December 19, 2014 | 1238 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this for a natural, no makeup look. It's also great for sealing non-waterproof mascaras so they don't smudge.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by aimeexo

PERFECT for setting brows. This is so much cheaper than the other $30+ products for setting brows. Just a simple clear mascara from the drugstore.

Although it can make my eyebrows look wet/shiny, if I gently comb through my brows once when they're dry that problem goes away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by applecour

The absolute best thing for my brows! I've tried every other product from MAC to Urban Decay. This stuff keeps my brows in place, doesn't look unnatural and doesn't leave them too hard or sticky. I've used this on curled lashes as well and while I wasn't mad that I tried it, I probably wouldn't do it again. It took to long to dry and my lashes just didn't look that great. I would definitely repurchase this for my brows though. It's an absolute staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by carissytine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for about 10 years now, solely as a brow gel, and it always works great! It always holds my brows in place. Another reviewer noted that when also used for her brows, the mascara dried up during the day and it got flaky, but I have never experienced that in my decade-long use of this product. It is inexpensive and will always be a staple product for me.

Addition: My usual routine is lightly shading in any sparse areas using a brow pencil (NYC brow/eye liner, another cheap buy!) then applying the clear mascara. Eventually, I do start to notice that the brush and the mascara in the bottle itself gets darker and darker from some transference over a few weeks, but the transference is very minimal, and I find that it actually helps to blend the pencil better if anything and make it look more natural. This mascara actually does help to set the pencil color in my brows and keep the hairs in place. I don't ever have to reapply the pencil or mascara throughout the day, even if it's hot and humid out, unless I'm sleeping in which case the product may wear off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by kaylas2

This mascara is 100% my HG necessity.

This clear mascara is the reason I never have smudges of eyeliner, eyeshadow, or mascara under my eyes, and why all my friends wonder why my eye makeup never moves. After applying my eyeliner, black eyeshadow, and mascara on my bottom waterline and lashes, I apply THIS mascara underneath my lashes (when my black mascara has completely dried). And overtop of my bottom eyeliner/eyeshadow combo. That's it. The best, cheapest, and most convenient eye sealant I've ever used. Perfect eye makeup all day, no more panda eyes, raccoon liner, or any other animal makeup mishaps, ever.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by bexb99

I have been using this as both a brow gel and a mascara. As a mascara, it is average, doesn't really do much and it feels really wet and icky on my face. As a brow gel, for the first half of the day it really holds my brows in place, and once it completely dries, it turns gray and flakey- noticeably gray and flakey. I was wearing it one day, and my friend turned to me and said, "Woah, why are your eyebrows all gray? Are you getting gray hairs in your brows?!" and then I threw it out.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by JessPotter

Eew. No length, volume, nothing. Looked like I had 5 or 6 lashes in total. Formula is goopy and gross. How can it smudge if it's clear? I expected more from you, Cover Girl...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by lauranc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like it. No smudges! Good for low maintenance days. I think CG is over priced though. Like others have said, it is too thin for brows and the shape of the brush is for lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by glossipgirl7

I got this as a gift, so I can't comment on the price. However, I can say that I really liked this clear mascara. I use it on my brows sometimes, and occasionally over my regular mascara. The curved brush helps lift my lashes. However, this is a wet formula and takes a while to dry. It doesn't really change the rating, since if it smudges, it doesn't show- it's clear!
I'm planning to repurchase when I use it all up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use this as a mascara but instead as a brow gel. For that purpose it is great and so much better than gel products marketed for brows. Keeps my full brows tamed and polished all day and the curved brush makes application very easy. I alternate between this and Maybelline's clear mascara and both do a fine job in keeping brow hairs in place.