Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream

4.3

Active Ingredients Mineral Oil; Water; Beeswax; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; Sodium Borate; Fragrance; Isopropyl Myristate; DMDM Hydantoin; Red 4

on 3/26/2015 12:03:00 PM

I've been using this as my nighttime cleanser for the past three weeks and I can't believe the difference in my skin in that short amount of time! It easily dissolves my makeup and wipes off well with a few passes of a warm wash cloth. My only complaint is the fragrance, but I've found that if I follow the cleansing with my normal moisturizer it seems to neutralize the fragrance. I now understand why this product has stood the test of time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is my new HG makeup remover. I like everything about this face cream ~ packaging, scent, color of cream, etc.

Before dipping into the jar, wash my hands well, then dip out a small amount and gently apply to my face. It feels so soft and smells faintly of roses. I cut up old towels to use to remove makeup. No need to ruin washcloths. After removing makeup with a warm cloth, my face feels and looks hydrated and soft. Love this stuff. I always cleanse with a gentle cleanser after removing makeup, but some people prefer using only Jargens Face Cream.

Another pro is using this as a moisturizer at night when I feel my skin needs a little extra boost of hydration. There is a slight waxy feel (beeswax is an ingredient), but it dissipates on my skin leaving it feeling smooth and soft. If I do use this as a moisturizer at night, the texture and scent has a cozy feel to it, if that makes sense. I haven't used it as a moisturizer in the morning before applying makeup, but will have to try it one day to see how well it works underneath makeup.

If a product works well for my skin, the design on the package is not an issue; however, do like the design on the jar. It hasn't been redesigned over the years, so one could say it looks vintage. The jar itself isn't tapered and narrowed at the top like Ponds Cold Cream, which makes it easier to scoop out to use.

If one is looking for an affordable (costs approximately $3.99 for a 15 oz jar) makeup remover/moisturizer, highly recommend Jargens All-Purpose Face Cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my holy grail moisturizer for after my 20% Glycolic acid peel treatments.
I love how soothing and moisturizing it is, and it has such a nice clean smell. I feel very glamorous using it, and it reminds me of those vintage make-up tutorials..I just love this stuff so much, and it has never broke me out either. And every other moisturizer I tried after the peel would just irritate my skin more and burn like fire, but this instantly soothed my skin, and after 3 days my skin is softer from using it too.
I don't use it everyday, but if I had dry or combination skin I would!
All around wonderful staple bathroom product in my opinion. This would be perfect for any type of burn, rash, etc...It's awesome and so cheap too!

on 12/21/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Benzoyl peroxide, while clearing up all my acne, has left me with dry patches around my mouth, along my jaw, and around my eyes and temples. I gave this a go after many glowing reviews, though I was very hesitant over the fact that the first main ingredient is mineral oil, which i avoid like the plague. To my delight, however, using this removed my dry patches in about 4 days, and I have no breakouts to report as of yet. will definitely keep this as a staple in my skin care routine.

on 12/8/2014 11:57:00 PM

I bought this on a whim. I was only able to use it only one time. This stung my face and turned it beet red within seconds. I could not get this off my face fast enough. To be fair I do have very reactive and sensitive skin. I passed this onto my twenty something daughter who was able to use it without any problems. I gather that she likes it b/c the jar is almost gone.

on 12/8/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This product is everything I thought I would never use on my face. I'm 54, super oily and prone to breakouts. I tried this mainly because of the reviews and the remover I was using (Clinique Take The Day Off Balm) blurred my vision no matter how carefully I used it. Anyway, I use the Jergens cream mainly to remove my mascara (the few times I wear it) and my SPF sunscreen/primer (almost impossible to wash off). When I apply this all over my face, I usually remove it with a warm wet washcloth or a basic wipe (like a baby wipe with no fragrance). I follow with Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser to remove all traces of the cream. This would probably be too harsh if you have dry or sensitive skin, but it really works for my oily skin. I then follow with a mild moisturizer like Cerave cream or plain Aveeno lotion for night. I've been using the Jergens for about six months with no adverse affects. I have never left it on my face overnight or used it as a moisturizer because I fear what might happen, but it works great as a basic cold cream to remove my makeup before I cleanse. I'm giving it only four lippies because I'm not crazy about the fragrance, but it won't stop me from repurchasing... if I ever make it through the huge jar! You get a lot of product for your money.

on 12/4/2014 9:42:00 PM

This is an excellent cold cream for the winter months. It's too heavy for my skin type in the summer when it's humid but once autumn arrives I add it to my regimen and keeps dry skin at bay perfectly and without breaking me out.

Typically I prefer cold creams that wash cleaner than this, that can be rinsed off without a washcloth if necessary, this is on the heavier side and excellent for skin that has patchy dryness like mind does in the winter. It takes off all your makeup and leaves your skin clean but well moisturized. You can even follow up with a foaming or acne cleanser and it will still leave your skin with a lot of moisture.

i have had the same tub for 2 years now as i don't use it every single night. this product is amazing and the price is very cheap. my skin can be very dry at times and whenever that happens i put some on my face before bed. by the next morning my skin is usually not dry (depending on how dry it was ) i only put it on before bed because it can make your face look super greasy. there is no scent and its very nice on my sensitive skin.

on 11/13/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This cream was too thick and smelled like Strong barf. I don't even think it moisturizes. It just leaves a layer of grease. It is not comfortable to have on.

on 10/20/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have only used this once and it was an hour ago so if nobody takes this review seriously I don't blame you. I have extremely dry skin that is very sensitive with eczema on my cheeks and dry patches on my cheeks, forehead, area around nose, etc. This is the only product I used besides Neutrogena cleansing wipes that kept my skin clear and radiant and completely free of dry patches (Highly recommend Neutrogena cleansing wipes to dry skin people). My mother is a 54 year old Korean woman who people think is in her late twenties, she recommended that i try this and my skin instantly glowed when I wiped this off. Will update if opinions change but right now I am amazed with this product for the price.
**UPDATE***
I've been using this for a few weeks now and this has been amazing on my skin. My skin has never been so soft and radiant. I get a dollop of this, then wipe off with neutrogena makeup remover wipes (cut into quarters to save money and waste less) without rinsing, just let It all soak in for a min or two and then put on moisturizer. my skin is more beautiful than it has ever been and I don't think I'll ever stop using this.