November 26, 2014 | 1791 users online

Body Scrubs - Origins - Never A Dull Moment Skin Brightening Facial Polisher

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Soffy

My skin: I have rosacea on my nose, which makes the skin there very red and sensitive. My nose also tends to get dehydrated and flaky. The rest of my face is normal, with some impurities on the cheeks.

The important thing to remember here is that this scrub is meant to make your skin glow. Personally I have sensitive skin and the grains in the scrub feel a bit harsh (I usually water it down to make it more gentle). However, it does a great job in "brightening" my skin, I personally love using it during the winter months where my skin has a tendency to get a bit dull and lifeless. This is also great for smokers, or if you're going out and want a bit of extra "oomph!". The only reason I won't repurchase is because I have such sensitive skin that I prefer to use a primer or brightening serum to get glowing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I first had this way back in 2002 and back then it was a HG for me, even though pricey. Many years later I thought I would repurchase it as it always made my skin look brighter and much more refreshed after using it (and removing with a washcloth which really helps to avoid the stickiness.) The tube is better for me than the tub as I used to get too much water in it when I took it in the shower with me. But the tube is very difficult to squeeze any product out of (I can live with it though, not a dealbreaker.) I still get the brightening effect whenever I use this, and although the effect doesn't last, using this product does make my skin feel like every last trace of makeup or dirt has been removed. I do like this product a lot but I am hesitant to repurchase firstly because the brightening effects don't last, and secondly because Paula Begoun's review said that it had damaging oils in and was not recommended. Her reviews tend to exaggerate the damaging effects of plant oils (in my opinion) so this is just a minor reason why I wouldn't repurchase. As I get older I find that harsher products react more with my skin and I am am concerned that the gritty particles (although small) may be too rough for my increasingly sensitive skin. If this product was just a smooth paste without the grit, then I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS A HG SCRUB. I USE IT WHEN I DEPEND ON LOOKING MY BEST AND GETTING A GLOW FOR SURE. IT IS THICK AND REALLY EMBRACES YOUR FACE. THIS ONE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by PCarrie84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really great scrub, its more of an enzyme treatment..This is great to dissolve dry flakey skin, I usually use this after a TCA peel or retina a treatments to make sure all my dead skin is dissolved and off. The smell is divine and fruity papaya..
Little trick I like to do is mix some of this paste with Lemon juice (from the lemon)..It enhances the enzymes of this scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the product but I am so disappointed in the change of the packaging. A smaller size, in a tube and the same price. The jar goes a longer way in the fact it can be watered down a little to make a lot more. Maybe they figured that part out. I guess when I run out I will have to find a new face polisher...any suggestions are welcome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this.i use it once a week in the morning after my decleor face wash on damp skin. I then add more water if i need it. I use a dermabrasion scrub also once a week in the evening before a mask.
I still have this in the pot and as its just for me prefer this than a tube as i can get every last bit out. I know it has been repackaged though.
Initially it made my skin feel good but I wasnt seeing any brightness. That was before I used a muslin cloth to remove it.
I dampen my face and neck and put small amounts of this on my cheeks, forehead, nose, chin and neck. I do my face first and then leave for about 30secs while i do my neck. I the remove with a warm muslin cloth and my skin really glows. Try it with a cloth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this again after many years. I used to use this when it was still in the jar, so I was pleased to see that they have changed their packaging to something more hygienic. What they haven't done, though, is adjust the thickness of the product. This is very hard to get out of the tube. You have to really squeeze to get some product out. That can be quite annoying. It still smells as delicious as it did years ago.

In terms of performance, this product is a very gentle scrub that relies on fruit enzymes to exfoliate away dead skin cells. The best way to use it is as a mask. I usually put it on wet skin just after I have cleansed. Then I leave it on as a mask while I shower. Once I am ready to take it off, I rub in circular movements, then rinse. My face feels very smooth.
As everyone knows by now, this is not a traditional "scrub", so if you are looking for something more harsh, then you would have to choose something else. But I don't particularly like those harsh scrubs, because I feel that they are harsh for nothing and don't really do a good job of actually getting rid of dead skin cells.

As for brightness - I really can't tell, to be honest. I don't know that my face is brighter, but it is smooth and has not broken out (I am very acne prone). For me, this does the job of exfoliation. If my skin does happen to look brighter, then it is an added bonus.

I will purchase again, though it would probably take me a year (or longer) to finish it. So even though it's quite pricey (I paid 20.50 - it was on offer), it's still good value for money when you think of how thick the product is. A little goes a looooooong way!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Have been returning to this product for years. The perfect skin brightener: gentle but most effective in its mission to clear away dull skin. The result is a softer, noticeably more even toned complexion and much improved make-up appearance.

Cannot recommend enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by scootipooti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite scrub. It does a great job of removing surface 'stuff' off my skin, and when I leave it on for about ten minutes before rinsing, it leaves my skin super soft with a nice glow. It doesn't make my sensitive dry/combo skin tight and it smells heavenly. Now that it's in a tub, I give it five stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG scrub. I'm on my third jar, and I have tried a lot of scrubs. My skin is mature, but still very young looking and oily/combo. I use this polish once a week. I was lucky enough to find Origins products at the tax free market on my trip, and got never a dull moment cleanser, out of trouble and drink up intensive masks, and night-a-mins cream. My skin has not changed much since my twenties, and I still use products for oily skin, heavy creams make my skin dull and oily. I use creamier stuff only on wintertime.