Lumene Absolute Away eye makeup remover

4.1

on 9/18/2014 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

My bad, I wrote this in the 'waterproof' section. I just bought the waterproof one today actually, because I haven't seen Absolute Away in forever, but I haven't actually tried the waterproof one before now. As for this one, if it's still made, I used this stuff so many times. It worked, period. Back in the day I wore SO MUCH makeup and it took it off. I can ONLY use the kind of eye makeup removers with the two formulas you shake together. I love this stuff but I only found it at CVS and then I switched to other kinds (Neutrogena/CVS) but back to this brand again for now. But as I mentioned, I have *not* found this one in a long time, so I got the "waterproof" one to see if it compares to this. So far, they seem the same. Maybe it's just a new name.

on 9/29/2010 12:28:00 AM

It does remove eye makeup but my eyes get very irritated and oily every time I use it. I threw it away.

on 5/25/2010 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this one a lot. Does a good job removing all kinds of eye makeup even waterproof. Price is okay, no disgusting smell, doesn't sting in my eyes.
Will probably repurchase.

on 2/10/2009 7:12:00 PM

although it does work okay at removing eye makeup i was constantly getting irritated eyelids from this product, dry and flaky with an oily feel. i just finished the bottle and wont be purchasing ever again.

on 2/1/2009 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty good waterproof eye makeup remover. I just wish that I could find one that didn't leave any raccoon eyes (even when I wear black).

on 3/31/2008 6:06:00 PM

Overall a great product. For the price (I purchased it for $6-7) it is definitely better than some of the other drugstore brands. I have tried Almay, Loreal, Rimmel, Neutrogena. Compared to the more expensive brands I think it works just as well; high end brands I have used are Shiseido and Lancome. My lashes don't usually fall out when using the Lumene, although I have noticed that sometimes one or two does but I think its due to the waterproof mascara I sometimes use.

on 1/21/2008 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Got this on sale for $2.99. I had high hopes for this product. It did remove my ey makeup but it was too oily and got into my eyes each time I used it. Returned it for a refund.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A couple of drops on a cotton pad or washcloth and a quick swipe across each eye completely removes my eyeshadow, liner and mascara. It is a little oily, but I just consider that a little extra under eye moisturizer.(haha) I like this just as good as Lancome/L'Oreal eye makeup removers. Such a small amount is used, this bottle is lasting a long, long time. I can't remember when I bought it, but likely this will last a full year to use up.

on 10/28/2007 11:19:00 PM

Like someone else mentioned, I figured I just had to live with waking up with some leftover waterproof mascara under my eyes after trying to get it all off the night before... no more! I am loving this stuff. Most eye makeup removers irritate my eyes - the only one I've been able to use consistently is L'Oreal. But this doesn't irritate me. However, I have experienced a few moments of blurry vision in one eye when I used too much, and I do find it extremely oily (at least compared to the L'Oreal). I don't mind it though - I should be washing/rinsing my face at night after taking off my eye makeup, and the residue from this just forces me to do it. :) Also like the packaging - the opening of the bottle is tiny, so you can't accidently pour out too much or spill it. That will help one bottle last me a long time. The price is right and it's a fantastically effective product.

on 10/19/2007 12:05:00 PM

this is a first-rate product, and the only acceptable thing i've found to replace the excellent-but-discontinued ponds bare and repair eye makeup remover. this removes everything, waterproof mascara included, with minimal work/cotton. it's oil-based, but doesn't leave your eye area greasy or your vision blurry or anything. plus it's cheap (ish) at $6 and has a nice turquoise bottle. highly recommended!