November 25, 2014 | 1862 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - Champs Elysees

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by cjmeyers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the only sweet/floral perfumes I own. I much prefer warmer scents, but this has become one of my go-to perfumes for the spring and summer. I love that it is a more sophisticated floral scent instead of the candy-sweet scents. The note that stands out most to me is the rose, but it isn't your typical rose scent. It is tempered by whatever other deliciousness is going on in there! The staying power is decent. It doesn't last all day on my skin but it does on clothing. I will definitely keep purchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by agnebai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased my third bottle of Champs Elysees by Guerlain last month. It has been my favorite for about 5 years now. Depending on my mood and occasion, I use several other fragrances too, but I definitely receive most compliments when I wear Champs Elysees!
I am bad at detecting notes, but the first thoughts that come to my mind when I smell it: very feminine, sexy, expensive. The fragrance is simple, but at the same time very classy.
I am surprised to see many negative reviews of Champs Elysees... This is the only perfume I ever wore and was asked by other people what it was because they thought the smell was gorgeous on me! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by chocolatecadre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my signature for a small forever (possibly going on 10 years, makes you feel old), but I'm thinking of switching things up a bit.

I've always used the EDT, so perhaps EDP would be better, but here are my experiences about the EDT:

It's a nice, youthful, classy floral that makes me feel just the tiniest bit more feminine and beautiful when stepping outside. However, the EDT's scent wears off embarrassingly quickly, so you're in a dilemma - do you spray on too much and risk giving other people more scent wafting around you than anybody would like, or do you use the usual amount and then just consign to not having the scent on you for longer than 4 hours or so? It's a dilemma. I do love a small spritz of it on my scarves and the like.

I'm starting to think I would personally like a new scent that's just as classy as this one, but has a bit more kick, a lot more staying power, and perhaps more exoticism. I would, however, recommend this to people who want a youthful scent that is floral but isn't too sweet.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had this one forever. It is a lovely cloud of soft floral goodness when I am in the mood for a spring time scent. I do agree it is atypical of Guerlain so I understand that the shade many people throw this one. Compared to the other complex Masterpieces from the house this is like a ditsy and sunny random cousin. Still I love it on occasion I adore it and will always have a bottle on standby.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by mhubbard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a boring and generic type floral. Inoffensive but dull and not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For Guerlain this is a rather uninteresting fragrance. Its feminine and summery, sweet and a little lemony at first. There really is nothing horrible about it, its rather pleasing. But when you expect so much from a perfumery like Guerlain you almost want to forgot you knew about.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by lucinka01

Love it for spring. Refined mimosa scent reminds me on Kenzo by summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I think it is a pleasant lovely scent. The end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

This is my signature fragrance. That statement, stated right at the very beginning of yet another amorous letter to my beloved. I will get poetic on you here. You have been warned.

I read in another review here that Luca Turin called this fragrance a disgrace to the house of Guerlain. Well, someone needs to tell Mr. Turin that writing about perfume is like dancing about architecture. Any fragrance aficionado can scream the glorious complexities of Chanel No. 5, Shalimar, and Fracas until they are blue in the face (which they have, and just won't STOP ALREADY), but while No. 5 has it's place in my life, I don't generally care for those "classics". I don't like aldehydes (exception: Arpege, by Lanvin), generally don't enjoy chypres, and hate feeling like I'm being smashed in the face with a bouquet of gardenias for eight hours (I AM TALKING TO YOU, JEAN PATOU). Many agree with me, and that's why fragrances aren't made like those anymore, okay? Get over it.

I'll agree with reviewers who described CE's opening as "sharp". Yes, it's quite like having a debutante shrouded in 50 yards of pink organza bounce into the room and start squealing. Oh yes, there's that synthetic floral blast that once made my co-workers exclaim, "What smells like shampoo?" But, wait. She'll mature into a sexy 30ish woman in a LBD in about an hour. I should note that I started wearing CE when I WAS that debutante (about 19 years old), and it always smelled like the woman I wanted to be: poised, adventurous, cosmopolitan, intelligent and articulate. The flowers shrink down to non-Alice-In-Wonderland size and the almond surrounds them in a delicate haze. To me, CE smells its most glorious when nurtured by my own body heat after a leisurely nap, when I wake up to find that sophisticated lady is still there, perhaps reading Proust as I dream.

28 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by beaglebaileysmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells okay, but it is identical to Black Lace by (the dreaded) Dana, of which I bought a 2.0 ounce bottle for $2 at Big Lots a few months ago. So to me, it smells cheap. Granted, Black Lace disappears quickly, and this has some staying power. I wish I had found this first so I could be wowed by the inexpensive dupe that Black Lace is! LOL. But since I didn't, I can't wear this without feeling like I'm wearing bargain-bin drugstore cheap stuff. 12/31/2011 EDIT: I just realized Disney's Rapunzel eau de toilette that my daughter got for Christmas also smells like Champs Elysees. Bummer...I so wanted CE to smell expensive like others have said. :(