August 21, 2014 | 1858 users online

Conditioner - Alterna - Caviar Age Protectant Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by fayeleah7

I got this in gratis where I work, not knowing how insanely expensive this is. I have been using it on my 5 year old daughter's and my own hair. For reference, I have waist length highlighted thick wavy hair and my daughter has long thick super straight hair. Never have iused a conditioner that felt this "thin" and have hair this moisterized. I didn't have to use a detangler in her hair or mine. It was amazing! then it happened.......I started getting break outs all over my scalp and back..NOT litte ones. My scalp was flaking all over and was super itchy! To the point I couldn't concentrate because I was itching sooooooo much. All in all, my hair and my little's hair looked and felt amazing but, it wasn't worth all that. I have tried many things and have never had such a bad reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by notan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Blonde Brightening Color Care Conditioner. This is worth the price. It makes my normally frizzy hair shiny and my highlights look amazing with it. I use it every time I am going to blow my hair straight. You don't need a lot, just a little, work it through, leave it on for a few minutes, and then I use the caviar serum before blowing dry. My hair looks amazing with these products and I find I can get a full three days out of a blow dry when I use it with the shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this conditioner. I have long colored hair, normal-oily roots, dryish ends, and a mixture of fine and medium hair that tends to get weighed down very easily. Along with the shampoo, they make my hair soft, shiny, weightless, supremely manageable and super healthy looking. I just can't stop touching my hair, it's so soft and bouncy. I do find it to be on the more expensive side but just using it once or twice a week makes a such a world of difference to how my hair behaves throughout the week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*My hair: Chemically treated and styled, thinning- thank gosh though I have a thick hair folicle otherwise I would be bald now, dry and frizzy when not styled*

I love love love this conditioner because this stuff gives me serious shine, we are talking sparkle here- which is rare for me.
Does not weigh my hair down and offers bounce.
Love it, but very pricey.
I follow with Redken's Fabricate 03.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very coarse, straight hair that gets dry at the ends. This does a nice job- I just treat the ends right before toweling. Nice marine-type scent. Love the package- sits on its cap and doesn't need to be screwed closed. Very clever and convenient for my lazy morning self.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by ilovemysammy18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just like the shampoo, this conditioner stinks and does not moisturize my hair at all. will not purchase or use again, nor would i recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by audmac

I am reviewing Alterna Caviar Anti Aging Seasilk Moisture Conditioner, which I am not sure is the same product listed here. As I said in my review of the shampoo I am not sure why I spent over $30 on this conditioner- its been so long I forgot- maybe I tried a sample and liked it- I dont know. But anyways I am NOT impressed by this and wont be buying it again. It may have softened my hair a little but it was still pretty frizzy. I prefer BedHead Superstar Conditioner which leaves my hair soft and frizz free.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by SnapesLove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice conditioner but Pantene's Beautiful Lengths does just as good of a job without the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

This is definitely one of the best products that I have tried. Between this and Pureology-Nanoworks, this is a better product because it does not weigh my hair down. Although it is expensive, It is much cheaper than Pureology too. I use this with the shampoo and it does a great job in detangling my hair. I used to have a rebelling set of hair but my hair is now silky and tamed because of this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of Alterna Caviar Moisture Conditioner with a recent skinstore.com order. It seemed to work well at conditioning my fine hair without weighing it down after the single use the sample provided, but it has a lot of silicones and polyquaterniums that I suspect would build up on my fine hair with repeated use. This product has the longest ingredient list I've ever seen for a conditioner, and it seems unnecessarily long. This conditioner is also super pricey, so I'm rather relieved that I don't love it!
Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Fennel Seed Extract, Carrageenan Extract, Hydrolyzed Algae Extract, Algae Extract, Caviar Extract, Linseed Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Sunflower Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Superoxide Dismutase, Lactoferrin, Carrot Root Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Phospholipids, Corn Oligosaccharides, Copper Lysl Oxidase, Acetyl Methionine, Acetyl Serine, Amino Acyl tRNA Synthetase, Phytosphingosine, Mushroom Tyrosinase, Lentinus Edodes Tyrosinase, Soybean Seed Peroxidase, Peptone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Soybean Symbiosome Lysate, Pikea Robusta Extract, Adenosine Triphosphate, Niacinamide Polypeptide, Ascorbic Acid Polypeptide, Pantothenic Acid Polypeptide, Papain, Bromelain, Melanin, Melanin Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propoyl Silanetriol, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Jojoba Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Glycereth-26, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Polyquaternium-37, Polyquaternium-10, Amodimethicone, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Laureth-9, Trideceth-12, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Linalool, Limonene. continued >>