July 25, 2014 | 1805 users online

Cleansers - Lumene - Milky Touch cleansing milk

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tricksi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought this product did a decent job. I would rub it onto my skin and remove with wet cotton pads or a wet warm washcloth. I don't wear makeup too often so it did a fine job at removing daily grime. I think it is more suited for those with dry skin than those with combination or oily skin.
Unfortunately, I couldn't stand the smell of it! I don't know if it was just my bottle or what, but it stunk. So I ended up tossing it out with about 3/4ths of a bottle left. I got it on clearance so no great loss. I like the formula and would rebuy if it wasn't stinky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 2:10:00 AM More reviews by AddicTedtoMAC

I got this on clearance at CVS I think for like 99 cents, so it's not a total loss. I will not repurchase this because it did not remove ANY of my makeup and I don't use waterproof makeup or anything. I wet my face, applied this and rubbed it into my skin for a good minute or so and then rinsed. My makeup was still completely on my face, but just sort of smeared around. I had to rewash my skin with another cleanser. I will use this in the morning to wash my face just to use it up, but will not repurchase. If the cleanser doesn't remove my makeup, it's no use for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by twinmommy44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very gentle. Removes all of my makeup, and does not irritate my skin even though I use retinoids and Vit. C. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

I was intrigued to try this when I saw it in the clearance rack at CVS. This very rich, silky smooth cleansing lotion is fragrance-free and seems to really keep the moisture balance of my normal skin. Rinses clean and removes most traces of makeup. There is something to be said for fragrance-free cleansers and this one seems to be a good, basic one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy36

Just like the product's title, Milky Touch, this cleanser does have a creamy, gentle, milky feel. (contains milk proteins) It does not irritate my combo skin, and after two weeks of use I have had no breakouts. It removes my makeup, but I use a warm, wet washcloth to thoroughly remove all of the product and makeup. (don't use toner) If you use a lot of makeup, you may need a toner to feel really clean. I will repurchase because I believe that gentle cleansing is a step in the skin care regimen that is often overlooked. Harsh cleansers strip the lipid barrier. This cleanser is very gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by AmyWolfgang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I stumbled on this when I was face with some extreme dryness last winter. I bought the sample size of this and really liked how my skin reacted, even though I was terrified I'd break out. It is a little thicker than cetaphil, and imo is so much better. This is actually soothing to my skin but still managed to get my acne cream off in the morning. Now it's summer and I use it occasionally, it's nice after a day out in the sun. I've incorporated it into my pared down routine I've been following (dove soap, aspirin mask, jojoba oil,and olay complete sensitive skin for my SPF) I'd like to note that I use unscented sensitive skin baby wipes to remove my makeup and sunscreen before I wash, so I can't comment on it's ability to remove those.
I also like the packaging, seems so european and looks nice next to my plain ol dove soap hah!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Mochi

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. I got it on a whim a while ago (no CVS in SF, so I stock up when I'm at my parents' house) and finally got around to using it. I wish I had sooner! I was using it as a tissue-off cleanser at first and I like it that way (I generally prefer tissue-off cleansers because rinsing seems to dry my skin out) but one day I rinsed and now I love it even more. I use a thick, heavy sunscreen (LRP Anthelios creme) and I find this takes it all off no problem. I follow with the Milky Touch toner but I've skipped that step and not found myself with a face full of acne or anything, so I think the cleanser is really getting me clean. And it's so gentle. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by dayana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this cleanser for more than a year and never had a irritation, my skin IS very sensitive and reacts easily so I will recomended? yes!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2006 9:59:00 AM More reviews by supernatural_blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product because its very gentle. My skin didn't get irritated or break out because of it, and was very soft. But it also didn't do very much to improve my skin either. My face didn't feel as clean as I wanted when I was done washing, and a couple of times I wiped my face over with a towlette and there was still makeup or dirt on it. The tonic stuff does help with getting everything off, but I feel that the CLEANSER should CLEAN my skin, not the toner. Also my face had a tendency to feel greasy when I woke up in the morning, which it normally doesn't.
I recommend this product for people with dry skin and no acne.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2006 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this twice, maybe not the best for my oily skin but itīs a good cleanser anyway! It cleanses the face, without making it dry. I donīt have to use any moisturizer after using this cleanser. So for a dry-normal-sensitive face this works the best. Feels soft and has a mild scent. And the price, cheap.