November 23, 2014 | 2112 users online

Lipstick - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lipstick in First Class

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Quite like this. On me it's a cool red with a slight fuchsia tinge - as other reviewers have noted. I find the texture quite creamy with a slight shine - not what I would have expected from a supposedly sheer product. I'd have liked it to be a bit lighter and glossier, as it looks and feels more 'done' than I wanted. Moderate staying power and the 'wear off' is much better on me than with most lipsticks I've tried. It kind of fades to a fairly even stain, rather than melting/drying/balling etc. It didn't wow me, but it's far from horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 7:21:00 PM More reviews by lonevoice

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! I have a lot of trouble getting true red in any finish of lipstick (matte, satin, or sheer). I need a deep blue-based red, otherwise the color turns either muddy brownish red or a pinkish rose on my cool tones. This color, as someone else already said, has fuchsia undertones. On me, the color stays true; a very flattering sheer red. The texture is smooth, doesn't feel drying, and seems longer lasting than many other, more expensive lippies. I've just started using it, so pending anything unforeseen, it just might be a HG sheer red lippie.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had been eying "First Class" for months until I caved in and picked it up. I am an enormous fan of sheer red glosses for that sweet "bitten" stain, and despite my well-stocked arsenal of sheer red glosses, I was wanting a product which would deliver the same color, but better staying power than a gloss. I have never met a sheer red lipstick which had been actually sheer - until now. "First Class" gives me the exact look I was looking for, a "bitten" shade of reddish-wine, which perks up the complection and wears well without any other makeup at all. The texture is virtually weightless, very balmy and comfortable. For fans of sheer reds, or for those who are just starting out with red lipsticks and are looking for a happy medium, this is a wonderful option.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2005 7:49:00 AM More reviews by TimaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

first class is a sheer, buildable red with definite fucsia undertones on me. as with all sheer red lippies, it provides the desired "bitten lips" which i personally always try to achieve. leaves an understated red stain. i wouldn't complain if it was a bit more moisturizing. all in all, a great everyday lipstick in a pretty silver packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2003 8:58:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been a big fan of Benefit lipsticks for a long time. I was so happy and excited when they released many new shades this fall. One of the first lipsticks I purchased was First Class. I was in the mood for a red lipstick and this shade fits perfectly in that category. First class is a gorgeous sheer red color. This is a clean red color to me - no obvious undertones of any kind just your basic beautiful red. I like the feel of Benefit's lipsticks they feel wonderfully moisturizing on my lips. The staying power is only average but that is the price I am willing to pay for sheer lipsticks. I am thrilled with this color and I know I will be wearing this color often.