December 21, 2014 | 1839 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had good luck with most Maybelline mascaras throughout the years (with the exception of the awful Great Lash), and this one is another great find. I like that the brush is very skinny which allows me to grab each lash and get good color coverage. The formula does an excellent job at lengthening, but not so much at volumizing. I do have one gripe about the brush handle design - it should be shorter! It's quite long, and that combined with the super skinny brush can make it a bit tricky to get precise, buildable application.

EDIT - minus one lippy for the tube drying out in less than 4 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by LyricNicole1125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

While my eyelashes on my left eye are brown, my eyelashes on my right eye are blonde.
I have a hard time covering up every little inch of blonde.
Until I found this mascara.
It allows me to get every little corner.
I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by BGutwein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mini brush mascara! Having a petite face with small eyes, this little brush gets the job done. My only grip which is why I took 1 lippie off is that they no longer make this product in BROWN. I like a very natural look and when I owned the BROWN color in this mascara brand, it was perfection! Great defintion and great volume - no clumps or wear off.

I owned this mascara in both Brown and black. I prefer the brown, but used the black for special events to make my eyes pop. For some reason, I keep buying other brands of mascaras, and then come back to this one. It just works the best for the look I want and the price is so good.

Maybelline just needs to bring back the brown color and I would be in mascara heaven. Definetly would buy again.

** EDIT** Though I love this mascara, I need to use a makeup wipe AFTER I wash my face as there is a little black residue under my eye that did not completly wash off, even with soap placed on it. Not a big deal as I do that anyways before applying a toner, but still, one more step in the beauty routine. And this is NOT the waterproof formula either.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Glvsmkp2002

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've figured out the best way to use this mascara, if you were unfortunate enough to buy it. Throw away the tube, because the formula is useless--it will smudge like crazy after just one hour. But wash off that brush, because it's a keeper! Best spoolie ever, in fact--will unclump, smooth out, and help curl your lashes. I use this with Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing mascara and it works like a dream. As for Maybelline mascaras, I think I'm done. They all smudge like crazy on me. Lash Stiletto was horrible, something in it made my eyes sting; Full 'n Soft was gorgeous but alas both waterproof and regular were a joke. I looked like a raccoon after 30 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy cow, bigger is NOT better! I believe confession, in this case, is good for the soul and so I must confess for most of my life (and you can see my age group-so there whippersnappers!) I've believed mascara wands needed to be at least a largely decent size to do any good. I very casually read the previous review (apologies-memory fogged after even 2 minutes. Even with intent to credit said reviewer) and thought, well, lets give it a shot for s**ts and giggles! Picked up a Lash Discovery, brought it home, and the next morning....voila...suddenly all my sparse, light blond roots were covered in glorious black mascara. For the first time in my frigging life! And no blotches on my eyelid...also, almost for the first time in my life!! Mon dieu. And on me it doesn't smudge or flake off, so tis another glory there. LD is Not a great lengthening mascara, but personally I don't care. It gets to my blond roots, deposits a decent amount of color, and doesn't smudge on my eyelid. Halleluia!

I sympathize with those previous light lashed reviewers who got to experience the brown shade, and I completely agree it'd be just awesome if the brown came back. But for this Lash Discovery neophyte who has just discovered its sublime miniscule wand glories, I'll deal with the ultra black. Hell, I just bought 2 backups 'cause I'd be bereft if I ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by DinaC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara has become an HG product for me. It's hard to find now, but I crouch down and search through the drugstore racks at CVS or Ulta until I find it. Why is it so good, and why have I repurchased it over and over again? Here are my reasons:
1. The brush is very very skinny and that makes it easier to get it right down into the base of my lashes to begin the sweep of mascara WITHOUT bumping the brush against my skin and smearing black mascara all over myself.
2. I have really fine, delicate lashes, and this skinny brush coats each individual lash, thickening and darkening each lash WITHOUT clumping bunches of lashes together. I end up with a denser looking fringe of lashes in the end.
3. I can also reach into the inner and outer corners of my eyes more easily with this tiny brush and get those almost-invisible hairs with precision.
4. I can go back and build on more layers without clumping or ending up with "tarantula leg" eyes.
5. The product has almost no smell, which is great.
6. While I'm wearing it, no matter how long my day is, it doesn't flake, smear, run, dissolve or evaporate on me. I can even take a nap in it and wake up looking fine.
7. The product is not too waxy, which to me is a plus. When it comes time to remove it, it comes off with makeup remover, eye makeup remover, or facial cleanser. I've never had any problems getting it to come off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by MaraBear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this masacara, it's my favorite. I use it on it's own, or as a base coat for Almay's Get Up and Grow when I want extra oomph. Lash Discovery has a micro brush so it gets all of the lashes evenly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I hate this mascara. The formula is so wet that it tries down my already long lashes like crazy. The brush is awkward, and allows for absolutely no definition, just clumpy lashes. This also has horrible staying power... It's as if it just evaporates within minutes of application. I can't say I could recommend this for anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does provide great length and the shape of the mascara wand lets you coat lashes you might not be able to get with a different wand. Easy to remove. I liked it at first, but find that it clumps and does not provide the natural look I am striving for.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by alyxo

Definitely a mascara I'll buy again. The brush is small, perfect or my small eyes, I don't like to wear heavy mascara that clumps up so this one does the job perfectly, leaving them curved and natural looking. The only issue is that a couple hours later I end up with smudges under my eye, but not biggie for me.