Ginestet Botrytis

3.9

on 8/18/2015 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A fruited sweet amber, like amber fruitcake. Not unlike Ambre Russe if you subtracted the body musk and booze notes. Rich, sumptuous and decadent. Very very nice.

on 6/25/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I find this delicious. Honey and rum, not too boozy, very sweet, but for me it’s not overpowering or noxious on warm days. It reminds me of Noel au Balcon. It doesn’t have much development—the first dab of the sample vial smells the same as the lingering scent twelve hours later, which is fine by me because I usually love the dry down of fragrances, and this scent is like an all-day dry down.

on 5/5/2012 10:15:00 PM

Beautiful! Smells like quality, nothing artificial here. A sophisticated gourmand. Warm, sweet, spiced honey goodness with orange blossom stirred in. Yum!

on 3/5/2011 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. I received this as a sample from Luckyscent. Definitely suited for gorgeous , chilly fall evenings by the fire with a hot cup of hard cider . This must be what honey smells like in heaven.

on 12/12/2010 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Honey is a difficult note for me. Depending on body chemistry or temperature, it can be smelling great and then BAM - sour urine odor. Botrytis tempers the sweet acidity of honey with what smells like vanilla, tobacco and incense. I say "what smells like" because the official notes list contains honey, candied fruits, quince, pain d’epice and white flowers. My nose is either making up notes, or there are several that aren't listed. All I know is that this combination never goes sour on my skin. It stays warm and smooth, but honey is always the most prominent note. It's one of my favorite cool weather fragrances. I also think it has great lasting power for an eau de toilette.

Botrytis is such a seductive scent. I wear it mostly for myself, but men seem to find it intoxicating. It goes through a number of stages, warmed honey, fine cigar humidor, lush semi-sweet wine... not for everyone, certainly... but if you're looking for a super fragrance for fall/winter, this one is fantastic. The dry-down is like velvet.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh how I miss my Escada Collection. I've been searching for a replacement, with little hopes of finding one. I'd read about Ginestet Botrytis being similar, so -- with trepidation -- I ordered a vial from Lucky Scents.

Oh my. At first, when I sprayed this, I thought, "Ew, too sweet." But after about 10 minutes, when it started to dry down, I was elated, because on me, this smells almost exactly the way Escada Collection did. I ordered a full bottle from Lucky Scents tonight. Cannot wait.

Of course, I love sweet perfume, and mostly, it smells good on me with my skin chemistry. I could see where people who liked clean, summery scents would be turned off by this, but I can't wait to get my bottle in the mail. Amazing.

Oh how I love my beloved Botrytis! I bought the large bottle from luckyscent a few years ago and I fell instantly in love. I only like to wear this in the fall/winter...smells out of place in the spring/summer months. Every time I would wear this luscious perfume to work, coworkers would stop by my desk just to smell me : ) It has wonderful notes, of honey, candied fruits and I forget what else. To me, it smells mostly of honey, tobacco, candied fruits and a little vanilla. Lasts ALL day. I really can not say enough good things about it!! Highly recommend!

on 3/12/2010 5:58:00 PM

I purchased samples from LuckyScent (edt) and found this to be beautiful but absolutely no lasting power. This fragrance is too expensive not to last. It's good for 2-3 hours. I have to agree with another reviewer after a while the dry down becomes pure incense. I would consider buying this if it were in a edp and had longer lasting power.

on 1/14/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my all time fragrances for fall/winter. Botrytis and Chergui are HG for me for the colder months. Well worth the price. It's nothing like Lea, Frapin, or any other scent that has been mentioned in these reviews. {At least not to me.} Advice for all fragrances, always sample for yourself first.

Popular Fragrances