November 21, 2014 | 1741 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly disappointing product from the body shop Vitamin E collection.
I thought since I love some of the products from the collection, this could be a winner. How wrong was I. Should had gotten a sample of it first.

The product itself is a gel consistency (think jelly) & you only apply a thin layer onto a clean area of your face, avoiding the eyes.

At first, this product stings like a mofo but disappear after a few minutes. I had mine on for roughly ten minutes before rubbing it into my skin like instructed. I did not see any difference in my skin tone immediately nor did my skin look very hydrated.

When I went to bed, I noticed that my face felt tacky & would stick to my pillow case. So I had to get up & remove the leftover residue that I had rubbed in with a toner spray & a cotton round.

The next morning, my skin was it's usual self. Dry & not at all vibrant.

Needless to say, will keep trying this product out but not before I go to bed.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Dinisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It really stings my skin and I don't like it.
I want this mask to moisture my skin but this mask doing nothing at all.
Smells weird and burn my skin.
Definitely not buy again.
Waste my money and too pricey.
Better buy Laneige Water Sleeping Pack, more expensive but I got what I want, smooth, fresh, and no dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by lhb5371

i am really surprised to see all the negative reviews as this is the only product i have been using for five years (and counting). I use it as a cream really, put it on every morning and night. I guess my skin is just really used it. recently i started using it as a body cream since it is so cheap and comes in a large jar. I guess everyone has different skin and i do remember it hurting my face but it was pretty minor and was pretty early on and never happened again. I tried to switch the prodct to something more high class (aka expensive) but have not found a good replacement. Just got five more on black friday sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't have super sensitive skin and never reacted badly to products.. but this mask stings really bad! the first time I used it I had to wash off immediately. I tried again a few weeks later and got the same result! my face looked really pink, like, really barbecued.. as if I had smothered my blusher all over my face :O i had to apply Clarins Treatment Oil non stop for a few days to bring it back to normal shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this around a month ago for 40% off, and since I've been looking for a moisturizing mask I decided to give this a shot. It comes in a little tub and the mask itself is light pink with a creamy texture, when spreading this across your skin it seems to melt in. I usually wait for about 10 minutes and rinse it off with a damp sponge - i know the instructions say to tissue off, but I'm very acne prone and I didn't want to take that risk!

This is no miracle worker, I won't say that it moisturizes particularly well, and I find that sheet masks tend to be a lot more effective in delivering moisture. But this mask does leave your skin feeling soft, with a slight glow. I won't be repurchasing this again as I'm sure I can find better!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Errai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product months ago and while I did use it once a week during the first two months, I've stopped using it since because it doesn't feel like it does much for me. That is, I haven't noticed any difference in my skin since using the product -- immediately afterwards or in the long run.

I didn't notice it irritating my skin until I've read some of the reviews so for me, the irritation was pretty minor. It also has a gel-like texture that I thought made it easy to spread. Another plus is that the jar is pretty big so it should last a while.

I don't think I'm any worse off without it so I think the product is better suited for those with dry skin and not necessary for those with combination or oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Beautyseeker14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to be in love with this product and have bought it repeatedly for myself as well as my mother in the past. I used to feel its goodness on my skin.
It never has broken me out but of late, i dont notice it doing anything special for my skin either.
The smell lately of this product isnt pleasing at all. it doesnt moisturize the skin also and seems to stick superficially to the skin instead of sinking in.
I dont know if they have changed the formula or something but it doesnt seem to sink into the skin any more.
It has done no harm but i dont notice it doing anything good either. So i am not going to buy this again. For night cream purpose i am planning to try out Nutriganics smoothing night cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product, but no. No I don't. I felt like it made my skin feel dirty and clogged. It didn't feel or look smoother or brighter, my skin didn't feel nourished, and I am pretty sure it make me breakout a couple times. It sometimes made my skin feel irritated or burned and itched mildly while it was on, which other reviewers also noted. I also didn't like the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a nice product, in terms of how it works. It is a nice consistency, it goes on nicely and sinks in without ever feeling heavy or greasy. It moisturizes pretty well. I dont find it irritating at all. IThe part I hate about it, and the reason I won't repurchase, is the scent. I don't normally mind fragranced products, but this is WAY too heavy. It's a rosy sort of floral, very old lady like and super strong. It does dissipate but I find it unpleasant to use. Too bad, because I'd like it otherwise.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by soniya123

My experience is weird, My first jar was a miracle to me the one i loved and couldnt live without. I used to apply a bit daily on my cleanse and a bit wet face. my skin drank all that up and results were nice soft supple and hydrated skin without any grease at all.
When I finished my jar i couldnt found it in store for a month and finally when i got a new one i cant believe what happened. i used to apply as i did before but this time it gave me an allergic reaction my cheeks looked inflamed and non smooth with rashes. i didnt figure out till two weeks as i was so confident of my previous jar, as a precaution i stopped using this and within a day or two my skin starts getting better i was happy and sad at the same time for losing this product