with the right oil balance but also a protective barrier. I loves It!

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by naturalbeaut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is the best makeup remover around! It moisturizes and leaves a dewy, glowing complexion. It also really helps calm and soothe the light eczema I have on my lower legs. It's a multi-tasking product with a lovely smell! Jergens Face Cream is one of those timeless "beauty secret" products. A must-have!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I freaking love this stuff. Always have a tub under my sink for nighttime makeup removal. I paid less than $4 at Wal-Mart for a huge tub. Just keep it clean and it lasts for a long while. I rub this stuff all over face and neck then wipe with a damp wash cloth or tissues. I then use a little more on my eye area for waterproof mascara, eyeliner etc. I do it separate bc I don't want to rub mascara all over my face doing it all at once. Usually I then wash residue off with soap or cleanser but have fallen asleep after just wiping it off and my skin was fine. I have sensitive, dry acne prone skin and this doesn't irritate or make me break out but I don't use as a face cream.
However if your coloring your hair at home rub this stuff on your face around hairline, backs of ears etc to prevent dye from staining it works fabulously.
Edit: 8/15/14 Still using this at night & usually I have commitment issues involving face products but not with this one. Mostly stuff works for a while but this is still going strong and doesn't strip my sensitive skin. Every once in a while I will use a baby wipe because its easier but I can never get everything off. This stuff melts my makeup right off. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts. I still recommend doing eye area separate because it will smear all over. Love this stuff but use clean hands or a utensil to scoop a little out you don't need a lot just enough to rub everywhere on face. I overlook the tub feature because it would be higher priced for a more sanitary container. Get some at Walmart or Dollar General for under $4.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No