October 25, 2014 | 1718 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Les Vernis Nail Colour Pirate #08

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Mathildish

This colour is so gorgeous! It goes on kinda redish pink on the first coat, but after the second coat it is a perfect deep red! I had a hard time chosing the perfect red from all of Chanels beautiful reds, but this one is great for my scandinavian look. Absolutely recommending it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never wear red polish. Well, not never, but pretty close. I think maybe once a year I decide to wear it on my toes. I have a few red polishes but they usually just sit in a drawer and take up space. I like the classic, pin-up red color that's sexy but timeless. Not too vampy or deep. No shimmer or unnecessary extras. This is perfect. Just a clean, smooth creme finish in a red you can't go wrong with. It looks beautiful on my very pale skin and makes me feel like a bombshell. Great formulation too. Goes on evenly without streaking and is fully opaque after two coats. Not too thick or too thin so it's easy to apply without making a mess.

I don't know why it took me so long to find this color but now that I have it I'll be wearing red a lot more often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love chanel polishes and this one is much more shiny than Dragon but very close in shade. I keep reaching for this as opposed to Dragon. It's definitely my go to true red with a blue base, very classic.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love red nail polishes and at least twice a season, I wear an in-your-face red. This certainly fits the bill. It is classic red and has a cooler-leaning undertone that makes it flattering on a range of skin colours. I consider this more of a jelly, and I did find that application was a little uneven. However, it was still fairly easy to use. I found that it took 3 coats to reach the same depth of colour as the bottle. I have said I won't repurchase bc this is a standard neutral red and while I love the idea of a classic Chanel red, I'm sure I can find a dupe in a less expensive, but still good quality, brand. Shine and wear time are both very good on me. I use butter London nail foundation as base, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dry as top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by dbfivegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product. It's such a gorgeous, classic red. I was going to order Chanel 'Rouge Fatal' online but was in a department store yesterday and picked this up after seeing the colour of Rouge Fatal in person. Am so so glad I didn't order Rouge Fatal and picked this instead. Rouge Fatal is a tomato-like colour where as this is much more berry in tone. Applies beautifully, quick drying. Love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Nosferatia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the best colour in the existance of nail polish. This is the perfect red for the classic half-moon red nail. It is vampy without looking tacky. Two coats are more than enough. xo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have no idea why I was shocked when these Chanel polishes turned out to be better than OPI's and all other "mid-range" polishes. I guess sometimes I just assume that designer beauty products are pulling a fast one? I don't know. But not the case here.. this stuff is the real deal, in every way. Lasts a solid week with minimal wear, the application is impeccable, the brush is SO precise and the color payoff is shocking; I actually shake my head after doing every nail. Looking forward to buying more.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The perfect red jelly. This is not so vampy or in your face that you can't wear it to work. Bridget Bardot classic. I like it with two coats. Three gets a bit too sultry for me. Wore fairly well too. Would rebuy.

Thanks Chanel for reissuing! Now if you could bring back some moar old nommy colors, we might become nail besties.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by babysbreath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The good: Pirate is beautiful. The formula is as smooth as silk and easy to work with. Three coats provide the best opaqueness with the result being a truly beautiful and richly pigmented classic red.
The bad? This is one of the most chip-prone polishes I have ever worn. I'm so sad, because the color is so beautiful, however it barely lasts 2 days before it looks horrible and needs to be removed. I use Seche Vite as my topcoat, so I may experiment with different topcoats to see if I can get more than 48-hours of wear before classy turns to trashy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand how anybody can expect this one to be a brownish red from looking at the bottle. I expected an intense, blue based red creme, and that's exactly what I got on the nail. As always with Chanel, application was fast and easy, and I could have stopped at one coat and got a bright, clear fuchsia, had I wanted to. I applied three coats though and got the color it has in the bottle. Coming to think of it, it's rather strange that Chanel haven't had this color in their range before. It is a standard blue based red, close to many other true reds. It's very beautiful, but if you have about 25 reds in your collection, you probably already own a color like this.