April 21, 2014 | 1505 users online

Eye Shadow - Rimmel - Equinox (Metallic Eye Gloss)

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this at a market here in Australia and it was $4. I remember watching a video on YouTube for a 'black smokey eye glossy look' where they used an eye gloss on top of the black smokey eye and it looked great. I generally look up reviews on makeup products before I buy them but as this was inexpensive, I thought that it wouldn't hurt to buy it and hope for the best. I'm not sure if it's because it's old stock (market stalls generally sell discontinued or makeup that is old) that gives it an AWFUL smell. It literally smells like crayons - gross! I did try this on my lid for a few minutes - on top of a bronze smokey eye that I had on earlier that day but it looked a bit odd. Sure, the glitters seemed nice but they weren't that noticeable and the glossy looked seemed a bit weird. However, I guess it may also be because I applied black gloss over bronze eyeshadow. Overall though, I don't really like this product. I may give it another go but I don't think it'll be on a look I'll wear out at first - in case it does crease or make my makeup look awful. I would not buy this product again though as I doubt it will get much use anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 4:03:00 PM More reviews by pikescat

Looove this eye gloss. It's black and contains big silver sparkles that do show up once applied on the lid. Although it looks pretty dark in the pan, it's much lighter and more grey-ish on the eyes. Great for an easy smoky eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2004 7:47:00 PM More reviews by honeylocs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot! It is kinda sorta sticky, but it makes me feel sexy in a rock star girl way! It is sheer, looks like dark gray wet shine over my eyes. Sometimes, I blend it in for a satiny feel and look, but most of the time, I leave it shiny and sticky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2004 8:56:00 AM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have these in a ton of colors. I love them soooooooo much. For the price their great, better than most pricey brands. However, on it's own Equinox is not that great. Applied as a base or over another shadow it'll work. Way to sheer to be used on it's own, also creases like hell on it's own.