August 20, 2014 | 1905 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in general

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the color, but seams I have to keep 'building' to get it to stay. Rubs off-I use a synthenic brush to apply. Boots No 7 cream blushes are so much better and at a much better price, $12 at Target and lasts all day. I won't buy Nars again. I gave it a 2 only because I like the shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For some reason I cannot wear powder blushes. They look chalky and I never get the application right. This is why I went hunting for a cream blush, it needed a strong colour that would look natural and powder never looked natural on me. So I bought without ever testing a NARS cream blush. The texture was not what I expected. Its actually very solid in the pan and tacky rather than silken. Despite this I persevered and tapped my fingers in the pan until it had some colour on. It goes on quite tacky as well and if you are not careful you'll end up with a solid dot of colour on your cheek. Yet despite all that and quite surprisingly it blends rather easily.

The colour payoff is fantastic and a single pan could last you years of daily use. The end result is a very pigmented yet natural looking blush. I have pale skin and wear constantinople, one of the more dramatic blush colours without a problem. Cream bkushes melt into my skin and make up for my horrible blending and application skills. They also last all day. Which is why I love them.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Sepolayla

Addicted to NARS blushes - have far too many, including five of the cream ones. I have Enchanted (orange highlighter - discontinued I think), Penny Lane (pink, but not too pink, pale pink - there's kinda a goldy undertone in there), Gold Member (yellow gold), Lokoum (medium toned wine purple) and Cactus Flower (red with a hint of gold).

Loves:
Colours - all of them are wearable. Even the insane gold when I put a bit of a tint on my pasty pale skin. They're all kind of warm which goes well with my skin tone.
Staying power - phenomenal.
Not sticky - but not that pesky cream to powder thing either. They stay looking natural like a cream, they don't go patchy powdery.
Blendability - superb.

Could be betters:
Colour range - look at how many powder blushes NARS does! Why is there such a limited selection of creams in this pan formula?
Texture - they're quite stiff. This has positives too. Means they're not sticky, means they have staying power. May also be the reason that they don't have a cream to powder feel? But does mean they can be a pain to apply with a brush. It can be difficult to get the right amount on a brush. Tap the brush in the pan, you got nothing on your bristles. Push/rub the brush in the pan, you wind up looking like a science experiment. I tend to apply these with fingers.

Overall, I do love them but if you're reading this wondering if you should buy your first cream blush from the NARS range then I would say no. Illamasqua cream blushes are better and they have a better colour range and you can usually them with brushes easily. I also really like cream blushes from Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden and Ellis Faas.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by FiendGirl138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for Lokum. Its a great color for me because I can wear it in the summer when I get very tan from the lake, and winter when I'm pale. I have yellowish/warm undertones (not asian) and med warm brown hair and eyes. Its my go to blush and I prefer to dot it on with my fingers then blend with a brush. I find Nars blushes to be quite long lasting even though my skin is combination to oily. I love how it can be built up without getting heavy looking. The price is great on these because they last forever!! I also have Cactus Flower and its super bright in the pan but sheers out to a nice, but glimmery, finish. I'm a huge fan of cream blushes and have tried so many brands from drugstore to ultra high end and I always go back to NARS.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by k9sportchick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nars cream blush in Orgasm is a goto product for me. I have to use cream blush because my skin is very dry. This stuff glides on smoothly and blends easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Msadams224

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked these blushes but after use they always give me bumps on my cheeks. I have dry sensitive skin so I think that it just has to do with my skin type. They're not full out blemishes, but bumps that are slightly visible that you can definitely feel. I still gave the product 4 lippies because I really love the color payoff and texture. Heck I still use it from time to time despite the bumps!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by TVNewsLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never liked a blush as much as I've liked this one. The cream base makes it go on easily and it has incredible staying power. I work outside a lot and it gives me coverage for several hours in the rain, wind, what have you. Only one suggestion, get a stipling brush if you're going to use this product. Otherwise, the hairs from your other brushes will become stuck in the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2003 6:28:00 PM More reviews by pakirani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first time I tried these blushes on, it didnt last. But the 2nd time, I patted rather than rubbed the blush and it lasted. The colors are gorgeous and give such a natural look to the skin. They are also quite pigmented so only a tiny bit is needed. The price is 22.50 like other NARS blushes but worth it! These are a bit creamy in the pan but take on a powder-y texture when applied. The three I have and I would recommend to everyone are: Constantinople (a matte rosy pink); lokuom (a rosy raspberry); and turkish red (a gorgeous red with a hint of coral). Btw, I'm an MMM with oily/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2003 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like these cream blushes, they are definitely more pigmented than stila CC. I did not notice any shimmer in these though--to me they are not like the multiples, they have less slip than the multiples and therefore stay on better. good product-recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2003 3:46:00 AM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just got a chance to see these at Saks. Here are my color takes

Turkish Red- warm/neutral real red
Constantinople-cool rose, on the neutral side
Lokoum- warm pink
Cassandre- brown pink

Regular nars blush packaging, size, actual quantity is less. No applicator, mirror inside black rubberized case.

The texture is cream to powder. Compared to multiples, more powdery. Compared to stila convertable colors, not nearly as greasy. Definitely more shimmery than stila CCs, about same shimmer as found in multiples, very subtle. Some darker colors look matte without shimmer, like the turkish red.

Blendability is high, texture in the pan is on the hard side for a cream product, not soft. This means lots of use, it won't run through quickly like some softer textured products where you need a lot for it to show up. It does turn powdery on the skin, doesn't sit and look oily like Stila CCs. great cream blush for oily skins. Drier skins will have problems blending without adequate pre-moisture.

Pigmentation is medium, about equivalent to multiples. In fact texture and application very similar to multiples in my opinion, lovely color range suitable for most skin tones, mostly rosey-based.Lokuom most similar to crazed without all the shimmer and more subdued but same family of pinky rasberry.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No