October 31, 2014 | 1577 users online

Palettes - By Terry - Compact with powder refill

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2004 5:29:00 AM More reviews by CarolineSwing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also have the pressed powder Jewel Case. What decadence! A super shinny silver compact with a mirror. Like all the Jewel compacts it comes with a purple velvet drawstring bag (so it won't get scratched I guess). I was able to get mine on sale from eLuxury.com. Mine was a Valentine special where you got the compact and a pink powder that said "LOVE" or "KISS" or a third thing I can't remember. I lucked out and got this for around $50, because it retailed for $144!

The funny thing is my favorite part of the whole set is a wonderful little silver "toothpick". It is for popping the pan out of the compact through a tiny hole in the back. This is soooooo useful! I use it to pop Chantecaille and Stila e/s out of their palettes, Shu e/s out of their little plastic compacts and other things!

This compact doesn't fit any other pans from other brands (I haven't found any, but I'm looking). Since it does have a magnet you could put other brands products in it.

There are 6 of the Jewel items that I have ever seen: Pressed Powder, Loose Powder, Blush, e/s, lipstick and the cutest little lipgloss case. All are terribly over priced, but sometimes eLuxury.com has sales and you can get great prices for these awesome little compacts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2003 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ldylushess

I got the eyeshadow jewel case instead of the blush , and was told they were the same size. It is a beautiful silver case, very small, and very heavy!! I got it on sale for $40 and you have to buy the eyeshadow separately. It has By terry on the lid and comes with a pick to pop the old refill out and a cute velvety purple bag to keep it in! It is very frivolous but if you are willing to spend on something that is so sophisticated, it is so worth it!