September 23, 2014 | 890 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Lokoum

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by ddsama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nars finally came to Singapore last November (YAY!!!) and I picked up 2 blushes (1 powder and 1 cream formulation) for S$50 (rounded up to US$41) each. That price is robbery since theyíre only US$27 each in the US, but since theyíre here (FINALLY!! Or again, I think) and since I offset S$30 using my accumulated rebate points, and hubs compensated me the 70 bucks as a gift, I wonít complain too much.

Another good reason I wonít complain too much is the ease of use. I disliked cream blushes and liquid foundation for a long time due to how theyíd melt on my oily skin, but my skinís since dried out a little with age and air-conditioning to approximate normal, and Iím enjoying non-powder formulations more. I use the Ecotools blush brush to apply to the apples of my cheeks and blend it out a bit. Iíve never tried applying with my fingers (or touching the product, even) but itís easy enough to work the colour with a brush. It remains a little wet after application, but quickly settles down after I apply some translucent powder over my face. Itís always hot and humid here, so my makeup does melt a little around noon, but dabbing oil and sweat away does not remove too much product.

The colour in the pan is vivid and looks more of a red mauve to me, or raspberry, as another reviewer wrote. Itís neutral, but slants a little cool, to my eye. I apply very sparingly, because you really donít need much, and blend out well, so on my skin (matched to MACís NC40 3 years ago when I was tanned, currently very near perfect match to 3.5 in Bobbi Brown and a good match to Laura Mercierís Sunny Beige) it leaves a soft rosiness. My skin is neutral, but warmish and the apples of my cheeks have some natural colour, so warm-toned blushes give me glowing clown cheeks. I find neutral, but slightly cool blushes work best on me for a natural daytime look, and Lokoum (I admit that I got this for the name as much as the colour) is great for that. Although I apply it so it doesnít pop as much as it could, the colour stays on well throughout the whole day from 7 a.m. though it does soften somewhat by evening. I do use primer, so I canít say how it would fare without.

In spite of the price, I may pony up the cash for this again, assuming I ever do hit pan. Really, the price is the biggest turnoff here, but the list of pros is longer: Great colour payoff, good workability, longlasting colour Ė besides the price, whatís not to love?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by rubybluecat1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for a few months now, and absolutely love it! I wasn't sure if I could pull off a rosy cheek, but it turns out I can. I've had numerous comments about how great and healthy I look whenever I wear this; so yes, it does a fantastic job at masking winter pallor!
I usually start with a light touch because it's easier to add more, than to take it away... My skin is quite light and I have blue eyes and medium brown hair, but from other reviews, it seems this is pretty versatile in terms of who can wear it.
I really try to avoid purchasing high end cosmetics wherever I can, but the quality of Nars blushes are hard to beat. They usually last me a long time though (1-2 years) so it's not so hard to justify.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by suezq22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

RIS recently in a swap, and all I can say is, wow! After purchasing many blushes over the years, I think this may just be the blush I have searching for all that time. The color is flattering and natural on my tanned olive skin, and the silky cream imparts a subtle glow. I believe this beautiful rosy color will see me through my "winter skin" as well. Doesn't matter what color clothing, this blush goes with everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by starburst1824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first cream blush, but I am in love with it and wish I had tried it out years ago! As someone with oily skin, I tend to stick with powder products, but I absolutely love the dewyness the cream blush gives off, it really pulls my entire look together & I get so many compliments! Definitely will be purchasing more cream blushes in the future!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

as much as I hate NARS packaging -- the gummy surface ugh.. I cannot ignore how great the actual products are.

I have used this blush for a few years and have almost hit pan -- I have my bu for it, but I heard that it would be disc.. now, I question that because I have seen it being used at some of the last NYFW shows -- and chances are it won't be discontinued -- maybe hopefully repackaged!

in all cases, if you don't have this.. get it, yes anyone with level 0 to level 5 skin can wear this colour and look splendid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by chrissyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lokoum has been my HG blush for a couple of years now. I was previously using Turkish Red, but I like that this gives an equally as rich hue, but is a more pinky red. It mimics and enhances my natural red flush perfectly and lasts a good 6-8 hrs before needing a bit of touch up (in a relatively humid climate, too).

I find the Bare Minerals "Heavenly" brush is ideal for applying cream blushes. It picks up just enough colour and covers the apples of the cheeks.

I couldn't find any good long-wearing NARS lippies to match, but have been pairing this blush with MAC Pro Longwear in "For Keeps". I find the combo makes me look natural, but polished.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I discovered this product during a makeup trial. I'd been eyeing it off and got the MUA to try it on me. She actually gushed at how well it suited me and I had to agree that it was the nicest of multiple products from different brands that I tried.

I have that dark south-east Asian skin and this blush (rose-raspberry with very subtle gold sparkles) is perfect. It brings out a very natural flush and looks gorgeous on. I apply this with my ring finger and dab a very small amount (very concentrated colour so apply gently) onto the apples of my cheeks and blend out. You do need to work reasonably quickly but it blends really well. I then brush a setting powder over the top to get a very natural 'blush from within' look.

At AU$60 this is hideously expensive but I'm reasonably certain it's going to last me years. With the Australian dollar what it is at the moment, I'm seriously considering getting this online (about US$25) just in case I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by beginning11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect blush to add natural color and highlight cheekbones! Love it...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Texasbrian14

A must have in my makeup kit and possibly one of the few products that I could not live without. Sheer down or build up the color with a brush or finger tips. Over powder foundation for longer lasting potential. Dab on the lips as well for a rosy natural lip color. GOING TO PURCHASE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN !!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by recoll

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this blush for almost 5 years. Yes. The same container. The quality is the same today as the day I bought it. The color is beautiful on my olive skin. Very natural looking. I apply it rather heavy. I layer a light powder on top - Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil or Bobbi Brown yellow powder. The brightness normalizes and the blush wears well all day in cooler weather. It has a slight shimmer which I notice in my magnifying mirror and the car rear view mirror. I would prefer no shimmer, so my next cream blush may be Bobbi Brown.