August 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Liquid Metal Eyes in Mercury

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 10:07:00 AM More reviews by inanis

I bought this years ago when it was being discontinued. It is so intense and stays on for hours, no primer needed. It doesn't blend well with other colors, but it does blend into the skin really well. It work best on it's own and I usually pair it simply with some black mascara. It's quite a shame that they discontinued it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2006 4:21:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have only a [generous] sample of this, since it was discontinued by the time I became aware of its existence.

It's beautiful, but NOT a product for the timid.

This can actually make you look like you have aluminum foil eyelids.

It makes a can't-overlook-it highlighter that lasts for hours and hours, even on unprimed oily lids.

I'll have to play with this some. I think it will look great[in small doses] with grays, though I can't imagine it ever being a daytime look for most people.

If I run out of this sample, I'm likely to buy another.
UPDATE: I took a lippie off and changed this to a "won't buy again," for the simple reason that I've found it difficult to work with. It made me late yesterday morning.

It's pretty,and if you want an uber-metallic look, this is your product. However, I think for shiny but wearable silver accents I'll probably go most often with UD's "Vapor" eyeshadow.
FINAL NOTE LATE JULY 2007: I scored a full-size of this when UD recently sold it in the R.I.P. section. I'll probably use it as a liner only because of its extreme intensity. It really works rather well under the lower lashes of my green eyes. I finally lost patience with the bewildering, accident-causing double ended tube container, and just dumped my "Mercury" into a sample jar, where I'm less likely to spill some. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2005 9:38:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! it totally looks like LIQUID MERCURY when wet!!! this is a gorgeous metallic silver when dry and when wet it's....well....LIQUID mercury!! i love this. The packaging could be better tho. What i did was buy one of the MAC pigment empty containers and poured the whole thing in there. Then i just use a brush to apply NOT the app it comes with!!.. IT's GORGEOUS!! and packaging IMPROVED! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2005 12:07:00 PM More reviews by geminiatwain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really bright metallic silver powder. Looking forward to trying it wet, was impressed with it dry - very metallic. You must be careful not to get any product on your face where you don't want it. Some fell under my eye and even a tiny bit is so shiny, that I couldn't get it off without having to reapply my foundation. Cute packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2004 12:51:00 AM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Umm...CAn you say "beautiful!"?
Try these Metal Eyes babies wet, honey! You won't be sorry! They are way cooler and shinier if you wet the applicator and then dip it. It stays on Forever! I love it ! YAAAY!!!!