December 18, 2014 | 1821 users online

Moisturizers - Kiehl's - Abyssine cream

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have plenty of Kiehl's products but for some reason this isn't one of my favorites. It is just ok; the Midnight Recovery eye cream seems to go better with my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

Every time I use it my face feel sting, itchy and red, I keep using it until the bottle is empty, but still feel redness, it is not hydrating, never buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I love the abyssine eye cream....but I HATE this face cream. Im hugely disappointed.
What does this cream do for my face and neck?
1. leaves my face with a film of sticky grease
2. clogs up pores
3. worsens white heads
4. makes me dread using it

In desperation Im giving it to my husband for use on his Klingon forehead.

Never ever again. Why did the story have to end this way?

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by pkssyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have sensitive, combination Asian skin as was looking for an ultra-moisturizing cream for the dry winter months in Australia. I was told by the rep that this cream would be a great thick creamy moisturiser for the winter so I decided to try it out despite its hefty price tag.

After my first application, I felt a slight irritating tingle on my face but decided to ignore it as it wasnít causing me any pain Ė just a slight discomfort. I applied the cream a few more times and still got the same tingling feeling, but as I was not getting any rashes or irritations, I thought it was just how the cream worked. After a few days, my skin started to break out with red, painful pimples. I then stopped using the cream for a few days and started to notice I wasnít getting any new pimples and that my skin was beginning to go back to its normal state. The cream itself is a little thicker than the ultra facial moisturizer but I didnít see a lot of improvement on the dry patches around the side of my nose which was one of my main concerns.

I went back to the store to get this refunded as Iím not taking any more chances! Iím disappointed with this product as I have been using Kiehlsí Ultra Facial range for a while and have had no problems. In fact I love that range!

This hasnít really put me off Kiehls as I love their range, but I would save yourself time and money as this cream isnít really worth all the hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my go to creams for the spring and fall months. It is hydrating with a nice consistency. My skin has a nice clear glow after using it. My makeup goes on nicely over it. A definite repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by StaceySmith945

I got a sample of this from the Kiehls stand in my local nordstrom, They were out of the rosa artica sample so gave me this instead. Moisturized my skin without feeling greasy, but broke me out so badly. Sad because i really enjoyed this, but atleast I didn't buy the full sized tube and only had a free sample.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a free sample of this from Kiehls - and so ar I really like it alot. Medium weight - non-greasy - hydrating. I need to wait and use it a bit longer to see if it reduced the appearance of lines, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by QuilleyReturns

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

This was a gift from a friend here in MUA. My skin is maturing, meaning expression lines are starting to show, unusual dryness in some areas (I'm acne sensitive, so this combination is REALLY strange). This cream is lightweight, sinks right in, amkes my skin feel moist and calm and best of all, no breakouts. A little goes a long way, but even if I over-do it, it's all good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by fab50s

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fairly dry skin and have been using the cream with SPF 23 for about 5 months. Jar is almost empty, so that's not bad for value. While I wouldn't consider it a "treatment," it feels wonderful and leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. It provides broad-spectrum sun protection and that's what I'm looking for in a day moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by AngMore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is dry in the winter. I normally use Creme D'Elegance, or EVOO. Abyssine Cream+ didn't feel like it moisturized my face at all. My laugh lines are usually barely visible, but the next morning, after using Abyssine Cream+, my face was so dry, it looked like I spent a day in the sun without any sunscreen. I ordered it because I remembered being very impressed by Abyssine Eye Cream...Disappointed! Waste of $45.