September 22, 2014 | 2049 users online

Brows - Avon - Glimmersticks Brow Definer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my first brow product and I've used it all up! I had this in Blonde. The color was a bit warmer than I expected. It goes on easily and with a light hand does not look overdone. I go for a more natural look than overly sculpted. It lasted a good while as well and removed easily with a makeup remover wipe or cold cream.

I purchased this for $2.99 during one of Avon's deals. It goes on sale regularly. It lasted me a little under a year, so I definitely think it is a good value. Note that I did not use it everyday.

The only reason I marked that I would not purchase this again is because I want to try to find a better color match. I'm also curious to try a different format such as a powder/wax combo. It's not a bad product at all and if the color matched better I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this free with a magazine & had never used a brow pencil before but I really like this - its easy to apply - easy to smudge for a natural look & Im converted on defining my brows more! Been using it every day since I got it
Not sure if I'll buy the same one again as I'd prefer it to have a brow pencil on the end to make things easier, but all the same its a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by rachysetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for some time now and after going away I always come back.

As a dark red head with the blondest eyelashes & brows going, the blonde shade is just perfect for me. If defines my brows (i.e. actually makes them visible!) with a very natural tone and not too dark for my fair complexion.

I love the telescopic action on the packaging which makes the product for me - not having to sharpen every day! yeay! Brilliant as a busy mum, as one less thing to do and mess to clear up.

The texture is just right - many eyebrow pencils are just too hard and I have thrown many away as I have not been far off injuring myself with them.

You are not going to get pin-point precision of you are after that sort of a look, but if you go for a natural look this will be perfect for you.

All round love for this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by NitaJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has to be one of my favourite eyebrow pencils! I used to use the Soft Black but as I have lightened my hair I am now using the Dark Brown and I am very impressed by both. It comes on softly and not too harsh and defines your brows in a really natural way, basically they don't appear to be penciled on! Two of friends who use the MAC eyebrow pencil in spiked used my Avon pencil and could not beileve how similar they are and for a much less price! You can also get it for a really great price when it is on special.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product that does what it says. As a makeup artist I like my clients eyebrows perfectly groomed and shaped but I like to keep them lightish in tone so they dont overpower the face. It obviously varies from client to client. You can make the colour as concentrated or not by the pressure of application. I love these automatic glimmersticks as I dont have to keep sharpening them.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by MMDLS

I like this brow liner but i have one problem with it. You have to be absolutely light handed with it because it can look pretty heavy and look u drew on ur brows with a crayon ha wierd huh? If u do it too hard ur gona have to blend it a good amount for it to look natural. But other than that the color looks good (i have it in dark brown), price is good and packaging is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by QuyneKayVi

I really am a fan of brow liners that just twist to get more rather than sharpening. It was a nice product and I would buy it again, definitely at its price. The only problem I had was that I had to use extremely light strokes in order for my brows to not look overdone. That was the only hassle. Other brow liners I've tried just let you simply stroke as hard as you want and it will still fill up your brows perfectly. However, I would still buy it for the unsmudging quality, great packaging, and price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by ASBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's an alright brow definer, i find the consistancy to be quite waxy and a little tacky almost. I have naturally black hair but i dye it black to keep the colour lively and i like to keep my eyebrows shaped to a similar looking healthy colour. Using the pencil itself made the hairs stick to my skin and looked almost drag like - not a good look! But now i use a brush to apply and find it works much better which is great :) x

Tips for application:
1. Use small strokes
2. Use to fill the brows in not create brows
3. Used sparingly with a brush gives a great finnish that looks natural and lasts

Pros:
- cheap
- stays on well/doesnt smudge of smear
- looks natural when applied well

Cons:
- bad texture
- can look 'drag' like
- can cause hairs to stick to skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by blondesincebirth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on sale. I have tried quite a few brow pencils over the years as I have very warm toned blonde eyebrows and hair. I had not found anything up to now that wasn't ash toned. My brows now are 2 -3 shades darker than natural which is right on target with my hair. I can hardly believe the difference. Having brows that show up and look natural. It changes the way my face looks.

I love how the pencil fills in to look comepletely natural in tone, and does not look drawn on! I definately would recommend this to anyone who wants a light warm toned blonde that is not artificial looking. If you had the need, you could build the shade to be darker.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

No...just no.

The consistency is way too waxy/stick and I found that I had to comb my brows through excessively in order to make this look 'blended'. It actually made my brow hairs stick to my face.