The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Diglycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 4.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

as many others have been saying I put this mask on and immediately had a burning sensation... I do have sensitive skin so when this happens I know something's not right. the mask turned my skin tomato red and completely dried out my skin leaving flaky patches! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!

I'm 22 with combination, dehydrated, blemish prone skin. This means that my skin produces enough oil but doesn't retain water. So it is pretty much parched all the time

I've just bought my second tub of this stuff and it really works wonders for my skin. My skin is not very sensitive so I have had no problems with stinging.

It has a gel consistency and is high in glycerin which means it is perfect for dehydrated skin.

I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin as there is not a lot of oil in this product. But its perfect for me as excess oil would break me out!

I use this as a day cream and sometimes as a mask. At night I add a couple drops of trilogy's rosehip oil which helps with my uneven skintone. My dehydrated skin drinks this up like its been waiting for a glass of water all its life! It may be sticky for a few minute if you apply too much but you can wipe up excess and establish the correct amount for your levels of dehydration! It is definitely not greasy if you use the right amount for you so its a perfect base for my foundation and my newly hydrated skin looks plump, healthy and thankful for the added hydration!

Overall this product is a must have for combo/oily/normal dehydrated (not dry) skin. It gives your face hydration and it evens out the red blotchiness and general parched feeling in your skin that is associated with dehydration!

I believe that the bad reviews are because this product is not for dry skin or dry and sensitive skin as the name may imply. My boyfriend has extremely dry skin and this stings his face. He uses Biodetma Atoderm and has worked for years on his skin!

on 3/5/2015 1:16:00 PM

I have very dry and sensitive skin and this mask sounded right up my street but I hated it and really would not recommend it to anyone.

The product is gel like in consistency and has a bit of a grandma perfume smells (I could live with the scent if the product delivered results).

As instructed I applied a layer on to my face and sat back to relax, almost immediately I felt my skin stinging and burning uncomfortably so removed it immediately. It left my skin very red and possibly drier than when I started. This product was promptly thrown in the bin!

on 12/8/2014 5:25:00 AM

I got a mini sample size of this mask to try it out.

First things first - my skin is very dry and dehydrated. I was also suffering from minor blemishes and things, so Vitamin E sounded like a very promising mask.

When you compare it to the other masks from the range, you can notice this one has more natural oils and some not-so-chemical ingredients like the rest. The consistency of this mask is very cream-like and actually feels a bit weird and not thick enough (I am used to my favorite masks such as Lush to be quite thick in texture). I did rinse it off, despite the description that said that I can leave the residue on.

My skin felt soft after I removed this mask but that was it. No following results, just like that - one day effect.

I also despise the scent of this product - it smells of an old soap or some grandma perfume. Not buying this mask again unless I have no other options.

If you need more thoughts on this and other face masks from the Body Shop, I leave a nice in-depth blog review below and hope it helps you guys somehow.!Mask-Hunt-#2/cmbz/00B5074C-D6D7-407C-9160-AEEBF777083A

on 6/17/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a fairly disappointing product from the body shop Vitamin E collection.
I thought since I love some of the products from the collection, this could be a winner. How wrong was I. Should had gotten a sample of it first.

The product itself is a gel consistency (think jelly) & you only apply a thin layer onto a clean area of your face, avoiding the eyes.

At first, this product stings like a mofo but disappear after a few minutes. I had mine on for roughly ten minutes before rubbing it into my skin like instructed. I did not see any difference in my skin tone immediately nor did my skin look very hydrated.

When I went to bed, I noticed that my face felt tacky & would stick to my pillow case. So I had to get up & remove the leftover residue that I had rubbed in with a toner spray & a cotton round.

The next morning, my skin was it's usual self. Dry & not at all vibrant.

Needless to say, will keep trying this product out but not before I go to bed.

on 4/1/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It really stings my skin and I don't like it.
I want this mask to moisture my skin but this mask doing nothing at all.
Smells weird and burn my skin.
Definitely not buy again.
Waste my money and too pricey.
Better buy Laneige Water Sleeping Pack, more expensive but I got what I want, smooth, fresh, and no dry skin.

on 3/13/2014 4:45:00 PM

i am really surprised to see all the negative reviews as this is the only product i have been using for five years (and counting). I use it as a cream really, put it on every morning and night. I guess my skin is just really used it. recently i started using it as a body cream since it is so cheap and comes in a large jar. I guess everyone has different skin and i do remember it hurting my face but it was pretty minor and was pretty early on and never happened again. I tried to switch the prodct to something more high class (aka expensive) but have not found a good replacement. Just got five more on black friday sale.

on 3/11/2014 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't have super sensitive skin and never reacted badly to products.. but this mask stings really bad! the first time I used it I had to wash off immediately. I tried again a few weeks later and got the same result! my face looked really pink, like, really barbecued.. as if I had smothered my blusher all over my face :O i had to apply Clarins Treatment Oil non stop for a few days to bring it back to normal shade.

on 12/21/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this around a month ago for 40% off, and since I've been looking for a moisturizing mask I decided to give this a shot. It comes in a little tub and the mask itself is light pink with a creamy texture, when spreading this across your skin it seems to melt in. I usually wait for about 10 minutes and rinse it off with a damp sponge - i know the instructions say to tissue off, but I'm very acne prone and I didn't want to take that risk!

This is no miracle worker, I won't say that it moisturizes particularly well, and I find that sheet masks tend to be a lot more effective in delivering moisture. But this mask does leave your skin feeling soft, with a slight glow. I won't be repurchasing this again as I'm sure I can find better!

on 10/11/2013 12:01:00 AM

I bought this product months ago and while I did use it once a week during the first two months, I've stopped using it since because it doesn't feel like it does much for me. That is, I haven't noticed any difference in my skin since using the product -- immediately afterwards or in the long run.

I didn't notice it irritating my skin until I've read some of the reviews so for me, the irritation was pretty minor. It also has a gel-like texture that I thought made it easy to spread. Another plus is that the jar is pretty big so it should last a while.

I don't think I'm any worse off without it so I think the product is better suited for those with dry skin and not necessary for those with combination or oily skin.