July 22, 2014 | 2353 users online

Blush - Tarte - Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product, alot. I received it in a beauty box otherwise I probably would have never purchased it myself because of the cost ($30 for 0.5oz!). I am so, so happy I received it though (yeah to beauty boxes)! I find the Blushing Bride color looks creamy and not so stain-like in the tube, it's a pinky flush color when swatched on my skin. There is also slight shimmer to it in the tube, but that doesn't come through once applied, which is preferable for me.

Using a good quality stipple brush has made the application of this cheek stain easy and beautiful without disturbing my foundation underneath. I have very fair skin/blonde hair and this gives a lovely little glow. Compared to Posietint, I find this is much easier to apply, more natural blending, and lasts longer (with a setting powder) for similar finished colors on my face. Sorry Posietint, you are relegated to my lips only from now on!

I've found that with a good setting powder (I use MAC prep and prime) it lasts all day long with no loss of color and I have very oily skin. The push-up pop packaging works for me, no issues there.

My only teensy concerns are that I have to build the color up stronger than I think because the tiniest amount of blotting or setting powder seems to reduce the brighness of it noticeably (maybe it's drying quickly?). And the other issue is that I'd be too scared to travel with it based on the "it melts into a yucky mess" reviews.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

While I liked this blush when I bought it, I don't think I would repurchase it today. The berry color is better for someone with cool undertones. I might try this again in a different shade. However, this blush is a bit pricey. And there are loads of wonderful blushers out there at a fraction of the price. Avon's Split Second Blush in Tropical Peach is gorgeous, and I got it on special for only $5.50. Tarte Cheek Stain also goes on a little sticky. I think part of the appeal of this blush is its novelty. How many blushers out there are shaped like a deodorant stick? In order for me to buy this again, the color would have to be spot on. If you're interested in purchasing this blush, I strongly suggest you try before you buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by shamrockquinn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beware- contents can melt in case over time and spatter onto clothes/s and surfaces when opened. They don't call it 'stain' for nothing! This happened to four of mine - not just one. Contacted the company, but they would not support product or send replacement since products were 2-3 yrs old. Pretty shortsighted, IMO. I'm not buying these again, though I liked them a lot at first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I first received this as a free sample. I never would have picked up this purple tube other wise. But when you apply Blushing Bride (neutral to cool toned), it isn't purple. It is a soft berry tone. This berry tone can skew to a soft pink hue if applied lightly or be applied more intensely for a full on berry tone. I can wear it with any of my cooler toned lipsticks (pinks, berries, purples, plums, fuschias, etc.) I am sure I could make this work with some warmer tones because as I mentioned, when I apply it lightly it comes off as almost a pink. BTW, the reason I think Blushing Bride is a perfect name for this, because this gives you that wedding night glow ;) I also love how these cheek stains can give you that inner glow. I would highly recommend these stains to those in the over 50 club. I think you will be impressed at the soft glow these provide.

FYI - I usually use Blushing Bride in the Fall/Winter months and then Tipsy (neutral to slightly warmer toned) in the Spring/Summer months. I am a NW20 with almost black hair & brown eyes.

APPLICATION TIP: As with most make up I apply (that isn't a powder) I have found a the Tarte Cheek Stains apply best with a moist sponge. I have a small spray bottle I keep with my make up (filled with filter water) that I spray gently onto my sponge to moisten it. If it is too wet, I will dab it on a tissue. Then I swipe across the Tarte Cheek Stain & dab on my cheeks going up along the cheek bone. This method gives me perfect, soft, even, flawless application every time.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by PixiewithSticks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I bought this because the color looked like it would be nice on me and I wanted to try this cheek stain stuff. For me, this was only so-so. When you first put the color on it looks a little heavy but you can blend it out and it will be okay. However, the color does not last all day. For me, the best way to wear this seems to be over a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. I can either built up to a little too dark and then use a power to "set" the color (and also take some of the color away) or just plan to re-apply later in the day. I do'nt know it's my oily skin or what but these only last about an hour or two on me and I cannot reapply after I have a foundation on. This might be good for the gym or somewhere you want just a little "something" but don't want to wear makeup to but was not for me - in general. Maybe perfect for new moms as well who won't have time for a beauty routine?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really not understanding the hype on these cheek stains. I bought two of them - Blushing Bride, Full Blossom. First off, the packaging is bad. You have to push it up from the bottom, but there's no way to push it back down without getting it on your fingers and making an indentation in the stain. Also, the color from these lasts all of about 20 minutes on me, and then is faded to nothing. I tried layering and building and all I ended up with was a hot sticky mess. Even if I apply only a thin layer, it never dries completely. It always feel a little tacky and greasy on my cheeks. It does dry down some but not completely. And the fading color that literally dissapears completely after 20 minutes is just not acceptable. These are kind of scented but it's hard to tell. When first applied, the color is extremely vibrant and rich. Almost looks way too heavy. Then it fades and fades until there's nothing left. Just walking around my house in the airconditioning, both colors were completely gone from my cheeks after just a few minutes.

The other problem with these cheek stains is that they do NOT handle any kind of heat at ALL. I left one in my makeup bag, in my car for about 4 hours on a 70 degree day, and it was melted very badly. I opened the cap and sticky red liquid poured everywhere. I used a tissue to blot off all the liquid goo from the top. Then on another ocassion I left it in my car again, but this time for about 1 hour before I remembered it. I ran out and got it - same thing - melted everywhere. Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY THESE IN THE SUMMER TIME AND HAVE THEM SHIPPED TO YOU!!! They will be completely ruined by the time they arrive. Only mail order them in the winter! Ack, total waste.

I use Laura Mercier Creme' Smooth, or Bare Minerals powder foundation and either way, if you apply these over the foundation, they just smear and ball up your foundation, and the gel stick gets coated in a thick layer of foundation that you have to try to clean off.

The other thing - if you have sensitive/acne prone skin, these cheek stains are a bad bad deal. I have very mild acne and can handle a lot of different products on my face without any problem, but these broke my skin out horribly. Undoubtedly because of the thick layer of sticky jelly grease that suffocates your skin.

I love the Tarte clay blushes and wish I'd never bought these cheek stains.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

You know when you have a good night with that special someone and you go look in the mirror afterwards and you are glowing and your cheeks are flushed and it is the sexiest thing ever?? Well, this is the closest thing I've found to that!! Enough said!, I wanted to hate this. I thought $30 is crazy expensive, and I'm not into the "natural" look. I want it to look like I'm wearing makeup! Needless to say, I was wary of this "natural looking" cheek stain. But, I am absolutely IN LOVE with this!!! This color is very close to how I naturally blush with a little bit more berry. You can't tell exactly WHAT have on, you can just tell that I have a beautiful, glowing flush. This product changed how I think about blush. I no longer want that obvious powdery blush look, I want it to look similar to when I finish..well you know haha. I'm trying Flush next, but I absolutely LOVE blushing bride. Even if you are not into cheek stains, TRY THIS you will fall in love.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by BadWaitress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Tarte's cheek stains. My skin is so dry that powder blushes never work for me: I always need to use a gel or cream or stain. Tarte's stains are better than the incredibly famous Benetint, which is impossible to blend and way too red, and also better than Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge, which doesn't last and tends to discolor after it's been on for a few hours. Tarte stains are sheer, blendable, and layerable if you want to build color, and when I take my make-up off at the end of the night, my blush is always still there.

My usual color is Natural Beauty, but it's the end of a long gray winter here and my skin is so pale that at the moment Natural Beauty doesn't really work with my coloring-it's a bit too ruddy, too dark. So I went to Sephora and tried a bunch of other colors, and Blushing Bride is my new favorite. Don't let the color of the tube or the color of the stain in its stick form scare you off! It's not purple at all. And it's not dark. Blushing Bride is actually a lot lighter than Natural Beauty.

And as long as I have your attention, let me say that the best way to apply these stains is with a foundation brush. You only need to swipe the brush across the stick of stain once to pick up enough color to do one cheek if you want a natural look. It's easy to add more

Update: Blushing Bride has been renamed. The new name is "Flush." The tube is now smaller, but the price has stayed the same, which pisses me off. The package is no longer a single color but a swirl.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by reneesonglover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh. I cannot explain in words how IN LOVE i am with this blush. It has amazing color, it's super blendable, super pigmented, and has the prettiest hint of color! Also, maybe this is just me, but it smells awesome too. Haha, i'm a weird girl. :P Anyway, overall, this blush is so good, you have to buy it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 7:00:00 AM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this plumish color blush, it's not too dark but it does have a deeper color then what I am used too. I just love these cheek stains from Tarte, another win with sucky packaging!