November 24, 2014 | 1942 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Visibly Firm Night Cream with Copper

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by debi57

I love this product and felt it really did create firmness, particularly around my jaw area. A few years back I used it consistently. However, I then found it impossible to find. Since many of these reviews are pretty recent I am hopeful that Neutrogena reintroduced the product.

I was also crazy about the body lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by alicia2kate

I have the 2.25" jar with the copper screw-on top. The box says 'active copper' and 'new improved formula'. I purchased this in late 2010 so I'm not sure whether there is a difference in formula.
I use this almost every night after a shower on my face and neck. It has a very light scent and is not greasy. I use a small spatula to remove the amount I want so I don't need to dip a finger in.
I really like the blue color, scent, and the fact that it isn't greasy, yet moisturizing. I might purchase again, if I can locate it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Gita1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an underrated fantastic moisturizer. It contains copper peptide which is supposed to firm skin via collagen remodelling. I got it for that purpose but find that is is one of the best moisturizers ever. It does not need to be used just at night. I layer this all the time over other treatment products like retin-a. I don't detect fragrance in this. It is blue due to the copper ingredients. Neutrogena needs to make this line more widely available. There is serum also in line and it is great too. My skin stays moisturized for more than 24 hrs when I use this. It is luxurious and a wonderful cream. It is hard to find in stores but available on drugstore.com. I always come back to this.

Water, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexydecyl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Canola Oil, Squalane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polyacrylamide, Glyceryl Stearate, Copper Tripeptide, Allantoin, Nylon 12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Arginine HCl, PEG 75 Stearate, Ceteth 20, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Leaves my skin super soft. I wear it during the day too. Moisturizers with sunscreen tend to make my skin break out. So this one is perfect for day and night. It doesn't make me oily or break out. It also evens out my skin tone and texture. I've been using it for a little less than a week now. I will definitely buy it again. Although, I wish it came in a pump form, not a jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by xrtbell

This product does what it claims. Within about 2 weeks you will see improvement on your skin's firmness, texture and elasticity. Leaves no oily or thick heavy sensation on your face...within a minute you will feel that you have nothing on...perfect for a great night of sleep!

PS: Dont forget to apply to neck too

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by w5bjm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am usually skeptical about night creams that promise lifting, firming, etc.; but this one does deliver on those promises. While it is never going to make me look 35 again, I have noticed a difference in the firmness of my neck and face. I use this as a night cream over
Estee Lauder's Re-Nurtive serum and under my makeup, along with another product with sunscreen. I will buy this one again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by rigatoni28

I don't know about the firming qualities of this cream but it is too heavily perfumed for a night cream. If you are sensitive to fragrances then steer clear of this one unless you want to wake up with a headache. UPDATE - I have used about half of this now. I have also been using the Visibly Firm day time lotion. I will definitely not buy this again. The texture of my skin looks awful since I started using this. I am very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I don't know about the firming quality of this product, as I understand that it doesn't have enough copper in it to really make a difference, but I still like it a lot. It absorbs quickly into the skin, feels great, and definitely makes my skin look brighter and more hydrated. I hate feeling anything on my skin, but this product has never bothered me. I am not nuts about the jar (vs. a pump bottle), but I use a q-tip to get the cream out of the jar without contaminating it. The day lotion of this is good as well. My CVS has this at 50% off right now, so I'm guessing between writing this review and the big markdowns this product is doomed to be discontinued. Hopefully I'm wrong, but if not, stock up!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by NancyK421

I bought this a while ago, used for a bit and then it found itself in the back on my cupboard. I have recently begun reaching for it again, and using it in conjunction with my Obagi Tretinoin, have begun seeing some visible results.

I have terrible skin, have had terrible skin all my life from the time I hit puberty at 10. Acne was followed quickly by pitted scarring, that not even laser surgery or excisions have been able to help. Oily skin also led to large pores and to top it all off, laser surgery made melasma and hyperpigmentation worse while helping the scarring very little.

I even tried the Obagi skin care system, but that didn't help too much and now I'm scared to use it because of the warnings about hydroquinone making melasma rebound and come back darker.

So, I've devised my own system and am finally seeing some results for my skin issues. By alternating this Neutrogena Visibly Firm Night Cream with Copper (2 nights) with the Tretinoin (1 night), I am finally seeing my melasma start to fade, my pitted scarring has become a tiny bit shallower and my crow's feet are not as deep and long under my eyes. I've only been doing this for 3 weeks, but since I'd just about given up on anything working, I'm very pleased with the results so far. My skin tone is much brighter and healthier as well.

I have ordered a more active form of copper night cream, but am convinced that the Neutrogena one has been very beneficial in getting my skin prepped for a more active copper. If you are looking for a drugstore copper night cream, this is definitely the one to try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 8:43:00 AM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this cream..and I also use it as a makeup base believe it or not..its not greasy and actually makes my very oily skin look matte! Its amazing..worth every cent for this one!