April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Way too waxy and sticky, doesn't adsorb well at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by DamenesGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am currently using this hand cream and it is my second jar.

A tiny amount is needed for each application otherwise yes it will make your hands feel greasy.

Absorbs quickly and has a strong pleasant smell, it smells more like those banana candy chewy sweets we get here in the U.K rather than an actual banana but I like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It felt like I was rubbing tallow on myself, husband compared it to putty. It's smells weird, slightly sour. I can't get over the awful texture and smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Ello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cream. It is expensive for the price, but for a natural hand cream that smells good and works well...you probable can't beat the price. I paid around $9.00 for the small jar a Whole Foods. I keep the cream on my desk at work at all times. My hands get really dry quickly from filing paperwork and typing constantly. I will be repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by orlmente

This is good for someone with really dry hands. When my hands get sore and dry from winter or just washing them too much, this works pretty well. Its very thick and waxy so if you don't like that greasy feeling it's best to use this right before bedtime. I find it spreads out better when I scoop some out and let it warm up in my hand first rather than trying to rub it in right away. I won't repurchase this because I don't like the smell of banana and most of the time I don't need a hand creme this heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit surprised at all the negativity towards this product! I personally love it! It smells amazing! It's a natural scent so it's usable for those with sensitive skin like me, it doesn't irritate at all. It is quite a rich, heavy and moisturising hand cream and I'd only really recommend it for people with dry skin. For my hands, which get easily dry and cracked.. This is a godsend! You also only need the 'tiniest' bit. I think people may be using too much. When using this amount, I find that it absorbs pretty quickly and with only the slightest greasy feeling. To be honest, any hand cream this moisturising is going to have some greasy feel to it. I find it really difficult to find a hand cream that moisturises my hands sufficiently, even though most suit others fine. I think the price is good value too for a product that has natural ingredients and the product should last a really long time, I just hope it doesn't go off too quick. I'm taking off one lippy because I wish it would be a little easier to spread, but I guess that is due to it's texture. I usually rub it in together with a cheap, less moisturising hand cream to help it spread easier. That step may bother others but I really don't mind.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by megsbergman

Heavy, sticky and gets bad really quickly! This big jar should be good for couple of months - instead after a short time it gets that old gone off smell...
I also have a feeling it doesn't get absorbed too well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

The quick and dirty: It's not moisturizing enough - it's way too waxy! It just sat on my hands - they felt waxy and dry simultaneously. I could literally touch dry patches of skin even with a thick layer of product just sitting on my hands. Also, it comes in a glass jar, which is unsanitary and potentially unsafe. I gave it 2 lippies because I loved the smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didn't care much for the scent or the cream. Yes, it is super greasy. Doesn't spread easily and too expensive for the larger jar. Luckily, I bought the tester kit

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all I really like the packaging, it's very attractive to look at and catches your eye.
Although it is heavy and I wouldn't like to have it in my bag as it would take up a lot of space and would weigh my bag down.
The smell is amazing, it's so good that I wish I could eat it.
The texture in the pot is really creamy and feels lovely on your hands at first but unfortunately leaves a oily finish and doesn't dry very fast so I don't use it very much anymore.