September 23, 2014 | 1394 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Tanarama

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this lippy, such a strong color for something so pale. I advise to probs just use it in the middle of lips, a Smooth application, Like the scent and the best bit is that it lasts all day even if I've had a drink/something to eat

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally really like this lipstick but of course there are some things you need to know about it first. The color is an obvious frosty beige shade with a little gold in it. If you apply too much it will look frosty white. So on that note you never really want to wear it on its own. Though if you have very pigmented lips it can look like a pretty light pink sheen with your natural red coming through. Next is the finish. I never really have a problem with frost finishes but with this particular shade it can be a little bit patchy to put on. I always pair this with a lipgloss so that makes it all blend together. I like using a brown lipgloss with this shade to create a nice nude lip. it really tones down the frosty effect. This lipstick provides a nice base. Don't let this shade scare you its really pretty when used correctly. Its a staple in my collection and a must for creating my favorite nude lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really horrible:( so glad i got it free as a back 2 mac, its gritty & doesnt blend well not for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by sm510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this color...i think its very pretty...as long as its not applied to heavy. great for layering over other lipsticks(i pair it with myth) or with a lipgloss over it. looks great with a brown or dark green smokey eye!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love Tanarama. Very unique. This is maybe the frostiest palest lipstick ever, so use a lipbrush and go slow. Do not use a dark liner or you will look ghetto. You may want to only use it in the middle, although I go all over. This is a very pretty color and really packs a punch.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Natalie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My go to summer lipstick! MAC Tanarama complements my skintone very nicely, as a start. The frosty, light gold color pairs very well with my usual makeup of dark, heavy black smokey eye, finishing my look without overpowering. Once blended onto your lips, the gold is subtle and a frosty shimmery look is exemplified. The staying power is lasting, as well its slight moisturizing properties this has left me. I am digging out the last bit on the bottom of the tube, and will definitely repurchase a new tube. I feel this color is unique only to MAC and hard to duplicate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

I am not a fan. I was told to use this along with a cork liner and string bean lusterglass. This lipstick looked really strange on my NC43 complexion and looked decent with the liner and gloss on top. There are too many fab colors to settle for decent, so back to the store it goes...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ToriDee888

AMAZING! This is HG! It looks like it is going to be gold, BUT, if you pair this with a nude lipliner it is a beautiful frosty nude color and it amazing!!! I will buy this lipstick over and over again! Pair it with some lustreglass and you have the perfect pairing to a smokey eye! I can not rave about this any more than I already am. It's amazing. I love this more than my creme d'nude! Well done! Def my favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by BaseballGirl

I just love this color! It looks scary in the tube, so I'm not sure why I bought it, but it is as close to HG for me as I've ever found. I have light skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. My natural lip color is too red for me. I love this because it tones down my lip color to a nice light pink, nothing too shiny or over the top. I can't just swipe it on, but if I dab it on with a very light hand it is gorgeous! Too much and it is a frosty gold mess. It's very close to a lipstick Mary Kay used to have many, many years ago used to tone down lipstick shades, that I loved. The staying power and smell are great too. I just wish this lipstick was a little more moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

This is not your novice lipstick. Anyone wearing this lipstick needs to be ok with venturing outside the box and wearing a color that will get noticed, but maybe not for the right reasons. I always layer my lipsticks with a gloss on top, and if that's what you're doing, then you'll be ok. However, one night I was in a rush and when I went to reapply I just reapplied the lipstick and not a gloss and I looked like I was having an 80's flashback! I'd recommend this lipstick for much fairer skin tones. It can be pretty but there's a fine line between pretty and tacky. Make sure your MAC MUA recommends a good gloss and liner to go with it for your skin tone.