April 24, 2014 | 1948 users online

Lips - Nature's Gate - Organics Carrot Smoothie Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by greengold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. Sweet and tasty. I like that it/'s organic since I undoubtedly ingest plenty of lip gloss (by accident). It's more like a moisturizing gloss than a balm. No waxy build up. But the tin seems to open when it's in my purse and then particles from the bottom of my purse get in. This has been discontinued, but it's great stuff. I would just suggest transfering it to a pot or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by cedward

This is my second favorite lip moisturiser, behind Weleda Everon. I leaves a touch of color and shine on my lips. Good stuff, but the packaging is pure crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2004 2:31:00 PM More reviews by delphinium

I love the scent of this product, and the packaging is very cute. I won't repurchase however, because it dried out my lips with continued use. Very thin, waxy consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2004 6:42:00 PM More reviews by gonzo02468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this lip balm. it is a nice bright orange color and has a lovely, sweet carrot smell. it is also very moisturizing. and not a bad price. plus i just love the fact that it has organic ingredients!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2004 12:27:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The product itself is quite good, however, the packaging is so unfit and unsanitary, I would give this negative lippies if I could. I am not talking about dipping my fingers in- I couldn't care less about that- Both of my tins (I have carrot and chocolate orange) developed a black rim of crud that seems to come from the inside edges where the balm meets the metal of the tin. The combo gives a strong dirty penny taste and smell, and gives a nasty black mouldy color. Horrible, and most unfortunate because the balm itself is quite good. They need to either develop something to protectively coat the tin itself before putting in the balm, or they need to change the packaging altogether. Most unfortunate for a decent product and cute appearance of the packaging! If you try to scrape off the crud, more shows up, because it is simply the balm reacting with the tin. I am sad about this, because I was initially so exited about my purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2003 6:14:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so happy that MUA has finally decided too add the Nature's Gate line! This is one of the best brands of bath & body care and is available in whole foods/health stores.
Onto the relevant review - Organics is a line within Nature's Gate that uses 50% certified organic ingredients. The Carrot Smoothie lip balm comes in an adorable .24 oz/7 g slide tin that's small enough to fit into any pocket. Carrot Smoothie is a carrot-colored balm that is true to its name. It does a great job of moisturizing and seems to last forever. It goes around USD$3 and is definitely worth the bang for your buck. It's one of my faves out of my 170+ balms & glosses, so I highly recommend it. continued >>