Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara

3.5

on 6/7/2015 10:39:00 AM

I used to use this mascara in high school. This comes in a regular and waterproof formula (both of which I used). The mascara wand for this product works very well at separating and defining lashes. I would not necessarily say that this is a lengthening product, but I prefer separation and definition with my lashes. I loved this mascara, but I am not sure if I would repurchase because of the ingredients list.

on 6/7/2015 10:34:00 AM

Sometimes bigger is not always better, and such is the case with this mascara. The mini brush makes it super easy to get every single little lash without get mascara all over your lids. Don't buy this expecting super big, voluminous, night time lashes though. This is definitely a more natural looking mascara. I think Maybelline may also be discontinuing this soon because it's getting harder and harder to find.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other

Confession time: I recently stop pulling my eyelashes (go me!) I never really cared about my lack of eyelashes, never stopped me from wearing other eye makeup. I rarely bothered with fake lashes. But it was time to let go of this nervous tick(mature adult reason), and I want to wear purple mascara (real reason).

As soon as I got the tiniest whisper of eyelashes, I started looking for mascara. Who knew you needed such big eyes and lashes to use most mascara brushes!? I thought mascara was to make short eyelashes longer? Guess not.

I heard about this mascara after googling "best lashes for short eyelashes" and bought it at Walgreens. Well, it worked. That tiny brush was just what these tiny lashes of mine needed.
However, the mascara clumps on me and I find myself using the brush with another mascara (Wet n Wild MegaProtein)

So maybe what I learned from buying this is that I need to buy short mascara brushes.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I liked this for my lower lashes since the wand is the perfect size!
I haven't seen it in Priceline recently, not sure if they stopped stocking it in Australia.

The idea of this mascara is great. A tiny wand to really separate the lashes or to use on the bottom lashes. But I found the wand to be too flimsy and the formula wasn't enough for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works well for hard to reach corners and lower lashes but dries out fast

on 2/17/2015 7:12:00 PM

Best mascara fod bottom lashes and a tube will last for a couple years if that's all you're using it for. I only use it for the bottom. I use it on the top once just to see if i liked it but no

on 2/3/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

All Maybelline mascaras disappoint me. I saw all the wonderful reviews on this and was let down. I donít think I would repurchase and there are many better mascaraís out there. I am a loyal MF 2000 Calorie and CG SuperThick Lash user and always seem to go back to their mascaras.

Pros:
- Great brush for lower lashes
- $5.95 at Target
- Lengthening
- Provides some tightlining effects

Cons:
- Not a deep black color
- Makes lashes stiff
- Slight smudging under eyes
- Doesnít thicken lashes at all

on 1/5/2015 12:10:00 AM

Truly, I wanted to like this product. The brush is fantastic for getting as close as possible to the lash line. However, the formula is awful. Within an hour of putting this mascara on, it bleeds down under my eyes as well as on top of my lid. Sometimes I even find flakes of it on my cheeks. It does not stay put. I'm keeping the brush and throwing the mascara out. I do not plan to purchase again.

on 11/11/2014 6:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've had good luck with most Maybelline mascaras throughout the years (with the exception of the awful Great Lash), and this one is another great find. I like that the brush is very skinny which allows me to grab each lash and get good color coverage. The formula does an excellent job at lengthening, but not so much at volumizing. I do have one gripe about the brush handle design - it should be shorter! It's quite long, and that combined with the super skinny brush can make it a bit tricky to get precise, buildable application.

EDIT - minus one lippy for the tube drying out in less than 4 weeks.