August 1, 2014 | 1896 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes Dry/Sensitive Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are heavily scented, so if your skin is somewhat sensitive, beware. I cannot use them on my face, so they are relegated to cleaning my makeup area and removing swatches. Rather than these, I would recommend the unscented ones (in the natural range I think) which are great and non irritating.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by rosiejnes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

LOVE THESE WIPES! I had just recently had a crisis whereby my skin became flakey and dry because I had used the wrong makeup wipes and so I really needed some soft and gentle cleansing wipes by a brand I could trust - THESE ARE AMAZING, I WILL NEVER STOP USING THESE!l

I honestly have no idea why the reviews are so bad on here, honestly - I could not find a single fault with these wipes AND my skin is naturally dry so, um, I have no idea what you other people are going on about.

I would recommend these to anyone and everyone, my HOLY GRAIL wipes! love them xx

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by emilyh8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I did not like these makeup remover wipes at all. I found the wipes themself very dry even though the package was kept closed, because they were so dry it irritated my skin when I dragged it along my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by UniJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have sensitive or dry skin, mainly combination, but I bought this because I thought it would be more gentle to my skin. Truth is, it smells flippin' good! It cleans away all of my makeup nicely (even waterproof!), and gives a soft, moisturised sensation. I also tried the one meant for normal skin, it honestly works the same but I just like this smell better... It's great when you're on a road trip and can't do the three step regime (cleanse, tone, moisturise) cus of limited resources. Carrying this handy bag of wipes around is definitely more convenient! Right now Im using the Simple wipes as an alternative, though they work the same too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are so easy to use and refreshing on your face.
They glide easily and it makes my skin feel soft and cleansed.
I was not irritated at all by these wipes, I find it gentle enough to be a eye make up remover as well, even waterproof make up comes off with ease.
Only bad thing is the packaging, I wish there was a better lid as they can dry out easily if you accidentally leave it open.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by alyria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought these primarily because I already love the scent of the pink-packaged Nivea products: a soft, floral scent with a hint of fresh citrus. Somehow, the scent is calming and soothing and refreshing all at the same time. I found these wipes a lot drier than the average makeup removing wipe, which I didn't love. They weren't bone dry, but I wouldn't describe them as soaked or damp. The cloth wasn't super soft to the touch since it was on the dry side - I would compare the texture to a dryer sheet after it has been tumbled in the dryer. However, the cloth was extremely gentle on the skin and didn't irritate at all. The wipe was effective at removing face makeup, consisting of primer, concealer, liquid foundation, pressed powder and mineral foundation (yikes!) I use a separate eye makeup remover. What surprised me the most was that there was no residue at all after removal! I didn't feel any slipperiness or that dry-oil texture that sometimes remains after using a wipe. I normally follow with a cleanser, but with these wipes I won't have to. These were priced about $1 CDN lower than other major brands, for the same 25-count pack. I would buy them again because I love the subtle scent, they are gentle on the skin and remove makeup effectively with no residue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love these wipes. They smell so nice and are so gentle. My skin feels so smooth and relaxed after using this. It doesn't remove the make-up completely but I've never used a wipe that does. And it doesn't leave any residue behind, it feels as if you just washed your face with water and wiped it with a towel.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by MiaRayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've read through the other reviews done on these wipes and it seems to me that it really all depends on the skin type that really determines how well these wipes work for you.

Personally, I thought these wipes worked really well and moisturizing my dry skin and they didn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. The smell was also incredibly pleasing and made me feel all clean and, in a way, the smell was refreshing.

To remove my makeup, which is really only ever found on my eyes and not much place else, I always turn to wipes. I just find that wipes are so much easier and more convenient to carry around on the go in case of emergencies. So quality is always really important to me and also how quickly they remove makeup. It was this aspect of the wipes that really let me down. I always seemed to find myself standing in front of the mirror for at least 15 minutes every night just trying to get my easy-to-remove eye makeup off, which would usually come off after no more than 2 minutes of wiping if I was using another product.

Overall, I was pretty happy, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy it again because I know that there is definitely a better product out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by alee26

My skin is oily, but is somewhat sensitive so I thought these would be good for me. Clearly not since they stung badly especially on my cheeks and eye area. Do not recommend!! They did take off my makeup fairly well though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

These wipes really irritated my skin! It made my skin a bit red after using these and the wipes have a very strong scent. They take off the majority of my makeup; foundation, lipgloss/lipstick but had a tough time taking off liquid eyeliner and waterproof mascara. Wouldn't buy again as they sting really badly.