LUSH Hot Milk Bubble Bar

3.0

on 5/11/2012 6:42:00 PM

What the heck, Lush?? I love creamy, spicy scents so was excited to try this based on the description. It doesn't even smell remotely like milk or spices at all. It took me a while to figure it out but to me it smells exactly like the aqua marina facial cleanser. Very weird. Kind of a soapy, calamine smell? This is one lush product that I didn't appreciate. The bubbles also lasted about 1 min. The water didn't feel or look any different.

on 3/2/2009 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

More like spoiled Milk. Yuck. This smells awful. All I can do is wrinkle up my nose.

on 2/24/2009 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first bubble bar, and I love it! The scent is nice, very mild especially compared to other Lush products, but it is a calming, warm spicy-milky scent. This produced tons of bubbles, and I only used 1/4 of the bar. I would definitely buy this one again! My skin smells really good, but the scent is not so strong that I can't layer lotion on with the Milk scent.

on 10/28/2008 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: This is my absolutely favorite I'm-really-cold-and-I-need-a-hot-bath-to-warm-up bubble bath (for want of a better word; it's not your typical liquid bath additive)! I'm not very good at describing scents, but to me this smells like warm rice pudding with a little cinnamon, very relaxing and comforting. It makes a large amount of fluffy bubbles and has no sparkles or floaty things.
Where did I buy this: I got this in a CP-swap, but you can buy it at a LUSH store or on www.lush.com.
Price: At about $7/bath, it's a little pricey. but I consider it a necessary winter-time treat.
Packaging: Plain ol' LUSH tissue paper; very average.
Would I buy again: You bet, and I already have, two times! continued >>

on 4/28/2008 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

The thought of bathing in milk was so interesting and I thought it would be beneficial bc I have very dry skin but it wasn't AT ALL. Big waste of money!!! I'm only going to use it again bc I have a lot left but I would not buy again. Number 1: it was hard to break up..i actually had to use a hammer lol, Number 2: the scent is pleasant but I did not smell milk ???, Number 3: the bubbles did not last...they actually disappeared as SOON as I stepped foot in the tub and finally I did not notice a difference in my skin...big waste of money...WARNING: do not get fooled by the description in the store or the pleasant smell of it...will cause major damage in wallet!!!!

on 3/28/2008 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

There was nothing spectacular about this product. In fact, I didn't really feel like it was all that bubbly - and I used the whole bar when it only says to use a 1/2. It didn't do anything for my skin - it feels soft, but not really soft. The smell isn't bad, it just isn't anything good either - I guess in a way it does smell like hot milk, but it also just smells like a generic soap. The bar I got cost $6-$7 and being that I had to use one bar for the whole bath, it wasn't worth it to take a $7 bubble bath. I think LUSH makes other bath products that are way better than this.

on 2/12/2008 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I looove Hot Milk! I got it free in the Boxing Day Blowout sale but I would deff pay full price for it if I had too! It was funny.. I had all these bath treatments that I got from Lush for Christmas and from Boxing Day, but I haven't used any of them yet. Anyway, last week I felt the flu coming on and I felt absolutely horrible, so I decided to have a bath with this. It was awesome! It really cleared me up and made me feel a lot better and happier. It didn't stain my tub either.

on 2/7/2008 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This was my first time trying any LUSH product and I was not disappointed! I initially discovered LUSH seven years ago while I was living in London. I remember trying several times to go in the shops there to browse their products, but every time I stepped in the place I was overwhelmed by all the highly scented products. I guess that was reason enough for me to overlook this brand for so long. I really enjoyed the Hot Milk bubble bar. I used half a bar and it created LOTS of silky bubbles that lasted throughout my entire bath. The fragrance was a nice surprise as well - doesn't smell quite like hot milk, though. I thought it smelled more like a high quality french soap - very clean smelling. Loved it and look forward to trying other LUSH products.

on 6/11/2007 4:10:00 PM

Hooray!! I love, love love it! Granted, this was my very first bubble bar (so far, I've been obsessing on the LUSH bath bombs), but it did not disappoint. I used only 1/3 of my bubble bar, dropped it under the running bath water and voila! I had so many bubbles, and they lasted the entire bath. The scent was divine, too. I didn't smell any of the coconut, but I really liked the fragrance. High marks for Hot Milk!

on 1/16/2007 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have only used this product once.
And yet, I can say this is the best bubble bath I have ever used! I gave up on bubble bath a long time ago, because the bubbles always disappeared so fast (ahem, Body Shop), and switched to the bath milk. But only one quarter of my Hot Milk bar held under the stream of water gave me more bubbles than water in the bathtub! And the fragrance was HEAVEN! It's like... if lemonade was made of roses somehow.. and yet mixed with fresh rain.....oh, I think it might be time for another bath....

Popular Bath Treatments