November 22, 2014 | 1698 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - Extra Care Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF30+ (new formula)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by AmandaJak222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this with an other product of Paula, both crap! A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT!!

Love from Paris

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE
Although this sunscreen is a lotions it really does not feel greasy nor does it feel too thick. It has broad spectrum properties and does not leave a white cast.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

As far as a chemical sunscreen goes, this is a pretty decent formula with some nice ingredients. Unfortunately, I was hoping for an emollient face cream with SPF and this was not it. All of Paula's moisturizer formulas, although stated for "extra dry skin" , are relatively matte on me, and I need another moisturizer to go with it . That being said, this is a chemical based sunscreen that does sting the sensitive and it does have a white cast. Overall, a fail for me because I wanted a 2 in one product to save a step, this is just a nice SPF that still needs more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by PsycSara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really liking this SS. I use Retin-A and Clindoxyl gel so my skin is dry. This is moisturizing and doesn't sting. I wish PC had the same formula but with a higher SPF. I notice redness the next day if I forget to reapply. No whiteness left behind and MU goes on easy over top. Will DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

This is a wonderful physical sunscreen for the body. The texture is definitely more like a creamy body lotion, so if you're looking for a "dry" finish sunscreen you might try one of the Extra Care Non-Greasy sunscreens. I don't use this on my face because it's pretty emollient, but I love it for my body. It's really gentle and doesn't feel sticky at all. I haven't tried it in the water but I can say that it holds up to sweat pretty darn well.

I strongly prefer physical/mineral sunscreens to "chemical" sunscreens for their gentleness and effectiveness—I'm very pale so I burn easily and I don't get that white cast that some people complain of.

All in all, this is yet another PC product that I've absolutely fallen in love with.

As an aside, I would highly recommend calling their customer service for a recommendation if you're in the market for spf for the face or body, because finding the right formulation can be tricky. They carry a wide range of sun protection products and the little geniuses who work there are SO helpful and kind—they never rush you through your questions or try to upsell you.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cleeoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this product! What a disappointment! I purchased this because of the non-greasy claim. My face looked like an oil slick after applying this product. Foundation did not go on well after the application. I will stick with Clinique City Block.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

I guess I'll write the first good review for this product. My go-to sunscreen is Paula's original non-greasy sunscreen, but I was interested in trying something with a higher SPF and a more state of the art formula. The Essential Non-Greasy sunscreen is getting to be a bit dated and probably wouldn't receive a Paula's Pick rating if it wasn't her product. Anyway, I found the texture to be somewhat thicker and the finish a bit more matte than the Essential Non-Greasy. I would recommend the Skin Balancing sunscreen to those who are really oily. This one is more for the moderately oily crowd. To my nose it doesn't have much of a smell. I did not experience any breakouts or irritation from it. My one complaint is the screw off lid. This is a huge pain because the product leaks out if you lay it down while applying it. A flip top lid would be so much more convenient, and indeed, the Essential Non-Greasy sunscreen has a flip top lid. Otherwise I thought this was a decent sunscreen, but based upon the prior reviews, I'd recommend getting a sample before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by cecilian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a fan of this one...though I do understand the complaints. It definitely is "dewier" -- though I am dry, so I appreciate that. But, honnestly ladies, considering what you get in this sunscreen (zinc (this is critical. The other oxi...ate and avbenzone etc) irritate your skin over the long haul), antioxidants, and day-long moisturising)....the benifits far outweight the minor annoyances (pilling (can be brushed off) and dewiness. This is my winter standby -- in summer I switch to Anthelios 60.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great sunscreen moisturizer but for someone with dry skin. I have combination skin and it is a bit too greasy for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin, so maybe thats why I haven't really noticed the 'greasy'. I get more of a 'dewy' effect with this, but it doesn't make me oily or shiny throughout the day. I just add my foundation over it and powder like usual and I'm good to go. I love that this is a gentle sunscreen, a lot of them are horrible on my face!! It also sinks right into my skin, and spreads easily with no pilling or cakeyness. I also use Dove spf 15 moisturizer, which is quite good, but this PC sunscreen is by far the best I've tried. Perfect for dry skin, imho.