July 23, 2014 | 1855 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lumene - Absolute Away eye makeup remover

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by rallu

It does remove eye makeup but my eyes get very irritated and oily every time I use it. I threw it away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this one a lot. Does a good job removing all kinds of eye makeup even waterproof. Price is okay, no disgusting smell, doesn't sting in my eyes.
Will probably repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by gagajm

although it does work okay at removing eye makeup i was constantly getting irritated eyelids from this product, dry and flaky with an oily feel. i just finished the bottle and wont be purchasing ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by stomishi

This is a pretty good waterproof eye makeup remover. I just wish that I could find one that didn't leave any raccoon eyes (even when I wear black).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by suzyorchid

Overall a great product. For the price (I purchased it for $6-7) it is definitely better than some of the other drugstore brands. I have tried Almay, Loreal, Rimmel, Neutrogena. Compared to the more expensive brands I think it works just as well; high end brands I have used are Shiseido and Lancome. My lashes don't usually fall out when using the Lumene, although I have noticed that sometimes one or two does but I think its due to the waterproof mascara I sometimes use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this on sale for $2.99. I had high hopes for this product. It did remove my ey makeup but it was too oily and got into my eyes each time I used it. Returned it for a refund.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A couple of drops on a cotton pad or washcloth and a quick swipe across each eye completely removes my eyeshadow, liner and mascara. It is a little oily, but I just consider that a little extra under eye moisturizer.(haha) I like this just as good as Lancome/L'Oreal eye makeup removers. Such a small amount is used, this bottle is lasting a long, long time. I can't remember when I bought it, but likely this will last a full year to use up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by vintagehope

Like someone else mentioned, I figured I just had to live with waking up with some leftover waterproof mascara under my eyes after trying to get it all off the night before... no more! I am loving this stuff. Most eye makeup removers irritate my eyes - the only one I've been able to use consistently is L'Oreal. But this doesn't irritate me. However, I have experienced a few moments of blurry vision in one eye when I used too much, and I do find it extremely oily (at least compared to the L'Oreal). I don't mind it though - I should be washing/rinsing my face at night after taking off my eye makeup, and the residue from this just forces me to do it. :) Also like the packaging - the opening of the bottle is tiny, so you can't accidently pour out too much or spill it. That will help one bottle last me a long time. The price is right and it's a fantastically effective product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 12:05:00 PM More reviews by jeannex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a first-rate product, and the only acceptable thing i've found to replace the excellent-but-discontinued ponds bare and repair eye makeup remover. this removes everything, waterproof mascara included, with minimal work/cotton. it's oil-based, but doesn't leave your eye area greasy or your vision blurry or anything. plus it's cheap (ish) at $6 and has a nice turquoise bottle. highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2007 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Justina17

Correction I will NEVER buy this product again. I do like the blue bottle though.

I have been using Avon Effective Eye make up remover for over 10 years. I'm sorry but it's still the best. And now that I'm in my mid 30's I can appreciate the fact that it can remove all my make up without tugging at the delicate eye skin.

It sucks that I can only get it online and I have to wait.