September 22, 2014 | 1268 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Cool Effects Liner/Shadow

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by uwushuwereme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I applied this as liner on my lower lashline and my eyes started burning and watering! Within 5 minutes it had run all the way down my cheeks and there was none left on my eye! Never buying this again, extremely disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

Pros; -Beautiful color
-Does feel cool to the touch
- Blendable

Cons; - Pain in the ass to sharpen
- Wouldn't use this for thin lining

P.S. This is a great buy but you gotta buy a sharpener for this

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by StephanieTaverna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

They aren't the best but I certainly didn't have a BAD experience with them. I like the colors that I can use all over the lid. I love shadow sticks as opposed to pressed shadows, so I was really excited and I was generally happy. I don't love them as eyeliners because it's hard to get a thin line, but otherwise not a bad purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like to use this for a base to eye shadows. Some of the colors are great. They blend well with a brush. I haven't used them as an eyeliner yet. The colors are a little light for that I think. The colors I have are:
Chill the Champagne: It is a nice lighter brown that I like to use all over my lid.
Cool Beans: It is a nice medium brown. Looks very nice in the crease.
Snow Bunny: It is a white color. I like to use it as a highlight
Pretty Cool: It is a soft lavender color. It is great all over the lid.
Lilac Freeze: It is a soft lilac color. This is the only color I am disappointed in. It is not as pigmented as I thought it would be. It looked like it was going to be a great color, but it isn't to me.
All in all I was very happy with this purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by inthiscity

Idk why this has so many bad reviews. These aren't mind blowing but I've found these to be creamy and fast. I originally bought the frosty white color as a dupe for Benefit's Mr. Frosty pencil (which is ridiculously overpriced for what it is). It seems to have about the same lasting power for me. Nice to throw in your bag for a quick touch up.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by swann21

I really like the whole eyeliner eyeshadow idea. It makes application really easy. If it's pretty well sharpened, you can get a dark color and just put some in your crease really fast and run out the door. Really natural looking, really easy. Cons about this product is that the color fades pretty fast, even with a primer. And MAJOR eyelid tugging. Really bad. It'd probably get better if you heated the thing up for awhile, but that really takes the convenience out of it. Also the pencil isn't made out of wood, but like this plasticey substance that makes it easy to break the tip of the pencil just when it was almost sharp... I think Jordana has a similarly designed but smoother applicating version of this and they use real wood.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 7:56:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Crappy McCrapperton. Very dry, little color payoff and it creases. 'Nuff said.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jixwonxee

I have this is Blizzard brown. Absolutely horrible stuff- I ended up tugging on my under-eye skin until I found out that the pigment delivery is almost none! When you apply it to your hand, it seems easy enough, but such harsh application is not ideal for delicate areas (i.e. eyelid).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by arp4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love love love these pencils...i was a little disappointed in the beginning because i wasn't sure how to sharpen them...they are made kind of weird...but i bought the maybelline sharpener...it has an attachment just for these jumbo crayons that's removable...i was able to sharpen them perfectly...because of this sharpener i'm going to definitely buy them again

i put these on top of my mac painterly paint pot and they are the best bases ever! they make my eye shadow stand out perfectly...i love them

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by immevu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in Iced Princess and the purple one, i think it's Sugar Plum Ice, but i don't know b/c the packaging is soooo bad i tried to milt it into a pot. I got it out but it didn't milt.... Anyway, It's awesome!!! It makes the BEST base for eyeshadow! When I put it on under an eyeshadow to make the eyeshadow more vibrate i thought I'll just have to blend the color with my finger ever now and then to keep it from creasing. It did not crease at all for 5 to 7 hrs to my surprise! I was very happy! So i try to use it more but the stupid wood packaging keep scraping my eye. And the thing is sharpening it does not really help b/c the produce is not connected to the wood the way lead is to pencils. Theirs a big gap and when u try to sharpen it you just take off more produce and not wood. The gap pissed me off and made it hard to central where you put your shadow. So I got so tried of it and saw people milting NXY Jumbo eye pencils into pots on youtube so i tried doing the same thing. I guess the produce is too high quality to be milted so i ended up just pulling it out. Yeah i may have just damaged it for good, but I'll try to use it up... Stupid Packaging.

I'll Bye it again but only if it's B1G1 b/c the packaging is hell.

Also, another good thing is that it comes Off super easy! B/c it stayed on so well i thought i had to use a really good eye makeup remover, but not at all! Just ONE, ONE, ONE, swipe of water and its completely gone! You don't even have to use a cotton ball! it'll be off your face by the time you reach for one!

One small thing is that the purple one is not the color you see when you open it. It looks nothing like the color on the cap, it's more blue... SO just know that if you want to buy it, I was bummed when i oped it.

Hope this helps! And Good luck