January 27, 2015 | 1991 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustering

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2015 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Lustering is such a pretty and versatile shade I'm sure this one would suit just about everyone. On my fair skin and not very pigmented lips this lipstick when applied straight from the tube is a vibrant bright watermelon pink, when applied with a lip brush it comes off as a more muted watermelon pink. I love that it pairs so well with many makeup looks, is very wearable and a great all year around shade. I've experimented pairing this over a gold lipstick (Illamasqua - Melt) and love the milky sheeny/micro shimmer soft watermelon pink shade I get from this.

This lustre formula is very smooth, creamy and moisturising, it's a comfortable formula to have on, I find I get an average lasting distance from this one probably due to the creaminess.

My only negative and I have mostly noticed this with my Mac lippies is that in summer here when its really warm - these get really soft especially the lustre lipsticks and snap off the tube so easily - I have taken to storing them in the fridge. As I don't have another lipstick in this exact shade this is sure to be a repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 10:28:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Luster Finish is my favorite. Two swipes on my pigmented lips its nice pink lippie, nothing to get too excited about and can be duped easily. NC40 for ref...loving Girl About Town to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Sapphirecoqui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's one of my go to colors when I just want a soft pink. It's amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by tashi88

My HG lippy! Absolutely love this lipstick, never fails to pick me up. I have NC30-35 skin. I think this would just about suit everyone! Staying power is pretty low, but I do like to eat, drink, lick my lips. The lipstick is not drying and is easy to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by etc85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love it - but didn't.

There is nothing wrong with this, its a nice colour, nice formula, good scent. But there isn't anything special about this one for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by sweetfantastico

I am an NC40/42 and this is my day to day lipstick. It gives me just the right amount of colour, and as others have mentioned, it is buildable. The texture is great on my lips, fairly moisturising! Can't live without it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by januaryicecream

I absolutely love this lipstick. It's a pink watermelon shade that really suits my NC20-25 skin tone and brings colour to my face. The lustering formula is my favourite MAC lipstick formula so it was easier to love this colour. Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

oh, i think this may be the first MAC lipstick that really agrees with me.
the shade on my naturally mauve lips is a nice mauvy pink - it looks really clean on me! I know that's how MAC describes some of its shades online and i never got it until i applied this one!
the lasting power is fair - around couple of hours.
i find MAC lipsticks a little drying compared to say chanel or even NYX actually!
overall, i really really like this clean mauvey pink look.
the bad side? i think its a really common colour though, and probably coz of the pigemnetation of my lips therefore its a bit mauve. so probably lots of dupes out there for me, just i am pretty impressed by the "clean" look so i am still giving it a great rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by monty2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lipstick goes on nicely and a great shade of pink (watermelon has been mentioned and that's a good description). I'm in the minority but I do find it somewhat drying even with lip balm underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my favourite pink lipstick, its a bit sheer but still bright enough and doesn't look to fake/paint-like (something I hate in lipsticks!). Its a great colour and long wearing, slight sheen which helps it to apply smoothly and its also non-drying. I haven't had too much luck with any other MAC lipsticks as I find them either too bright/dark/obvious or it just looks as if I have nothing on, but this is the perfect balance.