Cover Girl Professional Natural Lash Mascara

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Alcohol Denatured, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Glycerin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not bad for the price, I use this for my brows but the packaging is the main problem. My lid cracked and also it's impossible to get all the product out. It also left my brows slightly goopy...

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

CoverGirl Professional Natural Lash Mascara in 800 Clear was a good product for the $2 I paid for it. I wore another brand (Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara in Clear) & got this one since I'm into the no-makeup looks right now. I wear this on days I want to look natural, but not bare. I don't wear it with any other product as I don't want black color from another mascara getting onto the wand & into the tube. Even though this is transparent, it did clump & appear white on my lashes when I tried to build it up. It sat heavy on my lashes until it dried, which took a few minutes. There wasn't any flaking or residue left afterwards.

The reason I somewhat dislike this mascara is because I want a change I can see. It's a little too subtle for my liking & I'd like to be able to wear it without the use of a curler. I have naturally long eyelashes that are straight & don't hold much of a curl. I depend on mascara to curl them as much as possible & this just didn't do that for me like the one I used before did. It separates, defines, & lengthens… barely. I do like Maybelline Great Lash more than this one, but I don't consider this to be a bad product.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Cool, I had used this since High school and till this day use it for my eye brows and tame baby hair in my styles for hair , little for lashes for no mascara days .

on 12/14/2014 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Doesn't do much aside from making your lashes look wet, makes only an ok brow gel.

on 5/25/2014 6:22:00 PM

PERFECT for setting brows. This is so much cheaper than the other $30+ products for setting brows. Just a simple clear mascara from the drugstore.

Although it can make my eyebrows look wet/shiny, if I gently comb through my brows once when they're dry that problem goes away.

on 7/17/2013 9:48:00 PM

The absolute best thing for my brows! I've tried every other product from MAC to Urban Decay. This stuff keeps my brows in place, doesn't look unnatural and doesn't leave them too hard or sticky. I've used this on curled lashes as well and while I wasn't mad that I tried it, I probably wouldn't do it again. It took to long to dry and my lashes just didn't look that great. I would definitely repurchase this for my brows though. It's an absolute staple.

on 6/11/2013 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have been using this mascara for about 10 years now, solely as a brow gel, and it always works great! It always holds my brows in place. Another reviewer noted that when also used for her brows, the mascara dried up during the day and it got flaky, but I have never experienced that in my decade-long use of this product. It is inexpensive and will always be a staple product for me.

Addition: My usual routine is lightly shading in any sparse areas using a brow pencil (NYC brow/eye liner, another cheap buy!) then applying the clear mascara. Eventually, I do start to notice that the brush and the mascara in the bottle itself gets darker and darker from some transference over a few weeks, but the transference is very minimal, and I find that it actually helps to blend the pencil better if anything and make it look more natural. This mascara actually does help to set the pencil color in my brows and keep the hairs in place. I don't ever have to reapply the pencil or mascara throughout the day, even if it's hot and humid out, unless I'm sleeping in which case the product may wear off.

on 4/20/2013 11:02:00 AM

This mascara is 100% my HG necessity.

This clear mascara is the reason I never have smudges of eyeliner, eyeshadow, or mascara under my eyes, and why all my friends wonder why my eye makeup never moves. After applying my eyeliner, black eyeshadow, and mascara on my bottom waterline and lashes, I apply THIS mascara underneath my lashes (when my black mascara has completely dried). And overtop of my bottom eyeliner/eyeshadow combo. That's it. The best, cheapest, and most convenient eye sealant I've ever used. Perfect eye makeup all day, no more panda eyes, raccoon liner, or any other animal makeup mishaps, ever.

on 3/31/2013 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this as both a brow gel and a mascara. As a mascara, it is average, doesn't really do much and it feels really wet and icky on my face. As a brow gel, for the first half of the day it really holds my brows in place, and once it completely dries, it turns gray and flakey- noticeably gray and flakey. I was wearing it one day, and my friend turned to me and said, "Woah, why are your eyebrows all gray? Are you getting gray hairs in your brows?!" and then I threw it out.

on 3/10/2013 4:42:00 PM

Eew. No length, volume, nothing. Looked like I had 5 or 6 lashes in total. Formula is goopy and gross. How can it smudge if it's clear? I expected more from you, Cover Girl...

Popular Mascaras