Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara

3.5

The idea of this mascara is great. A tiny wand to really separate the lashes or to use on the bottom lashes. But I found the wand to be too flimsy and the formula wasn't enough for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works well for hard to reach corners and lower lashes

on 2/17/2015 7:12:00 PM

Best mascara fod bottom lashes and a tube will last for a couple years if that's all you're using it for. I only use it for the bottom. I use it on the top once just to see if i liked it but no

on 2/3/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

All Maybelline mascaras disappoint me. I saw all the wonderful reviews on this and was let down. I donít think I would repurchase and there are many better mascaraís out there. I am a loyal MF 2000 Calorie and CG SuperThick Lash user and always seem to go back to their mascaras.

Pros:
- Great brush for lower lashes
- $5.95 at Target
- Lengthening
- Provides some tightlining effects

Cons:
- Not a deep black color
- Makes lashes stiff
- Slight smudging under eyes
- Doesnít thicken lashes at all

on 1/5/2015 12:10:00 AM

Truly, I wanted to like this product. The brush is fantastic for getting as close as possible to the lash line. However, the formula is awful. Within an hour of putting this mascara on, it bleeds down under my eyes as well as on top of my lid. Sometimes I even find flakes of it on my cheeks. It does not stay put. I'm keeping the brush and throwing the mascara out. I do not plan to purchase again.

on 11/11/2014 6:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've had good luck with most Maybelline mascaras throughout the years (with the exception of the awful Great Lash), and this one is another great find. I like that the brush is very skinny which allows me to grab each lash and get good color coverage. The formula does an excellent job at lengthening, but not so much at volumizing. I do have one gripe about the brush handle design - it should be shorter! It's quite long, and that combined with the super skinny brush can make it a bit tricky to get precise, buildable application.

EDIT - minus one lippy for the tube drying out in less than 4 weeks.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

While my eyelashes on my left eye are brown, my eyelashes on my right eye are blonde.
I have a hard time covering up every little inch of blonde.
Until I found this mascara.
It allows me to get every little corner.
I love it.

on 9/29/2014 8:11:00 PM

I love this mini brush mascara! Having a petite face with small eyes, this little brush gets the job done. My only grip which is why I took 1 lippie off is that they no longer make this product in BROWN. I like a very natural look and when I owned the BROWN color in this mascara brand, it was perfection! Great defintion and great volume - no clumps or wear off.

I owned this mascara in both Brown and black. I prefer the brown, but used the black for special events to make my eyes pop. For some reason, I keep buying other brands of mascaras, and then come back to this one. It just works the best for the look I want and the price is so good.

Maybelline just needs to bring back the brown color and I would be in mascara heaven. Definetly would buy again.

** EDIT** Though I love this mascara, I need to use a makeup wipe AFTER I wash my face as there is a little black residue under my eye that did not completly wash off, even with soap placed on it. Not a big deal as I do that anyways before applying a toner, but still, one more step in the beauty routine. And this is NOT the waterproof formula either.

on 9/21/2014 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've figured out the best way to use this mascara, if you were unfortunate enough to buy it. Throw away the tube, because the formula is useless--it will smudge like crazy after just one hour. But wash off that brush, because it's a keeper! Best spoolie ever, in fact--will unclump, smooth out, and help curl your lashes. I use this with Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing mascara and it works like a dream. As for Maybelline mascaras, I think I'm done. They all smudge like crazy on me. Lash Stiletto was horrible, something in it made my eyes sting; Full 'n Soft was gorgeous but alas both waterproof and regular were a joke. I looked like a raccoon after 30 minutes.

on 8/7/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Holy cow, bigger is NOT better! I believe confession, in this case, is good for the soul and so I must confess for most of my life (and you can see my age group-so there whippersnappers!) I've believed mascara wands needed to be at least a largely decent size to do any good. I very casually read the previous review (apologies-memory fogged after even 2 minutes. Even with intent to credit said reviewer) and thought, well, lets give it a shot for s**ts and giggles! Picked up a Lash Discovery, brought it home, and the next morning....voila...suddenly all my sparse, light blond roots were covered in glorious black mascara. For the first time in my frigging life! And no blotches on my eyelid...also, almost for the first time in my life!! Mon dieu. And on me it doesn't smudge or flake off, so tis another glory there. LD is Not a great lengthening mascara, but personally I don't care. It gets to my blond roots, deposits a decent amount of color, and doesn't smudge on my eyelid. Halleluia!

I sympathize with those previous light lashed reviewers who got to experience the brown shade, and I completely agree it'd be just awesome if the brown came back. But for this Lash Discovery neophyte who has just discovered its sublime miniscule wand glories, I'll deal with the ultra black. Hell, I just bought 2 backups 'cause I'd be bereft if I ran out.