Tarte Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride

4.2

Propylene Glycol, Aqua, Nonyl Nonoxynol-150, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Laureth-23, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, PVP, Parfum/Fragrance (Natural). ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499),Carmine (CI 75470), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 40 (CI 16035), Yellow 5 (CI 19140, Blue 1 (CI 42090)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i love you tarte. i truly do! nothing like adding that all natural flush to my face :) i did bring it down a bit for price - although i am a believer in "you get what you pay for" so although i found the price to be a bit steep for this product, it's lasted me eons, and i get my wear out of it. i do find the packaging to be a bit messy, especially around the edges and sometimes it gets onto other things in my cheek bag (yes, sigh, i have a bag for cheek colors) - but the pros seriously outweigh the cons. the consistency, creaminess, color, and natural look of this product give it 5 lippies overall. (oh, and a side bar, i find this to work best when i use a creamy / liquid foundation!)

on 5/22/2015 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I loveee blushing beauty so much! It showed up on me even when some of the other tarte cheek stains like blissful, flush, tickled, don't. I supposes it's cos of the consistency, it's more of cream then gel. so when applied, it covers your skin rather than get absorbed by it. This blush gives me a cute blush that looks like between dolly and berry. I wouldn't say it's the most natural ever but I love how it shows up so perfect on my asian skin tone. click my pictures and you can see. btw I wear don't ever wear foundation so application glides on smoothly for me I just put it after my day cream :)

on 2/4/2015 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a new HG for me and I don't use that term lightly lol! I was browsing around sephora trying to find the perfect pink for me and my coloring. I'm pretty pale with neutral undertones leaning yellow. I didn't want a peachy pink (I'm sick to death of this color) and I didn't want a pink with a blue undertone as I don't find that color suits me. I swatched this and was kind of unsure because of all the shimmer and honestly I didn't know what to think of the frosty pink. I bought it anyway and I am so happy I did. It's gorgeous and I really can't describe the pink color. And there are hardly any pictures online. But once it's applied, the micro shimmer blends away and it melds seamlessly with your skin. It's so gorgeous and lasts literally all day. I will repurchase again and again.

I really like this product, in that it goes on very smoothly and is a very luminous and natural-looking color! It makes me look like I have a natural flush, as it blends well. I find using a sponge is easier than using my fingers.

on 10/23/2014 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Tarte! This is a great stain with no shimmer. This shows up on me NW20 for reference as a nice flush color. Like i stepped out into the cold. Very flattering color and easily applied to the cheeks with a brush.

It doesn't set asap like some stains so you have some time to blend it out. It looks natural and stays all day.

on 7/18/2014 11:25:00 AM

I really like this product, alot. I received it in a beauty box otherwise I probably would have never purchased it myself because of the cost ($30 for 0.5oz!). I am so, so happy I received it though (yeah to beauty boxes)! I find the Blushing Bride color looks creamy and not so stain-like in the tube, it's a pinky flush color when swatched on my skin. There is also slight shimmer to it in the tube, but that doesn't come through once applied, which is preferable for me.

Using a good quality stipple brush has made the application of this cheek stain easy and beautiful without disturbing my foundation underneath. I have very fair skin/blonde hair and this gives a lovely little glow. Compared to Posietint, I find this is much easier to apply, more natural blending, and lasts longer (with a setting powder) for similar finished colors on my face. Sorry Posietint, you are relegated to my lips only from now on!

I've found that with a good setting powder (I use MAC prep and prime) it lasts all day long with no loss of color and I have very oily skin. The push-up pop packaging works for me, no issues there.

My only teensy concerns are that I have to build the color up stronger than I think because the tiniest amount of blotting or setting powder seems to reduce the brighness of it noticeably (maybe it's drying quickly?). And the other issue is that I'd be too scared to travel with it based on the "it melts into a yucky mess" reviews.

Beware- contents can melt in case over time and spatter onto clothes/s and surfaces when opened. They don't call it 'stain' for nothing! This happened to four of mine - not just one. Contacted the company, but they would not support product or send replacement since products were 2-3 yrs old. Pretty shortsighted, IMO. I'm not buying these again, though I liked them a lot at first.

on 9/10/2013 7:50:00 AM

I first received this as a free sample. I never would have picked up this purple tube other wise. But when you apply Blushing Bride (neutral to cool toned), it isn't purple. It is a soft berry tone. This berry tone can skew to a soft pink hue if applied lightly or be applied more intensely for a full on berry tone. I can wear it with any of my cooler toned lipsticks (pinks, berries, purples, plums, fuschias, etc.) I am sure I could make this work with some warmer tones because as I mentioned, when I apply it lightly it comes off as almost a pink. BTW, the reason I think Blushing Bride is a perfect name for this, because this gives you that wedding night glow ;) I also love how these cheek stains can give you that inner glow. I would highly recommend these stains to those in the over 50 club. I think you will be impressed at the soft glow these provide.

FYI - I usually use Blushing Bride in the Fall/Winter months and then Tipsy (neutral to slightly warmer toned) in the Spring/Summer months. I am a NW20 with almost black hair & brown eyes.

APPLICATION TIP: As with most make up I apply (that isn't a powder) I have found a the Tarte Cheek Stains apply best with a moist sponge. I have a small spray bottle I keep with my make up (filled with filter water) that I spray gently onto my sponge to moisten it. If it is too wet, I will dab it on a tissue. Then I swipe across the Tarte Cheek Stain & dab on my cheeks going up along the cheek bone. This method gives me perfect, soft, even, flawless application every time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Eyes: Violet

I bought this because the color looked like it would be nice on me and I wanted to try this cheek stain stuff. For me, this was only so-so. When you first put the color on it looks a little heavy but you can blend it out and it will be okay. However, the color does not last all day. For me, the best way to wear this seems to be over a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. I can either built up to a little too dark and then use a power to "set" the color (and also take some of the color away) or just plan to re-apply later in the day. I do'nt know it's my oily skin or what but these only last about an hour or two on me and I cannot reapply after I have a foundation on. This might be good for the gym or somewhere you want just a little "something" but don't want to wear makeup to but was not for me - in general. Maybe perfect for new moms as well who won't have time for a beauty routine?

on 6/26/2012 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I'm really not understanding the hype on these cheek stains. I bought two of them - Blushing Bride, Full Blossom. First off, the packaging is bad. You have to push it up from the bottom, but there's no way to push it back down without getting it on your fingers and making an indentation in the stain. Also, the color from these lasts all of about 20 minutes on me, and then is faded to nothing. I tried layering and building and all I ended up with was a hot sticky mess. Even if I apply only a thin layer, it never dries completely. It always feel a little tacky and greasy on my cheeks. It does dry down some but not completely. And the fading color that literally dissapears completely after 20 minutes is just not acceptable. These are kind of scented but it's hard to tell. When first applied, the color is extremely vibrant and rich. Almost looks way too heavy. Then it fades and fades until there's nothing left. Just walking around my house in the airconditioning, both colors were completely gone from my cheeks after just a few minutes.

The other problem with these cheek stains is that they do NOT handle any kind of heat at ALL. I left one in my makeup bag, in my car for about 4 hours on a 70 degree day, and it was melted very badly. I opened the cap and sticky red liquid poured everywhere. I used a tissue to blot off all the liquid goo from the top. Then on another ocassion I left it in my car again, but this time for about 1 hour before I remembered it. I ran out and got it - same thing - melted everywhere. Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY THESE IN THE SUMMER TIME AND HAVE THEM SHIPPED TO YOU!!! They will be completely ruined by the time they arrive. Only mail order them in the winter! Ack, total waste.

I use Laura Mercier Creme' Smooth, or Bare Minerals powder foundation and either way, if you apply these over the foundation, they just smear and ball up your foundation, and the gel stick gets coated in a thick layer of foundation that you have to try to clean off.

The other thing - if you have sensitive/acne prone skin, these cheek stains are a bad bad deal. I have very mild acne and can handle a lot of different products on my face without any problem, but these broke my skin out horribly. Undoubtedly because of the thick layer of sticky jelly grease that suffocates your skin.

I love the Tarte clay blushes and wish I'd never bought these cheek stains.

Popular Blush Products