July 31, 2014 | 1240 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ceire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best eye shadows around, last ages and come in great colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think smashbox must have reformulated their eyeshadows because they have improved a great deal. I had purchased smashbox eye shadow trios in the past and stopped because although I thought the colours were pretty I found the quality to be sub par in comparison to other shadows in this price range. The trios were not very pigmented, didn't last at all (like 1 hour tops before fading into oblivion) and rather dusty (that is the only way I can think to describe it) and I had vowed not to purchase smashbox eyeshadow again. I few weeks ago my local SDM was having a bogo offer on select smashbox products. By the time I got to the store only the eyeshadows were left. I was going to walk away empty handed when the SA told me they had reformulated the eyeshadows. I decided to give it a try and I am soo glad I did. These new shadows are wonderful!

Pros:
- Smooth texture.
- Highly pigmented
- Long lasting (8 hours plus with NO PRIMER)
- blend well and easily.

Cons:
- Limited colour selection.

The new shadows are just so soft and smooth, very luxurious feel and I cannot get over how pigmented and long lasting they are! I don't know what they did but they definitely did it right! I will be purchasing more and repurchasing when my originals run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

This review is for the eyeshadow collection that comes with the Smashbox Limitless Collection. This collection, overall, was a bit disappointing based on what I received for the cost, however I do like the eyeshadow quint. There is a mix of shimmery and matte colors in the shadow quint which makes it one that I grab often. There is a pretty matte vanilla-creme color that I often use on my browbone or as an inner eye accent. The next color in the pallette is a gold shimmery shade that is very versatile. It looks okay on the lid but must be blended well or it looks way too 70s. Today I used it lightly on my whole upper lid. The next color is a shimmery plum--it's very pretty on my lids and brings out the blue in my eyes. It could also be used in the crease. Then there is a light taupe with a slight shimmer which is nicely worn on the lid or used as an accent shade. The last color in the quint is a matte dark brown that looks beautiful in the crease or "V." It also looks nice on my rather large lids--the darker, matte color diminishes them a little and gives a nice, clean look. This color is also nicely used with a liner brush to line my lashes. Any of the darker shades in this pallette could be used wet as liners/shadows, too. Overall this is a nice product but I have found Smashbox products to be way overpriced and overrated when compared to the gems you can find at discount or drugstores. The Limitless liner is easlier duped with Milani Liquif'eye or I prefer E.L. Double Wear E.L. The lipgloss is gluey and smells synthetic--it's very sticky on but I guess that's what makes it last longer. The blush is okay but not spectacular. I do like the brushes that came with this set. The primer is way overpriced for the same quality I can get from mark or even Monistat for that matter, however I don't use primer very often. The eyeshadow in the Limitless collection is the best part of this collection IMHO.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

I am sad to give this review because the products are semi-affordable and come out with amazing all inclusive kits. The shadow is the only thing I dislike. It is really powdery and goes everywhere but my lid. I can see going all over the place like babypowder. The colors seem so pretty in the pan, but they are so light that it takes a ton of it to show any color on my lids. It is so powdery that as the day goes on I end up getting dry, irritated eyes. I wish I loved this shadow! I will stick with the eyeliners though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

These eyeshadows are a bit of a disappointment to me. Not as pigmented as I would like, everytime I would try to build up the colour, the shimmer would build up even more. good thing is, it's not crumbly, therefore not much fall out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by AmberSkyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These aren't horrible, but for the price they need to be GREAT, which they are not. These are very dusty, and don't have much staying power. Also, if you drop the pot just once, it's going to break. It seems the formula is a very cheap one, although you're paying top bucks for it. I'm sticking with my mac and makeupforever shadows. Sorry smashbox, these are a miss for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by iuhooch625

I'm so happy to discover Smashbox eyeshadows. They are amazing. I went back and bought several more after my first purchase, both in the singles and the trios, and the colors are beautiful. These shadows are highly pigmented, blend like a dream and stay put all day without primer. I've never been so impressed with an eyeshadow. Worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by slidinstop

I purchased a single e/s in 'Minx', in the pot it has an eggplant hue, and when applied it's a lovely dusty purple with bronzy undertones. I wouldn't really call this color a shimmer so much as a satin. You can do the lightest wash of color to a very intense smokey eye depending upon type of brush used when apply. It's very blendable, lasts all day without creasing (I do wear an e/s base) whether outdoors in the heat, humidity or wind and doesn't wear off or fade. I will definately add more of Smashboxes eyeshadows to my collection... LOVE them!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the shadow trio Glow On that was part of the Smashbox Beauty Resolutions kit at Sephora. The shades are all shimmery- white gold, sandy brown, and muted midtone pink. The colors are slightly less vibrant than I expected, but the wear is great.They blend beautifully and compliment my blue-grey eyes. This trio is great for a soft, neutral eye, and based on this trio, I would repurchase Smashbox shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Smashbox shadows! The pigmentation is great on most of them, and they're smooth and buttery to put on. However, there are some shades that I would steer clear from.