July 28, 2014 | 1782 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by DinaC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara has become an HG product for me. It's hard to find now, but I crouch down and search through the drugstore racks at CVS or Ulta until I find it. Why is it so good, and why have I repurchased it over and over again? Here are my reasons:
1. The brush is very very skinny and that makes it easier to get it right down into the base of my lashes to begin the sweep of mascara WITHOUT bumping the brush against my skin and smearing black mascara all over myself.
2. I have really fine, delicate lashes, and this skinny brush coats each individual lash, thickening and darkening each lash WITHOUT clumping bunches of lashes together. I end up with a denser looking fringe of lashes in the end.
3. I can also reach into the inner and outer corners of my eyes more easily with this tiny brush and get those almost-invisible hairs with precision.
4. I can go back and build on more layers without clumping or ending up with "tarantula leg" eyes.
5. The product has almost no smell, which is great.
6. While I'm wearing it, no matter how long my day is, it doesn't flake, smear, run, dissolve or evaporate on me. I can even take a nap in it and wake up looking fine.
7. The product is not too waxy, which to me is a plus. When it comes time to remove it, it comes off with makeup remover, eye makeup remover, or facial cleanser. I've never had any problems getting it to come off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by MaraBear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this masacara, it's my favorite. I use it on it's own, or as a base coat for Almay's Get Up and Grow when I want extra oomph. Lash Discovery has a micro brush so it gets all of the lashes evenly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I hate this mascara. The formula is so wet that it tries down my already long lashes like crazy. The brush is awkward, and allows for absolutely no definition, just clumpy lashes. This also has horrible staying power... It's as if it just evaporates within minutes of application. I can't say I could recommend this for anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does provide great length and the shape of the mascara wand lets you coat lashes you might not be able to get with a different wand. Easy to remove. I liked it at first, but find that it clumps and does not provide the natural look I am striving for.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by alyxo

Definitely a mascara I'll buy again. The brush is small, perfect or my small eyes, I don't like to wear heavy mascara that clumps up so this one does the job perfectly, leaving them curved and natural looking. The only issue is that a couple hours later I end up with smudges under my eye, but not biggie for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by tammyhegefeld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara!!! Being a makeup artist, I have tried tons of different mascaras and I have finally found my HG mascara!! Just keep in mind this mascara is more for length then for volume!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara for my bottom lashes. The brush is tiny, but I wish it were even smaller. It still doesn't get everything. It doesn't flake or smudge on me and separates the lashes. I do want to try some of the more high end (Clinique bottom lash) mascaras tho for comparison before I purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this from my sister at first and fell in love wih it. In fact, I got the waterproof version just two weeks ago and have been absolutely obsessed with it.

This mascara doesn't flake at all or smudge. It holds my curls super well and it seriously gets every last lash, no matter how short, to be noticeable. My lids are very oily and my short (Asian) lashes stick straight out and can never seem to hold their curl. This hold the curl all day and just adds so much. And for a whooping low price of $6, why not?

My only complaint is the fact that the wand doesn't pick up a lot of mascara at once and I have to keep redipping, but a brush that small can only hold whys expected so. Anyways, I will repurchase for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

It's a little smudgey. Perhaps the waterproof version is a better idea.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Gets every lash, looks natural and doesn't smudge, flake, clump or fade. Overall A+ mascara. This gets a big thumbs up in my book . I recommend to my friends. Not my HG but it is up there