December 19, 2014 | 1515 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - Narciso Rodriguez for her

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't absolutely hate this perfume but I find it waaay too white-musky. It actually reminds me a bit of the Body Shop's White Musk. If the musk component was cut down to 1/10 the intensity, I might like this more. I also want to go on a little rant here about the advertising for this scent, and many others out there: what's with the teenaged, blonde, blue-eyed, slightly stoned-looking models? That image doesn't fit this perfume well IMO, plus I'm so tired of that image in general in perfume advertising (Marc Jacobs Daisy especially comes to mind).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by mightypog

Tried it on in a rollerball form at Sephora today because it actually kind of smelled cool in the store. Just the tiniest smidgeon on the back of my hand. Now it's following me around like a stray dog I regret having fed. I had Black Orchid on inside my wrists, too. The dab of NR completely overwhelmed it. So many people love this fragrance but it is wretched on me. It smells loud and cheap and harsh and chemical, like car air freshener.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

A thousand times yes! I love this fragrance, my boyfriend loves it (first bottle was from him, as a gift), everybody loves it...

I agree with the reviewer who wrote that it smells like something soft and cuddly underneath a layer of something scratchy....no better description in the world! :)
I'm not good at describing scents (patchouli, magnolia, chypre etc), but I'll give it a try...it is a scent of a jasmine and freesia-scented heavy cream (the one you put on the face, think Nivea, not the one to put in the coffee, hahaha!) with a layer of musk, or pepper, or something harsh, like the first whiff one gets when sniffing Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue (NOT the same scent, paralleling is only for the idea). The first sniff is something harsh, like a blade, a bit old-school, immediately followed by flowers and cream. This 'creamy' layer is akin to a floral version of Chloe's Chloe...exactly that, only with more flowers in it.
It's a beautiful, warm, sexy and creamy scent, if I close my eyes I see a tanned, long-legged, glamorous supermodel wearing a baby pink cashmere shawl....something like that. With some pearls as earrings...
The bottle is gorgeous,very apothecary-like, with a hint of modern given by the cap and the typewriter writing of the name of the perfume. However, it has two little flaws, it's very heavy even when empty and you can't see how much you have left. Nevertheless, the positive aspect about it is that it won't break...I dropped mine three times on granite floors and nothing happened. The heaviness also gives it a bit of a luxurious feeling, it feels thick, shiny and expensive, like a mother-of-pearl flacon, or heavy glass work.

I have received countless compliments on this fragrance, from both men and women, one of my friends putting it in the most eloquent manner - it is very different, special and 'interesting'. She sniffed it and said 'oh you always have these different, interesting perfumes!'.

For reference, I am a fan of Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue (if I had to wear only one perfume for the rest of my life, it used to be this), and more recently La Vie Est Belle by Lancome and Si by Giorgio Armani. However those are gourmand scents, while NR for Her and 5th avenue are a sort of a lifestyle...hard to describe. The perfume, particularly the drydown, goes under your skin like no other. It's also very different than anything else so you won't be smelling like everybody at work/the disco....
On the other hand, it's good for us NR for Her fans that the fragrance isn't so popular...I hate it when other girls start wearing what I am. Hihihi :)
Kudos to Narciso, he had a grand master parfumeur who deserves all respect and admiration for designing this scent. I do believe the world would be a poorer place if this perfume didn't exist <3 LOVE forever!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by disappearingkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Elegance in only one fragance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I like this fragrance, but this is easy to go overboard with. It is a very strong scent, very flowery, and can easily overpower. I think two spritzes is more than enough to portray a strong image without making passerby cough. This fragrance has really good lasting power, so it certainly is a good investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A fresh, unremarkable, (i.e.very wearable) pretty scent! This is a dupe for Estee Lauder's Modern Muse (that rainy, ozone scent--mmm). Lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I love the smell of this perfume. I originally sampled this out of a, magazine not knowing what it was or even looking at the brand name. As time went by I forgot I had it on and kept wondering what that lovely smell was thinking it was my friend. Then i realized it was me all along! I had to figure out the name of this perfume I was wearing and so I did. A few days later I picked up the rollerball at Sephora. This scent is very light and not too sweet. The best way for me to describe the smell is to say it just smells...well... clean. It kinda has that fresh out of the shower smell with a hint of musk. Definitely go to Sephora and try a sample if you haven't already.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can best describe this in textures. NR for Her edt is like snuggling a soft knit blanket through a layer of tulle. Or like a dancer's satiny leotard under a starched tutu. Soft and cuddly, but diffused through a layer of something a little scratchy. Entirely beautiful and womanly in an abstract way.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by tconlgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my new favorite. people love this smell. even people who don't lime perfumes.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by merinetrader

I picked up a sample of this at Sephora tonight. I guess it was hard to tell in the store surrounded by so many fragrances. All I can say is...IT"S AWFUL!!!!!! It smells like bug spray, and even a public restroom deodorizer. On top of that, it smells like a cheap mens cologne!! A lot of reviewers seem to love this and claim it smells sexy. I found it to be just plain GROSS!!!!!!
I couldn't wait to wash it off and throw it out