October 25, 2014 | 1753 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ThinMinti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to strip out a demi perm.hair dye that I got from Sally's because it was very dark and my ends were darker still. I washed with this every couple of days and it removed a lot of the color. Yes, my hair was dry as straw but it worked. Doesn't smell great but i prefer it to anything fruity. I also have a theory that when you have a pixie cut like mine, your hair can handle a more intense wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by msdixiemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product has been a constant product in my shower for 10+years. I use it faithfully once a week, and yes, I have thin, dry, color treated hair---- I use a lot of styling products and this gives me a weekly fresh start. And no, by using it only once a week, a don't see a massive stripping of color-- but I do notice fresh, soft, shiny hair. I just follow up with a good conditioner afterwards. My daughter has long, thick, super curly hair and swears by this amazing shampoo as well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have not tried really any other clarifying shampoos but I LOVE THIS CLARIFYING SHAMPOO! Someone below described it perfectly... it smells like old man cologne. And it lingers! But it's not the worst smell ever, and for how well the product works, I can deal with it. Also, the bottle is square and fits oddly in my shower caddy, but again, not that big of a deal.

I have semi-long, wavy, VERY thick brown hair. A couple of years ago I stopped using hair dye on my hair altogether due to having frizzy, overprocessed, just icky-looking hair. Since then I've made sure to shampoo only two or three times a week, and condition every day. My hair has improved in terms of "health" but I needed something to give it that extra kick.

You guys, the first time I used this, I let my hair air dry after my shower and, holy crap, it was so soft and light and bouncy. It was a little frizzy but my hair lacks a lot of moisture because I'm still searching for my HG conditioner. But overall, for the first time in YEARS, my hair felt absolutely divine!

I use it only once a week.

This product saved my hair from being desert-dry while looking like a disgusting greasy mess. Definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

BEST shampoo for removing residue and product build-up from your hair. I ordered mine from Walmart for under $5. Every time I use this shampoo - I notice an immediate difference in the texture, shine, and color of my hair. My typical mousey hair color looks bright and refined after using this 'poo, and my hair feels ten times softer.

The shampoo is clear, lightweight, lathers easily, and smells pleasant. You can almost feel this shampoo striping out buildup as you lather it up. Once you rinse it out, your hair will be squeaky clean! I find using this once a week to be the most beneficial. I think because this product is not over-drying, anyone can use it weekly with no problem!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by reileyjones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is actually amazing. I use it once a week to get rid of any product build up. After my hair dries, it is SO soft and feels very light (how it should). It makes styling my hair a lot easier and my shampoo and conditioner lather better. I get excited when I know it's coming time to use this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Kailyn93

Love love love this product! I have dark brown, oily, thick, wavy/frizzy hair and I have literally tried everything on the market to moisturize my hair but also keep it from looking oily a few hours after it is washed and styled and I finally found it. I have already gone through two bottles. It says to only use it once a week but I am definitely guilty of using it every two days. It made me hate my regular shampoo, that's how awesome my hair feels. I pair it with Herbal Essence "Long Term Relationship" conditioner and I will never switch again! The only thing I'm not super crazy about is the smell, it's not horrible but reminds me of old man cologne lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by aberg1991

I'm really loving this shampoo. I use it once a week to clarify and de-gunk and it works beautifully. Be warned though, after you rinse this out, your hair feels like it's been stripped of all things good and happy in the world. Seriously, it's painful to your soul to touch your hair it feels so bad. As far as I'm concerned though, that's the point of this product and that's why you don't use it every single day. So I'm not taking any lippies off just because it's doing it's job. I follow up with Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Moist (LOVE that stuff), and my hair feels AH-mazing. The first time I used this my scalp and hair was literally tingling from how clean and free it was after I got out of the shower. To be clear, I'm not someone who uses a ton of product, I actually rarely use any at all, but I feel like I get quite a bit of build up on my scalp which is why I use this. I also don't consider myself to have greasy hair either. Pretty normal hair, but it's thick and I have a lot of it. I also do 'hair day' every other day, I DO NOT wash every day, and when its clarifying night I can go three days if I'm feeling like I don't need to wash after two. If you are someone who is sensitive to smell, be aware that this has what I consider to be the "traditional" Neutrogena smell. My significant other loves the smell, I'm not terribly fond of it, but it's something I can get past. This is definitely a product you will find in my general beauty routine for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by pandasteaks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this shampoo to clarify once a week since I was about 12 years old. Perfect once a week, perfect for after the beach, perfect for de-gunking your done up hair after an event. I even turned my husband onto it! This is the only shampoo my husband uses.

Fresh scent, seriously clarifies, leaves your hair feeling squeaky clean and shiny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

WARNING: USE WITH CARE!

For colored or sensitive or dry/damaged or curly hair...this product is NOT a must-have for everyone like people are saying!! It contains both Sodium Laureth Sulphate and a very high content of salt, which together are very drying to hair and scalp.

Its mostly sodium laureth sulphate....and salt! Yes, regular shampoo and regular table salt, crucially without the silicones that causes buildup. The Neutrogena brand is expensive for such a tiny bottle, so if you have a regular silicone-free shampoo (avoid the ones that say "smoothing", or "moisturising") you could dissolve some salt in hot water in a bowl mix in a little shampoo and take it to your shower for the occasional deep cleanse if you wanted to save $$$ instead of purchasing this product.

One good thing is its simple ingredient list, however since it is sodium laureth sulphate and salt this does not mean it automatically is safe for sensitive scalps. I personally found it harsh and irritating to my scalp, giving me dryness, dandruff and severe itching.

Because of the salt, and SLS, people with colored hair should not use this unless they actually WANT to strip out their color as fast as possible. How I got this was my hair dresser recommended this as her go-to for quickly fading too bright hair colors. (I did a box dye and went to her for help). She warned me if would be harsh on my scalp and to discontinue after a few weeks as my long hair would get too damaged with regular use. She said the salt in it is very drying to hair and skin...so this is not suitable for most unless your hair is virgin and short, and non-sensitive.

Well, I found her recommendations to be spot on. After a week my color had faded significantly, and, I had dry hair, an itchy dry scalp and dandruff. Since I no longer needed to strip any more color I thankfully went back to my regular SLS free shampoo.

Removes styling buildup as it says, but I've found any regular shampoo without silicones does that for me anyway, so this shampoo is pointless for any purpose other than stripping a bad dye job.

Also, people with curls often find their curls respond badly to any product containing salt, even ones with much less salt than this shampoo (its very concentrated compared to most). So if you are someone who takes pride in their curls you may want to watch carefully how this goes with your particular hair. I found it made my curls a frizzy mess so it didn't work for me.

If I ever want to strip color again I'll try a regular SLS silicone-free shampoo and just add a little salt as this is expensive and I don't want to be left with the remainder of another bottle I can't use (I actually used it up on hand washing garments in the end).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Makeupalley.

Thank you.

I should have tried out this product earlier. I should have went with my instinct when I first saw the reviews for clarifying shampoos here few years back. But no, it's taken me 24 years to discover the answer to all my scalp/hair problems.

If you have dandruff, greasy scalp, oily scalp, dry/fried ends, limp hair, hair that lacks volume, softness, shine or is looking dull, if you have hormonal issues, bad hair genetics, overstyle your hair, load on all the products imaginable during the work week,

go out and purchase this.

Stop reading the reviews and just go.

Now.