April 24, 2014 | 1834 users online

Self Tanners - Fake Bake - Self-Tanning Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Angie89XO

I LOVE this product! I ordered this off Ulta. It shipped faily quickly and when i first used this i had my friend try it with me so we could see the difference it made between the two of us. I was the first one to try it and i was in love! I have fair/med skin so i was very impressed that within seconds i was tan. It does not make you look orange. You do have to rub it in quickly or you will have some streaks. My friend though, is very very fair so she didn't get as dark as i did but when she was finished and i saw her it was unbelievable how much of a difference it made! I used to tan in a tanning bed and it would take me weeks to get a tan, and i got one in less than 5 minutes. I did take a shower the next day and it did fade a little but not by much i still had the tan. I would reccomend to reaply this twice a week. The only thing that i don't like is the price. I will repurchase this product and so will my friend. I hope you guys enjoyed this review. XOXO

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by P3p4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've just finished my first bottle of this. I wasn't that pleased with it. I expected better things and this had such good reviews.

I bought it for £16 off amazon, and it lasted me about a month using it only about 5 times. Twice for my whole body and three times for just my legs. I thought this was a little pathetic considering the price.

Then i would leave it on over night, for the colour to develop, however in the morning when I'd rinse off the top coat, it would leave me legs in basically the same colour they had been before i used it.

It didn't smell bad, and was easy to apply. Which were positive points.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Heatherlynntaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks good first time . Even after exfoliating it made me sporty in my arm creases,

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! Needs to be applied very carefully and thoroughly for the best results. Remember to wear gloves. This gives a much more natural glow than any other self tanner. Very bronze an very NOT orange. Kudos to that! Anyway the price is too damn high and that's my only issue. $30 bucks is a lot for such a small bottle. At least it comes with gloves and is a good product. Give it a try, even if you're very very pale because I'm pale and I didn't go orange AT ALL. In fact I was brown. Lol.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

(THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE FAIR VERSION)

I have only used this stuff once, and after seeing the result, I REALLY regret that I bought it.
It is pretty pricy, btw..

- It has a thick consistency and the colour looks almost grey. It's so hard to blend in (I use the gloves that comes with it) and once it dries, it gets sooo.. streeky? I can't explain it, but it looks so weird. Btw. it doesn't give you that healthy glow. To me, it looks like dirt or something instead, because of the greyish colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by eilidhdawn05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fake Bake Original.

One of the best tanning products i have ever used. Long lasting tan with no streaks however i have found the tan to lift off when i use a plaster. :(

Otherwise fantastic tan, will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by purplecrayons92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS SELF TANNER! When applied properly and in a decent amount, I got absolutely glowing results! It came out even and looked to natural! I love this product!! I don't think I will use any other self tanner from this day on!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by breeze1234

This review is for the Fake Bake FAIR. I'm not going to write a big long review, but rather have you read nikkchikk's. It's perfect and what I would have said. I've been self tanning a long time. My boyfriend normally refers to me as his oompah loompa all summer long, but not with this stuff. I'm ghostly pale with NO yellow. A cool undertone - what there is. If you're a total white chick and everything makes you look orange, give this a try. 4 lippies for the smell. It's strong but not horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by melissa1424335

This product wins an award in my book- for the WORST TANNER EVER. I have tried a lot of self-tanners over the years and nothing was as bad as this. I really gave it a good try, using it 3 or 4 times before quitting (I hated to waste the money!)

1) It's goopy, muddy, sloppy and hard to apply (and I have lots of experience applying a variety of self-tanners)
2) It smells like fake tan mixed with burning rubber
3) It doesn't matter if you stand in front of a fan for 30 minutes (which I have done), this stuff does not dry. At best, it goes from muddy to damp.
4) because it doesn't dry, it ruins your sheets
5) Hope you're sleeping alone, because you'll look like a ridiculous body builder wannabe after you put it on
6) when you shower the next day, 98% of the color you put on runs down the drain. Seriously, using Jergen's daily glow ONCE gives me more color than using this 2 days in a row.

I'm a sucker for packaging and the box was pretty, haha. That's about the only good thing about this product. How they get away charging over $30 for it, I do not know. I can name a half dozen drug-store quality tanners that work better than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by anaci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colour:
I find the colour to be very natural. It truly looks like I have been sitting out in the sun and does not look orange on me. As a base deposit I usually apply the lotion 2 nights in a row and then reply as needed. There is a colour guide which gives the instantly tanned look and it's too bad that it washes off because it looks good. The colour guide will transfer to clothing and bed sheets but it washes off. Also I find even after I have showered and removed the colour guide the self-tanner does rub off on my clothes. I also use this lotion on my face without any problems. I have dry skin so I apply a little bit of jojoba oil prior to adding the self-tanner for added moisture on my face.

Smell:
It doesn't smell great. It has a sour, chemical smell but it's not very strong and once I shower to get rid of the colour guide, it washes off. It doesn't appear to have any added fragrance which in my opinion is a plus. All self-tanners have a certain smell and when combined with a strong fragrance it can be nauseating.

Overall:
I recommend the lotion and will buy it again. As with all self-tanners, it's a bit of an inconvenience to apply but overall worth it for the colour it gives. Although I like the idea of the colour guide to make sure you don't miss any spots, I find it more of a nuisance. I would rate this lotion higher if it did not have it.