Cover Girl CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer Fair to Light

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (6%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Oleth 3 Phosphate, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydrantoin, Steareth 21, Steareth 2, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Talc, Polyacrylamide, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Panthenol, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Beta Carotene, Methicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 1/20/2015 6:10:00 PM

I wanted something light and very natural looking for school and bought this. Someone told me that TMs run dark so I purchased the lightest shade and it doesn't show up on my skin at all. Wouldn't buy this again, at least not in the same shade. Maybe in light to medium, though.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was in need of a tinted moisturizer that had a dewy finish and I'm glad I bought this product as it does exactly what it says. I use clean hands to apply it (works best for me). I noticed that 10 minutes after applying, my pores disappear! It's insane! I have slight redness on my cheeks and this does wonders in evening it out. For ladies with very uneven skin, I wouldn't recommend as it is VERY sheer. Further on, I love the way my skin feels... soft and silky smooth.

PROS:
Does not break me out (I have sensitive skin)
Has sunscreen
Not heavy
Evens skin tone
Hides pores
Skin feels smooth during AND after removing the TM

I don't have any cons, really.

My first TM! It was between this, Dove or Nivea. Both Dove and Nivea seemed way too dark for me, so I went with CG Smoothers. This is a good and basic TM that's great for newbies just getting started on wearing makeup. The coverage is as expected of a TM, sheer and barely there but just enough to even out my skintone. As a TM, a perfect colour match is not necessary but I do think its yellow-based as it is able to neutralize the pinkiness of my skintone.

on 10/19/2012 8:36:00 PM

love this TM
its has a great formula its not too thick not too watery
it does have good coverage
i use this daily for the spf and set it with my powder foundation for just alittle more coverage
sinks into the skin well and not greasy at all!
i have sensitive skin it did not burn or break me out
will buy again!

on 9/15/2012 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This a good, decent tinted moisturizer. It's more on the sheer side, perfect for girls just starting out with makeup. Not too heavy, but they'd get the gist of it all anyway. This definitely provides moisture for my normal/dry skin, slightly more on the dry side. I never trust a tinted moisturizer completely to do all the work (I've used quite a few), so I'll let my routine morning moisturizer sink in for a few minutes before I apply this. It goes on like a light foundation, only there's less coverage. I've found myself using this a lot lately just because I've gotten tired of the way heavier foundations look on my fair skin in the summer. After that I'll cover any acne spots or discoloration with a concealer and dust a light powder over my T-zone. It looks much more natural for my taste and I'll keep using it until I run out. Not my favorite, but it gets the basic job done.

on 7/19/2012 3:56:00 AM

Really good tinted moisturizer for $7. Gives good coverage. It is a little watery so I have to set it with powder but it's the only tinted moisturizer I could find for fair skin without it being completely orange. Love!!

on 7/9/2012 11:42:00 AM

I bought this because it was on sale for $4 at CVS and I love the AquaSmooth compact makeup. This, however, was a major disappointment.
First of all, this product is SO greasy! I know TMs are supposed to be moisturizing, but this made my face look disgusting (and I don't have very oily skin!). This also provided absolutely zero coverage - my skin tone still looked uneven and I think it even accentuated my pores...not a good look. The one good thing I can say about it, is that the lightest shade was a good match for my skin tone, I find a lot of TMs to be very yellow-tinted, and this was much more pink. Overall I would definitely not buy again; this is being returned.

I decided to quit using foundation because i didn't like the way it made my skin feel. All caked on and gross. So i thought i would use a tinted moisturizer for a light coverage with some powder over it. BAD DECISION! I typically don't break out...ever. And after ONE use of using this product i woke up with breakouts ALL over my forehead and chin and cheeks. I'm almost 20 and i looked like i was going through puberty all over again. Horrible product. I should've known it would've been bad coming from Covergirl. they suck.
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!

on 6/9/2012 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOVE THIS!!! its a great alternative to expensive tinted moisturizers. SO basically, i have dry-combination extremely fair (NW15) skin, that breaks out, but i only get 1-2 small pimples at a time. i bought this because i heard about it on Youtube, and i wanted to try a tinted moisturizer that wasnt expensive. it was about $7 i think at Target, and i have used it every single day that ive had it(a few months). but keep in mind, it is a tinted moisturizer, so its not going to cover like a foundation(i still have to use concealer on any blemishes), so i would recomend to people who's skin is like mine. it's also very moisturizing, so i wouldnt reccomend to people who have oily or acne-prone skin, as i feel it might break them out. but try this!! you do have to set it, so i set mine with my covergirl clean oil control powder, and it works great(:

on 5/16/2012 3:17:00 PM

This works great for those days I just don't care to take the time with the entire makeup routine, namely weekends. Just enough coverage and feels light on my skin.