April 24, 2014 | 978 users online

Cleansers - Jane Iredale - Magic Mitt

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by cah123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is brilliant, I'm so glad I bought it! I have been looking for something natural but that removes make-up well. It's much better than a cleansing balm and cloth because the mitt is antibacterial; it has threads that, when dry, kill bacteria. It removes every scrap of make-up, even mascara, you just need a bit of toner. I haven't experienced any new breakouts as a result of using this but at the same time, it's not meant to treat acne. To use, I run the mitt under warm water, squeeze any excess then just gently wipe my face. You can rinse the make-up out with any kind of soap as it comes off easily and then just allow to dry naturally. I sometimes interchange this with a cream/hot cloth cleanser if I need a deeper clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by yazmin77

I like the fact that you can use a mitt to remove makeup without a cleanser! great if you want to limit what you put on your face, however after using the mitt, I used a toner to remove any residue and I still had dirt on my skin?! even though I weAr very little makeup?! I don't even wear foundation?!
it leaves the skin smooth and clean but I don't think it completely removes makeup!!
I follow up with alpha h's gentle exfoliant.
To be fair I don't think it does a very good job and you can probably just a cheap microfibre cloth to do the same thing!
will continue to use!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sparkle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would have given this 5 stars if it would have taken my mascara off, but it didn't. I wear Eyeko Black Magic mascara and it's inky black stuff so I figured that I would have to use regular eye makeup remover to get that off. Having said that, I really like the Magic Mitt not just for doing an excellent job of cleaning my makeup off with just warm water but also for exfoliating my skin. I found it to be quite gentle on my skin with no after effects at all. I will definitely repurchase when the need arises.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by ekat12

Love this magic mitt! It takes off all your makeup, while being gentle. You don't even need cleanser, just water!

You can wash this as well.

I definitely recommend this product, especially perfect when traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by dxwl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am a guy and really like using this. I work outdoors in all weathers and use a physical sunblock everyday. This removes all of the sunblock really well without irritating my face. For the record my skin is oily, acne prone and sensitive and this is the gentlest way of cleansing I have ever found. I use retin a in the evening and try not to overstimulate my skin with harsh products; this is ideal.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Damroka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, it's ridiculously expensive. But it does do what it says it does. Unfortunately, it is also abrasive—it doesn't FEEL abrasive, but it nevertheless exfoliates. I have super reactive, sensitive skin, and it is too rough for my face (dries out my cheeks, makes them a little rough). However, I still use it to take off the bulk of my eye makeup (mostly I use just Dr. Hauschka mascara & a bit of highlighter at the brow bone—so it's not much) and I think this is a gentler way of doing that than using cotton balls & remover.... Glad I purchased & will do so again, if only eye make up removal.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by shetem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical on this product but I bought it anyway. Wow! I am impressed. I removed all my makeup including my mascara with my problems. The next day I did the same thing with a regular wash cloth and my mascara and eyeliner were not coming off. I rubbed and rubbed and nothing. So I do believe the magic mitt does work. It feels good on my skin and my skin doesn't dry out or get irritated.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by mayla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This mitt truly is magic! I wish I discovered it years ago before I wasted hundreds of euro trying to find a decent cleanser/makeup remover. I know it sounds unbelieveable, but all you need is warm water and the mitt removes EVERYTHING! I always swipe rosewater over my skin after to remove any final traces of makeup but really, I don't need to. I find it best to clean it with a plain bar soap so it's super cheap to maintain too! Mine lasts about 6 months using twice daily so at 20 for the mitt, it is really good value for money. Plus I love the fact that I'm not using any nasty chemicals or detergents on my skin anymore, just plain water. So happy to have discovered this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by boardrchica2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first time this was demonstrated for me at a training at work, I had to buy it. It removed ALL makeup without using any cleanser at all. The trainer said to wash it with bar soap to get any makeup residue off it. Since bar soap is so awful for your body, I never buy it or have it in the house. I tried washing it with other cleansers and it doesn't get very clean. That would be the only downside to the mitt.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by alesija

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

It does not remove make up. It looks like it does, but if you take a bit of oil on your cotton ball and swipe your face you will see all the grease is still there. This mitt made my skin break out after a few days of use. I had to throw it away.