Cover Girl Outlast in Malt Pearl

4.5

on 3/20/2006 10:44:00 PM

Who I am: 20-something medical student soon to be MD who cant be whipping out one of her billions of lipglosses in front of her attending physician

What I usually wear: anything ultra shiny and not very pigmented, like CG smoothwear liptints, NYC kiss gloss, sally hansen diamond lip treatment etc etc... in a nutshell shiny shimmery "going out" type lip products that are completely unsuited to my future profession

Thanks to MUA I bought: Covergirl Outlast Malt Pearl. Its a neutral pink/mauve/YLBB/ definitely MLBB color. No blue undertones like blush pearl (which is weird because I am cool toned and like colors such as clinique bamboo pink). I find that I dont even need to use the topcoat if i dont want to be insanely shiny. The pearl formula when dry and alone is still shimmery and gorgeous not totally matte and "grown-uppy" because I am still a bonne bell loving wet and wild buying clearance bin digging girl at heart! I am so happy I bought this and will finally have a professional polished look that my lippie collection so desperately needed.

Please do try this if you see them on sale, 40% off at rite aid, bogo at walgreens etc.

on 7/19/2005 4:59:00 PM

OHMYGAWD! I AM IN HEAVEN!!! After years of searching and miles of shopping isles I can finally rest! This is by far THE BEST long lastng Lip Color out there. I purchased both the Malt Pearl and Blush Pearl. Both are perfect, pouty, shimmery colors that look so amazing and sexy. A little goes a long way.....just a few dabs, then press your lips together. Wait a few minutes and add a touch of the gloss....PERFECT!! There is NO drying, NO pealing and No bad taste or odor! Just PERFECT long lasting shimmery color.
Believe me girls if you are like me and have tried every long lasting lip color out there and have been disappointed, YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THIS! BELIEVE me girls, your searching will end here! I have tried only the 2 Pearl colors but can't wait to try more! THANK YOU COVER GIRL :)!!

on 11/5/2004 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

YAY! Another HG semi-permanent lippie to add to my collection! :) The Outlast Pearls are so much prettier and natural than the fake plasticky looking matte ones. I loved Blush pearl, but I like Malt Pearl even better. This shade is a gorgeous, totally neutral pink. It has no overt blue, violet or brown tones to it; it is one of the most neutral colours I've ever come across. Like the other Outlast Pearl lipsticks it wears like iron and looks totally gorgeous and natural. Just make sure to apply a thin, even coat to perfectly dry, clean, smooth lips.Then let it dry completely. Also-remember to reapply the topcoat often. If you've been let down by other semi-perm lippies try this-you may just fall in love with it! :)

EDIT- I now prefer other semi-permanent lipsticks like Revlon Colorstay Overtime Sheer, their formula is lighter and easier to use. However, this is still a decent product.

on 4/20/2004 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had completely given up on Outlast, as the matte shades did nothing for me but ball up on the outer edges of my lips and wear off on the inner part, giving me the dreaded "bj" lip look. But, after reading the reviews on the new Pearls line, I thought I'd give it another try...and I am glad I did!

This one, Malt Pearl, is a great pinkish-brown, and it is a versatile everyday color. I find this interchangable with Blush Pearl, as both are pinkish-brown. (Both are MLBB colors...Malt being a bit more pink, and Blush being a bit more brown...you'd think it would be the other way 'round, wouldn't you?)

How I apply is this...I wipe off every bit of excess product on the lip of the bottle, until I can actually see the white on the fuzzy tip. I apply VERY LIGHTLY to my lower lip, and then immediately take my finger and smudge it, wiping off any excess, until just an incredibly light tint remains. I then do the same to the upper lip, wiping and wiping until I get any excess color removed. I wait the required minute or so, and then apply the glossy topcoat. Believe it or not, this gives an incredibly light stain of color that lasts! I am taking off one lippie for the fact that I do have to jump through such hoops to make this work without being overpowering. That, and it does have a tendency to wear off sooner than it ought.

What I like about this, as opposed to the original Outlast, is that even when the glossy topcoat wears off, there is enough shimmer to this color that it still looks like glossy lipstick...so if I can't reapply immediately, it doesn't matter as it still looks nice. The top of the gloss comes off in my purse, and that bugs me...and, if I were CG, I would make the gloss in a smaller size as well as the large size, so as to better fit in a purse or pocket. But, all in all, a much-improved Outlast! continued >>

on 1/3/2004 5:45:00 PM

This is my second favorite after Forever Fawn, which is a MLBB shade that I wear almost everyday. I happen to like the little bit of frost in the Malt Pearl which is very pretty with their gloss. Nice natural pink shade. I'm a huge fan of the Outlast line, once you figure out how to wear it. It is my HG lip color and I'd be absolutely devastated if they discontinued these. It's the only lipstick I've ever had that stayed on until you take it off. Love 'em Love 'em Love 'em! No more touchups after eating or drinking with these babies other than the gloss.

on 12/29/2003 10:20:00 PM

This a pretty colour and probably most people would like it a lot; the pearl formulation seems more popular than the matte and I can see why. However, on me frosted lip colours usually just don't work as well as creamy ones, and this is no exception. It's a nice pink with a hint of nude, so if you find Blush Pearl too pink this is your shade. I may wear this when feeling "frosty" but usually I'll go with Forever Fawn.

Popular Lipsticks