November 25, 2014 | 1778 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Aqua Mirabilis Bath Melt

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by nippydips

This was my very first purchase from Lush so I don't have a gage of how well it works compared to other Lush products. buuuuut , that being said compared to other exfoliators I've used, this was the most moisturising and effective at exfoliating! I bought a much more expensive jar from Body Shop once and I felt like it was really drying on the skin. The grains in it were way too harsh! but this, has just the right amount of exfoliants such that it feels just like a massage! As for the smell, I'm not too picky about them and it's not vomit-inducing as many describe but it's not lick-worthy either ;) I would buy this again, it does what it promises to.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by kiki94x

I used a scrubbing version of this. I really liked the feeling of the product on my skin: it was a firm scrub, but is also left a soft, oily layer. Although it's a good product I would never buy it again, because it smells SO horrible. You basically feel like you are bathing yourself in peanut butter: it smells so awful...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ritaoutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product at the same time I bought the Lush Coco Lotion. It's definitely interesting. I have pretty dry skin and sometimes get little bumps around my elbows and drier parts of my arms and legs. I explained this to the sales associate so she suggested an exfoliating bar. The bar does have a nutty/almond smell which isn't too overwhelming, but doesn't linger on the skin. I rub the bar in the dry areas and then use my hands to rub it in. I have noticed that the areas are a bit softer and especially so after I apply the coco lotion. I am not completely sold on this bar, but it hasn't let me down. I am just curious in trying their other products.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by StaceySmith945

I'm kind of torn on this product, I cannot stand the smell. Smells very very nutty, and not in a good way to me. This is also so rough! I heard it was a gentle version of buffy, so thank god I didn't buy buffy. The reason why I'm torn is because I love the way it make my skin feel after I have used it. Super soft and moisturized skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by loula624

Love this!! I just used aqua mirabilis (body butter) today and have to say i am a huge fan. it has a great nutty smell. it really melts onto your skin and the grainy bits are great for exfoliating gently. my skin was sooo soft and moisturized for the rest of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by katie0804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After using another LUSH body butter, I thought I might give this one a try just to see how it is. Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of this one. The smell is great, very nutty yet fresh, but my skin doesn't feel any different after I use it. It lathers a little bit, but again my skin feels no different afterwards. If you don't need a lot of moisture this might be okay, but it's not heavy enough for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yet another weird LUSH product that I can't really wrap my mind around. Aqua Mirabilis is a bit like You Snap the Whip - it doesn't seem to do much for me except melt and leave little bits of mess in my shower.

Aqua Mirabilis does have a very nutty scent which (like another review stated) smells like granola. Since the scent doesn't linger on the skin, I have no problem with it. It's not as messy or irritating as You Snap the Whip but just like You Snap..., I didn't notice any super moisturizing qualities or even any super scrubbing qualities. It just kinda....is. I'll likely use this up because it's there but I can't imagine buying this or any other body butter from LUSH again. They just all seem a bit useless and expensive to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, this is a review for the New Aqua Mirabilis Body Butter. I am very pleased with it. I'd been looking for something to treat my KP daily with, and while Derma Doctor's treatment worked out really great, I felt like I was spending a lot of money using the scrub 2X a week, lotion twice a day, and using my PTR Glycolic Wash in addition to my regular soap and body lotion. One review mentioned that she uses Buffy for her KP, and thus began my research on the Lush's Body Butters. I'd been using their Henna for years, so I was already a fan. But I never got into their skincare, only the bath accessories and dyes. I decided to get Aqua Mirabilis and Buffy (which entitled me to the free tin, which I love) and try them both out to see which one worked better. I'm very sensitive, so I decided to try out the Aqua first in case Buffy was too much too soon. I don't have a verdict yet on Buffy, but the Aqua is doing an amazing job! I wash by body regularly (with my Olivella soap and Salux cloth), then use this just on the areas I have KP (the backs of my arms). I don't scrub with the bar. I apply a bit on until I have a good amount of Almond Shells and Shea, then put the bar back in the tin and rub the product in with my hands. This helps be conserve product and be more gentle. While I still follow up with my regular body lotion, I don't have to use a separate one just for my KP since Aqua is so moisturizing. I've seen such a dramatic difference and I couldn't be happier. My boyfriend even noticed it! I don't know how Buffy is going to work, but if it's anything like Aqua, I think I've found my KP solution! The only thing I don't like (surprise, surprise) is how quickly it melts. I did take one mark off for that. At the rate I'm going I can't see this lasting more than 2 months. Darn it. But still, $12 is better than the cost of all the products I was using before and it works way better. Very happy with this product.
Edit: I started making my own version of this, and it works just as well without the cost. I melt coconut oil, and shea butter together, add some ground up almonds, and a few drops of rose, lavender, tea tree, lemon, and sandalwood essential oils, then pour into an egg mold. It solidifies in the fridge and works the same as the LUSH product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

Aqua Mirabilis Body Butter!

I love this. I do not like Buffy at all but this to me is not as abrasive. I love the smell, reminds me of granola which I eat all the time. Yummy. It left my skin nice and smooth too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 8:52:00 AM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aqua Mirabalis (old) - so nice and refreshing. The apricot oil was the main note I always smelled. Too bad this was reformulated. I dont think it is even close to what it used to be.

Aqua Mirabilis - I cant get over the smell. Its smells nothing like the older version (melt). This smells like peanuts or something. Im sure its probably pretty exfoliating but I cant get passed the smell.