September 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Moisturizers - Yves Saint Laurent - Temp Majeur Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

This review is for Temps Majeur Moisturizing Face Cream/Temps Majeur "Creme"

Cost: about $340-345 for 1.6 oz . I received this as a gift.

Claims from YSL's US website:
"Temps Majeur is the answer to skin’s youthful beauty. Decadently luxurious and deeply replenishing, this velvety-smooth cream works wonders. The true hero behind this treatment is the miraculous Ganoderma Lucidum. Upon application, skin looks rejuvenated and refreshed, and glowing with youthful radiance."

Ingredients from YSL's US website:
Aqua (Water) . Cyclomethicone . Dimethicone Crosspolymer . Glycerin . Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protein . Ganoderma Lucidum (Mushroom) Stem Extract . Sodium Chloride . Hydrolyzed Silk . Malt Extract . Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone . Ppg-3 Myristyl Ether . Parfum (Fragrance) . Tocopheryl Acetate . Phenoxyethanol . Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil . Methylparaben . Hydrolyzed Hazelnut Protein . Butylparaben . Ethylparaben . Sodium Hyaluronate . Isobutylparaben . Propylparaben .

Pros: Very light and silky cream that absorbs quickly, non-greasy. I have to give YSL major credit for listing the ingredients on-line, as many luxury brands will not do this.

Cons: Highly fragranced, unhygienic jar packaging (major ick factor for me) which means cream will go off quicker. Does not do anything above and beyond moisturising - and even then this barely helped my drier skin in the winter. It may suit young, not sensitive to fragrance or silicone, combo with no dryness or oilier skin types. Boring formula with 80% water, silicones and glycerin with no proven anti-aging ingredients (unless you count the mushroom but one possible antioxidant isn't amazing), embarrassingly over-priced for the poor formulation. Tested on animals.

Repurchase/Recommend? Most certainly not. I hate even applying this, it's a waste of time on my skin when I could be using something decent. I ended up giving it away with no regrets. I strongly advise passing on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by cc628moon

I was given a luxury sample when I purchased at YSL, however I don't think that is a good product, at least I won't pay to buy it.

It was made of luxury fungi, "ling chi", it sounds luxurious, but I don't see any effects on my skin. I think more or less all the moisturizer would moisture your skin, but that one is just doesn't hydrate my skin at all.

I was back in hong kong and it was winter in there, as you might aware of its not really dry in there, but still my skin was flaking, so I tried to use this sample, and after 2 days my skin didn't get any better, it just feels the same.

I don't know what is wrong with that product, but even hydration is not provided, then don't call it a moisturizer. P.S. their eye product I am quite impressed tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the most amazing moisturizing cream I've ever used. Several of the MA listings refer to the same product: Yves Saint Laurent Temps Majeur Nutri-Creme 50ml/1.6oz.

I first got this as a sample as a GWP on a shopping whim in NYC. It was blistering cold that weekend (windy, snow, FRIGID), and I used the jar of this stuff the entire weekend. I was amazed with the results. A little goes a long way. I woke up with supple, hydrated skin and my pores were smaller and fine lines less visible. I also used it during the day and had no problems with dryness whatsoevever. It glides on silky smooth and just sinks in wonderfully. There is a scent to it, which I like but I imagine isn't for everyone.

I loved this product so much that I actually forked over the $$$ for a jar. I've been using it sparingly, even now in very hot LA and it never lets me down. My skin looks good whenever I use this cream. I wouldn't use it on a daily basis, but do include it in my skincare wardrobe and alternate use with other moisturizers and the like. This is a product to purchase, and if you're not certain, try to get a sample. This is the best night cream I've found when I've compared results with La Mer, La Prairie and Shiseido's high end products which are only offered at Shiseido boutique stores. Love this stuff! <3 <3 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 6:43:00 AM More reviews by no_soucy

Just as a note, this is the second time i'm posting this review as i found two entries for the same product!

About 6 weeks i decided to take a plunge and switch from my regular skincare regime to one of these 'global anti-age' products i have heard so much about!! I have used a mix of mostly Guerlain and YSL products for the last few years with the odd La Prairie thrown in for good measure, but never any of the most expensive of their lines. Well let me say I am really impressed with this product. I've gone from using a seperate day and night product + Serum day and night to just using the one creme day and night which is a plus. I absolutely adore the texture and i'm very happy with the difference it hast made to my complexion. I just feel like i no longer have these 'bad skin days'. What a releif. If you are like me and were averaging $400 total or more for your regular day + night products, do yourself a favour and give this one a try. Having said that though, I have also now purchased the eye-cream in the range and i can't wait to try the night time elixir from this line!
Update: Just wanted to say i agree with other reviewers the texture is similar to the Shiseido 'global anti age' Future Perfect which a friend of mine loves... She has beautiful skin so i guess all i can say is, i think the YSL Jar is nicer! ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2005 12:32:00 AM More reviews by beautynyc

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yet another disappointment for YSL Beaute. Temps Majeur's star ingredient is Ganoderma Lucidum, or Mannetake Mushroom extract. This is supposed to be yet another collagen stimulating, firming, all-around anti-aging cream. Well, I finished an entire jar and saw absolutely no change in my skin. For $265.00, I expect more than a nice texture and pleasant scent. Having worked close to this line in a few stores, I will tell you, for the most part, their skin care products gather dust. I rarely saw any of it sell. It's color and fragrance that YSL is known for. Now, 5 years after Terry de Gunzburg's departure as crative director of their color range, even that's not great any more. Oh, well.....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2005 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

I have been using this cream for a little while and have been fairly underwhelmed. Pros are, it does go on lightly and sinks in quickly, and my skin does feel supple after. However, my skin does not feel particularly moisturized and it certainly doesn't have the glow I get from other products like Kiehls or Lancome. And I'm not even dry-skinned! Much as I love YSL makeup, I don't think their skincare line is for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2004 10:33:00 AM More reviews by wrbtu

I went to a dept store and was able to get a sample of this wonderful cream. I have extremely sensitive combination skin along with numerous allergies, so I don't buy skin products unless I try them first. Like all the YSL products this does have a scent, but thus far, I have not reacted to it. I use a tiny amount which easily covers my face (I also use this on the throat and ears). I truly enjoy the feel of it (very delicate and smooth). It immediately hydrates, gets absorbed and does not feel greasy at all after application. I hate feeling oily or sticky and this does not leave any residual cream on top of the skin. I have used this both as a night and day cream. IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE. I have not purchased this because of the cost and because I still have the sample. I will probably look around on line to see if I can purchase it for less. I would not be surprised if I do buy it, but gosh the price is just extreme.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2003 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sammifan

I recently started using exclusively YSL for my nightime routine, and it's working well for me so far (keeping fingers crossed). The Temp Majeur line consists of 3 products - this moisturizer has been around for a while but there are two new additions to the line, an eye cream, and a mask. I really love the cream, it feels luxurious when you apply it and it makes your skin feel really smooth. It is very light, almost like a gel-cream, and non-greasy and sinks in immediately. It is scented like the other YSL skincare products, e.g. the Hydra-Tech SPF 8 lotion and the gommage exfoliator. It comes with in a jar but with a spatula. It is also outrageously expensive (unfortunately!), at $250U.S. for a 50mL jar. I love it so far, though. I find that I get better results if I use it in combination with the YSL beauty toner (the one which is pink and opaque with a milky consistency).