Lancome Juicy Tubes - Manihi

4.6

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

How have I not reviewed this, my favorite Juicy Tube, before?! It saddens me that this particular JT is no longer available (and hasn't been for quite some time.) Out of my 25+ JTs, this is hands down my favorite - I even bought 3 of them, so I'd have back-ups. Now, when I first bought Manihi, I was not expecting to be so blown away. In the tube, it is a medium brown with a golden tint to it. So what, right? Oh, so very wrong I was. I have full, red lips, and Manihi seems to balance out and slightly tone down the color. It adds a slight gold shimmer, and classic JT glossiness (but seems slightly less glossy than other JTs). It's the perfect shade in that it can be dressed up or dressed down. Natural/no make up days? Slap this on sans a mirror and it will brighten your face and seem to make you glow! Special occasion? Pull together your look with this neutral, gorgeous golden-brown! And let's not forget about the fragrance: Manihi smells like caramel and chocolate and all things sinfully delicious. It's amazing. And honestly, after all these years (I can't even remember how long ago this came out, maybe 6 years ago?) it's held up well (all three tubes of it!)- it hasn't separated or changed consistency, the smell is still to die for, and the color is still just as gorgeous as ever. I hope one day Lancome re-releases this!

on 11/13/2008 8:54:00 PM

This juicy tube has remained on my top 5 for a few years! It is a pretty golden honey bronze, makes your lips look fabulous. The color just glows! The scent is delicious, which to me is toffee/caramel. I absolutely love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This Juicy Tube really surprised me! It looks very dark brown in the tube, and I am pretty fair. But on my pigmented lips, it looks shimmery and bronzey and not brown at all. Smells like chocolate, too. Yum :)

on 5/22/2007 6:45:00 PM

This shows up as a sheer golden bronze on my pigmented lips, and imparts great shine. I think the color is lovely, especially now that I am getting darker (NC30 and probably getting darker)...Great summer gloss! I usually don't like wearing l/g by itself (the huge exception being MAC Chromeglass in Metalberry), but this JT in Manihi is so pretty! I still don't like the stickiness of the JT formula, but I love the yummy mocha-caramel smell...

on 8/1/2006 11:40:00 PM

i'm very pale so i was initally intimidated by the color in the tube, but when you put it on it lightens up a lot and is very sheer. it smells like chocolate which i love, one of the best smelling jt's i've ever bought. overall i'm very impressed!

on 7/17/2006 6:33:00 PM

This sheer bronze is amazing for girls like me. I have green eyes, NC20 skin and gloden blonde hair. I dont tan much because i'm in canada, but with just a hint of a tan + this color on my lips, I look like I love summer. I hope they bring color this back. Smeels nice too.

on 7/16/2006 4:41:00 AM

I love Juicy Tubes! These longlasting ultra-shiny little masterpieces is the only lipglosses I ever wear. Manihi has the best smell of all JT! It smells exacly like Toblerone chocolate and Nutella, its a totally yummy scent (I have a bad sweet tooth :) ). Just because of that, this JT is worth to buy! In the tube, the color is bronzey with lots of tiny (not chunky at all) golden glitter . On the lips, its just gives a light golden glow. If I could get my hands on this again, I would for sure buy an other one. But sadly this has been discounted (got my on the swedish auktion site "Tradera"). Perfect for summer! continued >>

this colour was ok, but i just generally hate juicy tubes. they are ok for people who want a very natural sheer look but personally not for me. most juicy tubes go on quite clear. this one actually does have colour but like the others is too thick and sticky if i want something sheer but with actually some sort of a hint of colour i will use versace lights on lips- their shade V2061 A is a better version of this!!

on 5/24/2006 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Got this on discontinued shade eBay based on the reviews. Beautiful color. Smells great but was too "bronzey" for me (light olive). Will not repurchase. EDIT: I layrered this over Creme de marron and it looks fabulous. Very natural and great for the summer.

on 4/29/2006 6:13:00 PM

Manihi gloss is insanely delicious! I happened upon this just last month and love it so much, I immediately purchased another before they're all gone. . .(since it's LE and not longer found, it's only by luck that I managed to find a few on eBay!)

Smells like nutella and has a gorgeous bronzy color (still mostly sheer, but adds a tint of color to go with my more neutral eye shadows).

Definetly my favorite Juicy Tube. Lancome would highly profit by bringing this product back! continued >>

Popular Lip Glosses