April 17, 2014 | 1362 users online

Foundations - Lumene - Skin Supporter Makeup SPF8

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by quieromakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I needed more coverage and this stuff goes on like a tinted moisterizer. I have NC 15 skin and true peach looked orange on my skin. Felt like I was wearing a mask! never again!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by kkoby

Great product for the price. Nice coverage, not too greasy. Feels very nice. I'll buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 6:21:00 PM More reviews by ajansson

This foundation, in a stylish frosted glass bottle with a very good pump, is perfect for my skin. I'm Swedish and have the very pale skin associated with Scandinavia, so the Lumene brand is excellent for me. The foundation has a very nice texture, blends very well with the skin and is seamless. The lightreflecting pigments are discreet but works great to "lift" the skin's appearance. This foundation isn't only for "the mature woman" as it says on the packaging, it would fit most people I think. Reasonably priced too, around USD 14. I can really recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2003 5:30:00 AM More reviews by eka8098

I have been using this foundation for a few weeks now, and it seems to work quite well for me. My skin has been quite dry lately and this foundation formula seems to work quite well on dry skin.

I have this foundation in 30 Luminous Beige, and I am not sure whether it's the right shade for my skin. I have quite pale scandinavian skin, but I like to tan or wear some self-tanner. I had some trouble with picking out the right colour, it seemed to me like a lot of these shades had funny yellowish/peachy undertones..

This foundation comes in a lovely pump bottle which looks good and is extremely easy to use and hygenic as well. The coverage is quite sheer but flattering.

Will probably purchase this again, but maybe next time in a different shade.

EDIT: Since discovering L'real's translucide, won't be using this one again! Last time I tried to use this, I ended up looking like I was wearing a mask :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2003 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Zannah

The marketing for this says it's geared toward "the mature woman", but that's just marketing hogwash. Anyone can use this; in fact, it's probably best for younger women b/c it's light enough for combination-oily skins (non-greasy), and provides light coverage and a natural finish (older women typically want more moisture, and more coverage).

The shade i got (Sunny Cinnamon) worked well with my skintone, with only a very slight peachy tint. There were only 4 or 5 shades available, only for light and medium skintones (nothing for tan or darker tones). The SPF8 is in-part titanium dioxide (great), but everyone knows an SPF15 should be the minimum.

Comes in a lovely frosted glass bottle, with handy, modern pump (and you can control how much comes out). Overall, it works for an everyday, casual, light and natural look.