Jason Natural Cosmetics Apricot Deodorant

2.3

Not tested on animals

on 3/24/2015 12:46:00 PM

Please don't buy this product. It does prevent odour I suppose, the feeling of it on my skin is a bit of an uncomfortable sensation and that's okay. But it gave me a horrific rash that lasted ages and ages. I thought it might have been a reaction exclusive to me, but a friend of mine tried it too, with the same reaction. A skin peeling, red and scaly excruciating, burning rash under my arms that lasted heaps of time. It's very difficult to heal this type of rash. Maybe it was a coincidence, but if you do use this deodorant which I strongly discourage, make sure you don't apply it to wet skin, exfoliated skin, skin that's the slightest bit irritated, skin that you've rubbed even the littlest bit with a towel... Please do yourself a favour and don't buy this, it is not worth the pain.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I do really like this product it has the best smell ever and it's all natural to so i think is a great product and I recommend buying it

on 3/13/2014 9:27:00 PM

I really liked the smell of this product. I grabbed a stick to put in my locker at work for reapplication since I can work up quite a sweat at my job. Well I tried it out before a workout and it was honestly the only new product I had on and immediately after my workout my pits were swollen and red. Throughout the night became super itchy and inflamed even after a shower. I must have reacted really badly to an ingredient in this. Not sure what it was because I use the body wash and love it. Oh well, guess I'll keep buying LaVanilla even though it's a little expensive. Hope this helps.

on 4/18/2013 3:07:00 PM

This is what I get for not reading reviews before purchasing this. I'm all for natural deoderants, and I realize they will not work like 'regular' ones for controlling odor or wetness, but COME ON. This deoderant does nothing, nada, zip, zilch. It's very wet and applies heavily. My 'pits have thick white blotches that I normally have to blot away before I get dressed. And for what? Doesn't do ANYTHING. I'm smelly within an hour of wearing it, I might as well not even wear anything.

This product gave me a nasty rash on my underarm area. I think it was because of the baking soda, but can't be sure.

on 2/16/2013 6:25:00 PM

The reviews on this product are quite old and I'm surprised to see so many good ones. The scent is great, I like the generous packaging, there's quite a lot of product in one tube compared to standard deodorants. But it sucks! The application and texture is the main issue, it feels like I am smearing lip balm on my underarms. It's sticky and waxy, never gets absorbed and its just uncomfortable.
One of the things I started doing was sprinkling a bit of baby powder on top of the deodorant on my skin because it was so sticky.

It's not effective for very long. It feels like it's moisturizing my underarms instead of protecting it against odor.

on 10/17/2011 5:59:00 PM

I love this deodorant! I've been using it for years now. Love the scent and it works!
When you exercise and sweat, smell does come through but not like with some of the other natural deodorants.
Since this is aluminum-free and not tested on animals and it works and smells so good, I'll always keep using it. I rotate it with Weleda spray deodorant and it works great.

on 6/11/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've recently been shopping around for new deodorants as I have taken a stance against anything that is tested on animals. The Jason deodorant, so far, is the best one I have tried. It is not an anti-perspirant so, as expected, I still sweat. I wore it to the gym today for the first time and was quite happy with the results. After doing 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights, I came home and smelled my underarms and they were passable. Not amazing, but not putrid either. I like that it is aluminum free and that it's all natural.
I have to point out that I am a rather heavy sweater so I am pretty impressed with this product.

on 10/11/2010 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

this is my hg deodorant!love it!goes well with apricot,st ives cleanser.love the smell of that deodorant!it's natural!no aluminium .perfect for summer!t protects you,smells like apricot!

Yes, its true that this deodorant doesn't work like all the other deodorants out there: you still sweat. I don't know why people are so shocked by this because it is a NATURAL deodorant and natural deodorants don't contain the harsh products that block your sweat glands (and lead to cancer....). Personally, I didn't mind this product. It smells really good (a light apricot scent) and it does the job its supposed to do. I wear this on days when I know I won't be working out that much (so less odor). If you're one of those people that sweat a lot and really need full coverage, this deodorant is NOT for you. It works for people who are freaked out about aluminum in their deodorant and want a lighter alternative to most deodorants.

on 7/3/2009 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I break out in a painful skin cracking rash with standard deodorants so I made the switch to JASON.
The aloe vera one is slightly better at controlling odour but I find that the longer I use natural deodorants, the less I smell.
So while I used to need the aloe vera one to conrrol odour I can now use the apricot one, which is good because it smells amazing!
So all the people out there who gave up, don't! I promise the longer you use it, the better it works!

Top Rated Jason Natural Cosmetics Products