August 30, 2014 | 965 users online

Pressed Powders - mark - Matte-Nificent oil absorbing powder in matte light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this powder, but it runs REALLY dark. i'm NW40 in MAC & 5.5 in the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation for color reference. i tried this in medium (too dark & orange), tried light/medium thinking it would be perfect (mind you in MAC powders, i'm medium/dark) & that was still too dark and leaned kind of orange! i finally just got this in light & it's PERFECT! it controls oil really well & lasts all day. keeps my face matte but doesn't look cakey, still looks natural. it's pricey $14 (compared to drugstore makeup) but it sure beats paying nearly $30 for some powder from MAC. the only downside is that it runs so dark, and anyone lighter than me won't be able to use this because it will be too dark for them.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by CristiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A nice pressed powder, but the included sponge applicator is worthless and the packaging is a little difficult. Use a brush to apply this powder and you'll get better results.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by zamaa

I have a very oily t-zone and this powder is awesome! It definitely absorbs oil and keeps you shine free for a long time. I like to keep my make-up regimen simple so I wash my face, put on some tinted moisturizer and then this powder. If you're needing full coverage, I suggest using foundation (or in my case tinted moisturizer) and then applying this powder. This is a very light, non-cakey powder that totally helps with shine and even if you touch up it doesn't look like piled on makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Lepotica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great pressed powder for oily skin. It works well at mattifying--I have very oily skin and only need a few touch-ups on hot days. I like to apply it with a kabuki brush and use the included sponge for touch-ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by beautymark317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Ivory Nude. I got it to replace my MAC NC20 Select Sheer powder. The price is $9, well worth it. It works very well but you MUST use a powder brush to apply this. Don't bother with the included application sponge, except maybe for touch ups on the go. I use a mark powder brush. They also have small travel size mini brushes. Besides the sponge, I love the product and it comes in a nice case that isn't too big and doesn't make a mess. Also has a large mirror which is nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by winnz

i think this was a pretty good powder.. however, i didnt like the sponge applicator it originally came in, so i went to sephora and bought myself a powder puff. i like how it can cover up the greasies without looking too cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by bex487

This is a great mattifying powder for under $10. I apply it with a powder brush to set my makeup in the mornings, and use the puff during the day for touch-ups. It's so much cheaper than MAC Blot, and I think it works just as well. The puff isn't the greatest in the world, but it does the job. I'll continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I love this powder :) This retails for US$8 for a 5g compact :) I came to respect mark a lot for this wonderful drugstore line with great products :) I am reviewing the shade "Matte Mid", which I presume is darker than "Matte Light" :) However, these 2 shades seems to be discontinued but there are 4 available shades on the product website :) The description on the website is "Absorb oil and leave skin even toned and shine free with this lightweight, translucent, pressed powder. Powder puff included. 0.18 oz. net wt." The description on the box is "This invisible powder gets rid of oil excess so all you see is matte." I also love the catchy line in the inside of the box "remark: there's a time to shine. this isn't it." This is oil-free and dermatologist tested :) For starters, this powder is a bit darker than my skin tone, but I am able to pass it off :) I think I can go one shade lighter though :) This can control oil, and I only have to blot once in one day :) This have good coverage like a foundation :) On days which I want to feel natural, I just put this on after tinted moisturizer and I am good to go :) However, the packaging is a bit bulky and may not be the most ideal for travelling :) Also, my hinge broke before I used it for long :) This don't bother me though, as I just leave this at home for use in the morning :) Also, other reviewers mentioned that the puff that is included is rather useless :) There are tears on the puff after several uses, and it is made worse after washing :) Personally, I just rotate and use other parts of the puff :) One puff should be enough to last you for one whole compact, if not using a brush is good too :) I will definately repurchase this little gem :)
Ingredients: TALC, NYLON-12, POLYETHYLENE, ZINC STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, CALCIUM SILICATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SILICA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL ALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL ,SQUALANE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, LAUROYL LYSINE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN
MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, MICA, YELLOW 5 LAKE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, YELLOW 6 LAKE

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by JessKitty

After searching for a powder that would control my oil, I found mark. Matte-nificent Oil Absorbing powder. This does a great job of keeping the greasies at bay. I have found that I do need to do a touch-up during the day with an oil-absorbing sheet, but that is fine with me. I was having to do 3-4 with other powders! The only negative thing about it was that it can look cakey if you apply too much, or if you apply more later in the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2006 10:12:00 AM More reviews by fab4gal

I bought the Mark Matte-Nificent Oil Absorbing Powder in Light a few weeks ago from my AVON rep...I needed something to replace the powder I had been using for quite a few years...up until this point I've been using ALmay's Oil Control, Oil Blotting Powder in Translucent but shock upon shock, it's been discontinued [I still have one unopened Almay Powder left but I'm holding onto it like it's gold and thankfully I stocked up on it right before it disappeared from the shelves a few years back]...anyhow, I have to say that I think the Matte-Nificent Powder is quite good...I was afraid that the Light shade would be too noticeable since I have always used a Translucent shade but I'm quite please with it and it seems to blend in very well...I paid $9.50 for it...it's not a very big compact but I feel that the price is reasonable when compared to some of the high end compacts of the same size that reach the $30 range...it does it's job too...I mainly only use it on my forehead because that's the only area that I use foundation and I don't need to cover up anything because I have good skin...I like to keep my forehead looking matte so that's where it comes into play...occasionally I'll dab some on my nose and sometimes on my chin...I haven't broken out [yet] so that's a good sign...I thought the Nylon in the ingredient listing might aggrivate my skin but so far, so good...I was going to try Estee Lauder's Double Matte Oil Control Pressed Powder [that's big bucks]...perhaps one day I'll try that...for now, this seems to be fine...but damn Almay for discontinuing their Oil Control Powder and replacing it with crap...Murphy's Law of cosmetics: If you like it, they'll discontinue it! I'd buy this again...