October 1, 2014 | 1303 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Sea Moss Moisturizer with SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by kalennna

I have mild eczema so am very cautious about what I put on my face. I thought this product would b safe, being that it is a "natural" skin product. I found this very moisturizing but always left my face looking too oily within an hour or so. The smell is light and doesn't really bother me. However, every time I put this on my face stings for about a min or less and I start to get some red patches around. the stinging goes away but I'm starting to believe that this moisturizer is aggravating my skin. I will not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this moisturizer, but I think it's too light for me (even in the summer). I wish more moisturizers were packaged in a squeeze tube like this instead of jars. I would definitely buy this again because it's nice to have on hand, but I find myself re-applying this a lot because I feel like it's not moisturizing enough. The price is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by savoytruffle4

I LOVE this moisturizer! It is really creamy yet light, and it's not overly greasy like other face moisturizers with SPF typically are. This blends really well and the scent is pretty light! It reminds me of the beach. I hope they don't discontinue this!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by DieMyDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gave me acne after having battled for and achieving clear skin for the longest stretch of my life.
I use Olay original beauty fluid with zero breakouts (it actually cleared the mess this caused up), so I'm not sure what the deal is with alba...maybe the SPF?
This product is thin, which is a nice change from typical SPF moisturizers...but it definitely smells like sunscreen. It also leaves that sunscreen shine/glaze on your face. :/ I HAD to wear powder over it if I was going out!
Not too moisturizing...definitely didn't help with any of my super fine lines...maybe even made the worse, now that I think of it.
The price is higher than I wanted to pay, especially now, but I thought more natural=less risk of zits, prettier skin, right?! Nope...
But the lotion is thin, so I'm sure it would last quite a while.
Eh. :( Sad. I hate throwing stuff away when I'm trying to save $.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Goes on very light for an SPF. Is supposed to stimulate cell regeneration to help correct uneven tone and helps with that somewhat. Light and subtle fragrance that reminds me of the beach (but not in a yucky sunblock smell way.) It sort of smells like the ocean in a good way. (Sorry I'm not good at describing scents. ;-) No cones, yay (so no clogging of pores)! Most spf's and all lightening/evening products really bother my rosacea/sensitive skin quite a bit, and this one doesn't as much.

CONS: May be a con for some that it leaves just the slightest glow or feeling of moisture, but not actually oily. I like the moisture for my combo skin. ******EDIT: Ended up bothering my rosacea too much.*****

ALTERNATES: Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15 is moisturizing but not greasy at all. When I need 30 or above, I use Hawaiaan Tropic's Silk Hydration or some name like that (but it can clog me if I use it for more than a few days in a row, so I only use it when I'm going to be in the sun a lot that day).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I put this on my face/neck, and within a few minutes it gave me a rash all on my neck. I washed it off immediately. The texture of this product was a little greasy and did not asorb into my skin right away. I didn't leave it on long enough to see how it was through out the day, but I may try it again since I can't return it (I got it while on vacation).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by squishface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another miss. This is basically sunscreen with a little moisturizer in it. It smells like sunscreen and it's greasy like sunscreen. 15 minutes after applying, I can wipe a lot of it off the surface of my skin with a tissue.

I switched over from a highly-perfumed L'Oreal moisturizer with SPF because I liked the "natural" and "no animal testing" credentials. But unfortunately I'm going to have to stop using it.

The grease factor might be good for someone with really dry skin, but I have fair acne-prone skin (though not terribly oily) and it's just... bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by KPF760

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a big fan of Alba's sea plus renewal night cream. LOVE it. This smells very much the same as the night cream, but absorbs much quicker. It's a lotion, not a cream, so it's much lighter (expected). Immediately after applying it is still a bit oily, but not a bad oily in my opinion, just nourished. After about 10 minutes its fully absorbed and my face feels really moisturized and comfortable. This seems like a good moisturizer for dryer skin types, oily skin types might not like it. But for me, it's exactly what I wanted.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by karlababyx3

This is a good moisturizer but its too greasy for my liking, If i wear it during the day time my face is soooo oily within the next hour, However I have found it to be really great as a night time moisture, it really soaks into your skin while you sleep and my face looks flawless in the morning and not oily, it has a pleasant smell and is affordable but I probably wont buy it again Im just trying to finish this one up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

I picked this up on a whim at Target. I was simply looking for something with SPF, a light feel, and if I was lucky, some green tea in it.
This was the whole package! It soaks it so quickly and nicely after I use my Clarisonic, it protects my skin from the sun, and has a lovely smell. A little goes a long way and I use it only in the morning. It hasn't broken me out and I imagine the green tea (which has been clearing up my skin a lot) is to thank for that.
I'm a little skeptical of how "organic" this is, looking at the ingredient list, but I do really like the product.