April 16, 2014 | 1551 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - Narciso Rodriguez for her

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can best describe this in textures. NR for Her edt is like snuggling a soft knit blanket through a layer of tulle. Or like a dancer's satiny leotard under a starched tutu. Soft and cuddly, but diffused through a layer of something a little scratchy. Entirely beautiful and womanly in an abstract way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by tconlgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my new favorite. people love this smell. even people who don't lime perfumes.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by merinetrader

I picked up a sample of this at Sephora tonight. I guess it was hard to tell in the store surrounded by so many fragrances. All I can say is...IT"S AWFUL!!!!!! It smells like bug spray, and even a public restroom deodorizer. On top of that, it smells like a cheap mens cologne!! A lot of reviewers seem to love this and claim it smells sexy. I found it to be just plain GROSS!!!!!!
I couldn't wait to wash it off and throw it out

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by delish288

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the intense perfume in the bright pinkish purple bottle that I had the pleasure of spraying on me last week. It says intense but I find the edp of For Her much more stronger that this lovely pinkish bottle. It only comes in 100 mls and is a limited edition so it will not be available for much longer which is too bad bec I found the initial spray had a sort of peppermint balsamic flavour to it which reminded me of another perfume but the name of it escapes my mind. I loved loved the first whiffs of the spray, and thought wow what had I been missing bec this scent has been out for 2 years and I just smelled it. A few hours later what a drydown, the orange blossom and amber came out and it was a warm exotic smell, not sweet and not bitter , just warm and all I could do is keep bringing my arm up to my nose and move my arm closer to smell this lovely burst of harmony.
All through I kept getting whiffs of such a delicate musk, not sweet, not animalic or harsh, just soft and warmed up by the amber and orange blossom. Some musks turn very harsh on my skin, but not this one. I had also sprayed a ribbon of this scent and 4 days later the smell is so soft, the musk is still there but all in all the entire scent has softened and mostly all I smell is the total entirety of all the compositions of this perfume as warm and very soft. This is a pleasurable scent to me bec the initial spray is lovely, the middle notes a few hours later want me to bite my arm and the drydown is so good as well. I need a bottle soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I kept getting whiffs of this during an outing with my cousin visiting from Canada. I had to ask her whats that nice smell. She gave me a sample and... OMG! im hooked and love love love this. We went shopping for this immediately and im glad i found this. Makes me feel sophisticated and the jasmine makes me feel romantic. I also like the simple yet understated bottle...and loving the pale pink packaging(its my fav color!). It lasts long on me despite being EDT. A 30ml bottle is more affordable/economical compared to most high end cosmetic brand perfumes for the same ml.

Update: The jasmine made me feel romantic and sleepy!! I wore this for friday nite dancing... oh dear mistake!! I wasnt in the mood to dance i felt so melancholy and dreamy. I left early and couldnt party no more. I blame the jasmine. It `s intoxicating, somewhat sickening and nauseating. I `d wear this if im suffering from insomnia. Jasmine is cure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My all time favorite perfume!!! I'm from southern California (now living in NYC) and I had literally never heard of this brand, seen it sold anywhere, seen an ad for it in a magazine, smelled it, etc. etc... but last year when I was in London for the Olympics I was walking around the city doing some site seeing and I kept smelling this super strong glamorous scent literally everywhere I went. I would be walking down the street and catch a huge wiff literally every 10 minutes and I kept thinking to myself "what the hell is this smell?!?".. in a good way. So as my brother and I were at some building by the Marble Arch to pick up our Olympic tickets for a beach volleyball match, the female volunteer helping us find our tickets that had been misplaced was wearing this same scent that I was smelling everywhere around the city. I embarassingly asked her what she was wearing and in her British accent she responded with some long ethnic name that I couldn't quite understand. So in my jet lagged state I gave her a really puzzled look and she followed with "in the light pink bottle". So for the next few days I wandered around London and went in department stores to try to find some baby pink bottle by the name of I don't know. So I finally found it while wandering through Harvey Nik's when I came across a baby pink square bottle that looked like it had some name that matched with the Brit told me. I spritzed the bottle on my wrist and there was the devine scent I had been lusting for.

So for me, yes this scent is very romantic and gorgeous smelling... the scent is very, very strong which I love, and I do really love this scent for the scent itself... but smell is the only sense that is linked directly to memory so every time I wear this, it reminds me of walking around in my favorite city in the world. And for that, I love this perfume even more. I will always and forever repurchase this.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I had a couple of samples of this perfume laying around, and I recently decided to try them out to see if I liked this scent. Unfortunately, this perfume is not for me.
When I first sprayed this on, I thought I would really like it. The top notes I noticed the most were bergamot, honey, and a little orange blossom. The scent was sweet and fruity, but not in a sickeningly sweet way, and I really liked it. But the middle notes killed this perfume for me. After about an hour, a strong musk scent started to come through. The musk was mixed with amber, which made it slightly tolerable for me, but the musk just continued to get stronger and seemed to drown out everything else. I'm not huge on musky scents but if they are more subtle, sometimes they work well on my skin. This one was just way to strong for me. The dry down was nice -- I could smell some vanilla and smokey vetiver, but the musk was still lingering in the background and never faded.
On top of the fact that I really did not like the scent overall, this perfume does not last very long on the skin. It had faded noticeably after about 3 hours, and was completely gone after about 5. Most perfumes I own last around 8 hours, and considering that this one is on the pricier side, I don't think it is worth the money considering how often you would have to reapply it.
If you're into strong musky scents, you would probably like this one. Sadly though, this perfume is definitely not the kind of scent I like and I would not purchase this full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by deerod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the Eau de Toilette (black bottle - pink box). This is the strangest perfume ever........but in a good way. I've always seen it around and heard it described as 'musky' which just didn't seem appealing to me. I've been wearing Champs Elysees by Guerlain for years and although its my HG I have kind of been craving something new for quite awhile. On my day off last week I was in Sephora testing frangrances and as usual didn't like anything and just relegated myself to wearing the same exact frangrance - for.the.rest.of.my.life. On my way out of sephora Narciso Rodriguez was the last bottle I sampled. I went through the motions of spraying the paper - waffed it around in the air - sniffed (eeehhh not impressed) and went on about my Sephora window shopping experiencing. (hmmm.......can I find that PERFECT coral lippie for the summer in here?). After leaving the store I pulled out the tester and thought .....oh my God - WHAT IS THAT????????????? What I smelled was.......sexy, sultry, woody, earthy, spicy and under all of that was something feminine and soft. It was the strangest thing ever. So I hop in my car and place the tester down and go on about my drive and I couldn't put the tester strip down. I sniffed it from the mall to my house which is a good 25 minutes or so. This was on a Friday and I thought about the perfume all weekend long - I was mildly obsessed.

So now onto the actual review after giving you the backstory lol. So this perfume is full of contridictions. Its no one thing at any particular time. Most people find the intial phase not very likable and enjoy the drydown much better but I'm opposite. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the initial phase - its woody, spicy, warm and dark and a bit masculine if you will kind of unisex or androgoneous after that phase which for me is very short maybe about a half an hour or so I smell orange blossom and honey something very sweet but not cloying and then after that is the final phase which to me is the hardest to describe or disern whats going on - I guess in short its floral musk in this phase. It sits very close on my skin and this is the phase where the contridictions come in. Some whiffs make me feel like a sexy black panther, other whiffs make me feel like a soft baby bunny, there are times where I can't smell it at all and then 15 minutes later the perfume is all i can smell and the frangrance has enveloped me and is whafting around me its just a strange perfume but in a good way. I would have never thought I was a fan of musk as I prefer scents that are lighter but this to me is a great perfume. Everyone intrested in it should definatley try it. My best friend who LOVES musk and scents just like NR tried this on my recommendation and she did not like it at all and on her it went sour so its the kind of perfume whereas if it works it WORKS and if it doesn't its no bueno lol. Because this scent is so complex and well made I would imagine this would smell slightly different on everyone because chemistry does play such an important role.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I dont get the great reviews of this perfume I have a mini and spray tested in David jones and its just meh, it very forgettable and smells like toilet deoderiser

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried the edt today, one spritz has been on my left arm for about five hours. At first, I found it too mature for my taste (I'm 25) mostly jasmine that while lush can't compare to the real thing (the more real fresh jasmine I smell the more critical I am of the note in perfume). It seemed similar to the Tatiana perfume I got once at the 99 Cent store (which was fine, cause it was only 99 cents). Now that time has passed, the drydown is reminding me off Benefit's Maybe Baby, the way it smells on my friend, which I love. Soft, hinting at powder, rose, and the faintest bit of peach. But nothing juicy! Nothing bright. Just faint and clean. I put "no" because I don't think I would pay retail prices for this, but a sample would be nice. Worth trying.

ETA 12/30/13: Please do not overspray this. I got heavy handed one day and it totally ruined my nose, I can no longer smell this without getting a tiny bit nauseous. It was nice before I went spray crazy. I did the same thing with Nicole Richie's scent, which kind of made me hate amber for awhile. Sorry amber